Online:Empress Regent Clivia Tharn
This article is about the NPC that appears in-person in the Imperial City DLC. For the projection that appears in Sancre Tor, see Clivia Tharn.
|Empress Regent Clivia Tharn
Clivia Tharn is the Empress Regent of Cyrodiil, daughter of Abnur Tharn and his seventh wife Pulasia. She is also the widow of former Emperors Leovic and Varen Aquilarios. Clivia and her bodyguards are currently planning to retake the White-Gold Tower from the Daedra.
For more information, see the lore article.
- Planemeld Obverse: Fulfill the prophecy of an Elder Scroll by freeing the White-Gold Tower from Coldharbour's clutches.
- Empress Regent Clivia Tharn: "My patience grows thin, Sister."
- Sister Terran Arminus: "We've had our differences but when have you ever known me to be wrong?"
- Empress Regent Clivia Tharn: "Yes ... yes, I suppose that's true. A few more moments, then."
If she is spoken to then, Clivia is dismissive of you saying:
- "What are you? Some kind of vagabond? I have nothing to say to you."
After you agree to help verify, she is slightly more willing to speak with you, though still impatient:
- "If that damned Moth Priest doesn't get moving soon, I'll move through her.
Get going. Maybe she'll follow. We need to retake the throne room, first and foremost."
- Who are you?
- "Don't you recognize the ruler of the Imperial Empire when you see her? I am the Empress Regent, and I've returned to claim the Ruby Throne from these Daedra.
They've sullied it long enough."
- What's an Empress Regent?
- "There's no hope for people like you."
- You plan to retake the Tower? Why not call for reinforcements?
- "These few here are all I could muster. My most trusted. The generals assure me there are more defensible targets than the Imperial Palace, than the Ruby Throne. They refuse to support this assault.
If you are currently/have formerly been the Emperor, your responses following the "Who are you?" option can be different:
- You can't be the Empress. I'm the Emperor/Empress.
- "You're among the pretenders I hear so much about, passing the false title of ruler among yourselves like some lewd disease.
You sicken me. I will end the struggle in Cyrodiil today. As if one could force their way onto the Ruby Throne."
- But that's what you're trying to do right now.'
- "The throne is mine by right! Once we remove the Daedra from this Imperial property, I will rule from atop it once again.
Enough talk. Let's move."
- I was the Emperor/Empress once.
- "You're among the pretenders vying for the throne in Cyrodiil? You swine. You will never lay claim to that false title again.
When White-Gold Tower is mine again, I will restore order to the Empire."
Once Adjudicator has been slain:
- "Yes, you killed a couple of fool Daedra. Must all peasants be congratulated for doing their work?
We have the Ruby Throne, but the Elder Scroll is still out there."
- Where do we go now?
- "You could ask out dear Moth Priest, but she'll tell you the Lower Library up ahead. She said she left the Elder Scroll there.
How these Daedra could have missed it … I don't know."
When the Lower Library is reached, the following scene will happen:
- Sister Terran Arminus: "Hold! The Scroll is here!"
- Empress Regent Clivia Tharn: "Where? There's nothing."
- Sister Terran Arminus: "This is where I left it. Give me a moment. You'll see."
- <In a flash of glowing blue light the Scroll appears, floating on the pedestal.>
- Empress Regent Clivia Tharn: "The Elder Scroll!"
- Sister Terran Arminus: "It's not ready! Don't touch it!"
- Empress Regent Clivia Tharn: "The Scroll is mine."
- <Empress Regent Clivia takes the Scroll.>
- "Kill them all!"
- Micella Carlinus: "As you wish, Empress."
When you have caught up to the Empress Regent, reality seems to be breaking up and Sister Terran will plead with her to stop.
- Sister Terran Arminus: "Stay calm! Everything you see is just your mind trying to make sense of merging realities!"
- <Said to Clivia on the other side of the gate:>
- "This won't end well for you, Your Majesty! Leave the Scroll stop this!"
- Empress Regent Clivia Tharn: "You underestimate me, wretch!"
Once you reach the top of the tower to confront Empress Regent Clivia Tharn, she has some words for you:
- Empress Regent Clivia Tharn: "Do you fools still believe you are dealing with Clivia Tharn? She is as lost to you as the White-Gold Tower!"
At this point she will transform into her true form, Molag Kena. It is unknown if the real Clivia survived the invasion.
Throughout the White-Gold Tower are Speaking Stones which show conversations between the Empress Regent and General Velarius.
The first Speaking Stone:
- General Velarius "Empress Regent. I arrived as soon as I could. How can the Imperial Legions serve your highness?"
- Empress Regent Clivia Tharn: "General Velarius. I need you to spare me a regiment of your elite."
- General Velarius "I…of course, but for what purpose? Imperial City is crawling with Daedra."
- Empress Regent Clivia Tharn: "Just a single regiment. Have them report personally to me. I require the utmost secrecy about this. They will serve in your name."
- General Velarius "As you wish, Empress Regent."
The second Speaking Stone:
- Empress Regent Clivia Tharn: "General. I'm certain that you have plenty to do today. How can I help you?"
- General Velarius "My officers report you requested Legion members directed to your personal service. May I ask why? Do you intend to feed them to the Daedra, as well?"
- Empress Regent Clivia Tharn: "Mind your tone. I already apologized for the incident. I am no strategist, but your men did not die in vain."
- General Velarius "I won't grant this request."
- Empress Regent Clivia Tharn: "It's an order from your Empress, General."
- General Velarius "With all due respect..."
- Empress Regent Clivia Tharn: "I know of the personal posting you made, General. Wasn't your daughter injured in a recent attack?"
- General Velarius "Is that a threat? The healers say we can't risk moving her out of the City and those guards...."
- Empress Regent Clivia Tharn: "Are the only thing keeping the Daedra away from your mansion. But they're also a waste of military resources. I'd be happy to leave them be if you cooperate. Consider it, General."
The third Speaking Stone:
- General Velarius "Empress Regent. These troop movements....they're nonsensical."
- Empress Regent Clivia Tharn: "They are necessary. The Waterfront District must be defended."
- General Velarius "Empress, that District holds no strategic value. You'd be sending these men to die for nothing."
- Empress Regent Clivia Tharn: "Why do you continue to oppose me?"'
- General Velarius "Why do you insist on playing general? I must refuse this, Empress."
- Empress Regent Clivia Tharn: "Then the Elder Council will hear about the extra postings. Your questionable command decisions."
- General Velarius "Make your threats. My men are loyal to me. I will personally see to it the Legion is done with you. Go back to ruling your Empire, such as it is."
- Empress Regent Clivia Tharn: "This means war, General."
- The attire worn by Clivia is slightly different from the costume players receive when they become Emperor. She wears a unique crown, her armor is gold and black rather than gold and red, and the armor plates on her thighs are missing.