|Empress Regent Clivia Tharn|
|Previous Ruler||Varen Aquilarios|
|Appears in||ESO, Legends|
- "Ah, fair Clivia. My charming girl grew to be a ruthlessly ambitious woman. I taught her well." –Abnur Tharn
Clivia Tharn was the ruler of the Empire of Cyrodiil during the Interregnum. A member of the prominent Tharn family, born to Abnur Tharn and his seventh wife, Pulasia, and Abnur's sixteenth daughter overall. She was also the widow of former Emperors Leovic and Varen Aquilarios.
When she was 7-years-old, Clivia played a game of Imperial War-Chess with her younger relative Euraxia and played an illegal move. Outraged, Euraxia taunted her by saying that she would one day be queen of Rimmen, but Clivia remained unimpressed, stating she would be the Empress. Her sister Septima noted that while she lacked instinctive prowess in the magical and political arts, Abnur groomed her for the Ruby Throne because she had an innate ability to command others, and they would have no choice but to follow. She married Leovic of the Longhouse Emperors, and served as his consort. When Leovic was overthrown and killed in a violent rebellion for legalizing Daedra worship in the Empire, his usurper, Duke Varen Aquilarios of Chorrol, wed Clivia to consolidate his rule. When the Five Companions embarked on a journey to locate the Amulet of Kings, Abnur sent Clivia a letter instructing her to oversee the Elder Council in his absence and saying that if Mannimarco's plan to relight the Dragonfires worked, her first child would inherit the whole of Tamriel.
In 2E 579, Varen mysteriously disappeared during a calamity known as the Soulburst, and Clivia was quickly declared Empress Regent of the Empire in his stead. This aroused widespread suspicions that Clivia and her father were responsible for Varen's disappearance, though it unbeknownst to even Clivia it was Mannimarco's doing. Mannimarco, who had orchestrated the Soulburst, became the power behind the Ruby Throne, turning Clivia to worship Molag Bal and manipulating her into expelling the Mages Guild from the Imperial City so that his Worm Cult could operate freely. When the three alliances invaded Cyrodiil in 2E 580, they gained control of the keeps around the Imperial City, with one occasionally gaining ephemeral supremacy and choosing an Emperor from its own ranks. However, as none of the alliances were able to take the Imperial City, Clivia continued to rule. This lasted until a dark anchor opened over the Imperial City, heralding a Daedric invasion which quickly overran the Imperial forces, and resulting in the deaths and capture of many of its citizens who were unable to escape. While absent from the Elder Council meeting at the start of the invasion, she was in charge of commanding troop movements, though her nonsensical orders for General Velarius suggest she was being impersonated even at the time. As of 2E 582, Clivia's fate is unknown; she is not among the known survivors of the Daedric invasion of the Imperial City, and one of Molag Bal's servants, Molag Kena, impersonated her to gain access to the White-Gold Tower in order to carry out the "Planemeld Obverse" ritual. It is unclear how long Kena had been impersonating Clivia.
- Though Septima says Clivia was the sister of both her and Euraxia, Abnur states that Septima is his grand-niece/third cousin and Euraxia is his half-sister.
- House Tharn of Nibenay by Count Opius Voteporix — A volume describing the noble Imperial family of House Tharn
- Eulogy for Emperor Varen by Lord Abnur Tharn, Chancellor of the Elder Council — A lament for a dead emperor
- Meet the Character - Clivia Tharn by Magus-General Septima Tharn — Septima Tharn reminisces her youth with her sister
- Abnur Tharn's dialogue
- House Tharn of Nibenay — Count Opius Voteporix
- Chronicles of the Five Companions 4 — Abnur Tharn
- Meet the Character - Clivia Tharn — Magus-General Septima Tharn
- Meet the Character - Chevalier Renald — Abnur Tharn
- Anchorite's Log
- Events of ESO
- Minutes of the Elder Council
- Dialogue between Clivia Tharn and General Velarius