Siege weapons are constructs used by players within the province of Cyrodiil for the Alliance War, mainly for the purpose of attacking or defending keeps. They may be purchased from Siege Merchants and Quartermasters, either with player gold or Alliance Points. Siege weapons must be set up from the Quick Slot wheel, and may not be deployed on sloped ground or too close to another siege weapon. Once deployed, you may exit the weapon and allow another allied player to fire it, but it can only be packed up by the player that originally set it up. Attackers and defenders may only deploy up to 20 siege weapons each at any keep. Enemy siege weapons may be targeted by friendly siege weapons (except rams), damaging the weapon and any nearby enemy players, and destroying the weapon when its toughness reaches zero.
Siege weapons are alliance-specific, and can only be used by their matching alliance. You can store them in your bank or guild bank and trade them to other characters in your account or other players, but only they may only be used by members of the same alliance.
There are five types of siege weapons:
- Ballistae are most effective when used for destroying enemy siege weapons, but may also be used against enemy fortifications and players. Ballistae have a shorter reload time than trebuchets, but have lower toughness. Ballistae come in four varieties: standard, Fire (causes fire damage to enemy players over time), Lightning (ensnares enemy players), and Cold Fire (slightly more damage). Fire ballistae do 1,000 damage to keep walls.
- Battering Rams are only effective for destroying the doors and gates of enemy keeps. Up to five additional players may assist in the operation of a ram by standing within its structure while it is deployed against a door, each of whom will increase its damage rating. Once deployed, rams can only move very slowly, so they are best deployed close to the enemy's door.
- Catapults are most effective against enemy players, and come in three varieties: Oil (ensnares enemies), Meatbag (causes additional disease damage), and Scattershot (damages foes in a wide area). Catapults have a shorter reload time than ballistae, and are 50% tougher. They have shorter range than trebuchets but a similar high trajectory than can deliver missiles over some obstacles.
- Flaming Oil is very effective against enemy battering rams and players, but can only target objects close to and directly below it.
- Trebuchets are best used to destroy the walls and doors of enemy keeps. They have higher toughness than ballistae and catapults, have a very high arcing trajectory that can drop missiles behind enemy walls or atop higher elevations, but take longer to reload. Trebuchets come in five varieties: Stone, Firepot (causes fire damage to structures and enemies), Iceball (causes damage and ensnares enemy players), Cold Fire (slightly more damage) and Cold Stone (slightly more damage).
With the exception of battering rams, all siege weapons are immobile once deployed. In order to relocate them, they must be stowed, which can only be done when they are loaded and ready to fire. Once you deploy a siege weapon, you are locked into operation of that weapon, and can perform no other actions (except chatting). In order to perform other actions, you must either stow the weapon (X button), or exit the weapon (Alt or Option), the latter of which will leave the weapon deployed, where it can be used by another friendly player.
When deployed, siege weapons slowly decay, losing toughness over time, even if not being fired. If a siege weapon is deployed and left unmanned, it will decay at a much faster rate, quickly falling apart and disappearing. Siege weapons may also be lit on fire by enemy players, causing them to quickly decay and be destroyed. Burning siege weapons can also be repaired, which causes you to throw a bucket of water on them, dousing the flames. Siege weapons that are at less than full toughness can also be repaired with repair kits.
The Cold Fire and Cold Stone variants can only be obtained by completing dolmens in Cyrodiil.
There are three types for each weapon, depending on alliance.
|Weapon||Description||Toughness||Gold Price||AP Price|
| Dominion Ballista
|Creates a ballista siege weapon whose bolt causes great damage to structures and enemies.||100,000||1800|
| Dominion Fire Ballista
Covenant Fire Ballista
Pact Fire Ballista
|Creates a ballista siege weapon whose bolt causes flame damage to structures and also damages foes over time.||100,000||450||1200|
| Dominion Lightning Ballista
Covenant Lightning Ballista
Pact Lightning Ballista
|Creates a ballista siege weapon whose electrically charged bolt ensnares enemies and drains their Magicka.||100,000||1200|
| Dominion Cold Fire Ballista
Covenant Cold Fire Ballista
Pact Cold Fire Ballista
|Creates a ballista siege weapon whose bolt causes flame damage to structures and also damages foes over time.||(?)|
| Dominion Meatbag Catapult
Covenant Meatbag Catapult
Pact Meatbag Catapult
|Creates a catapult siege weapon that fires a bag of diseased meat at its targets.||150,000||1200|
| Dominion Oil Catapult
Covenant Oil Catapult
Pact Oil Catapult
|Creates a catapult siege weapon that fires a jar of oil at its targets, ensnaring them and draining their Stamina.||150,000||1200|
| Dominion Scattershot Catapult
Covenant Scattershot Catapult
Pact Scattershot Catapult
|Creates a catapult siege weapon whose mass of small rocks causes damage to foes in a wide area.||150,000||1200|
| Dominion Firepot Trebuchet
Covenant Firepot Trebuchet
Pact Firepot Trebuchet
|Creates a trebuchet weapon whose fireball causes burn damage to structures and foes.||200,000||450||1800|
| Dominion Iceball Trebuchet
Covenant Iceball Trebuchet
Pact Iceball Trebuchet
|Creates a trebuchet weapon whose iceball causes damage and ensnares players.||200,000||1800|
| Dominion Stone Trebuchet
Covenant Stone Trebuchet
Pact Stone Trebuchet
|Creates a trebuchet weapon whose stones cause great damage to structures and foes.||200,000||1800|
| Dominion Cold Fire Trebuchet
Covenant Cold Fire Trebuchet
Pact Cold Fire Trebuchet
|Creates a trebuchet weapon whose fireball causes burn damage to structures and foes.||(?)|
| Dominion Cold Stone Trebuchet
Covenant Cold Stone Trebuchet
Pact Cold Stone Trebuchet
|Creates a trebuchet weapon whose stones cause great damage to structures and foes.||(?)|
| Dominion Battering Ram
Covenant Battering Ram
Pact Battering Ram
|Creates a battering ram which can be used to destroy doors.||200,000||1800|
|Flaming Oil||Pours straight downwards. Very effective weapon against Rams and players operating a Ram.||100,000||800|