The UESPWiki – Your source for The Elder Scrolls since 1995
- Grim Situation: Defeat the spirit invasion in Fort Grimwatch.
- Motes in the Moonlight: Cleanse Moonmont and subdue the Dark Mane.
- The Moonlit Path: Help the Lunar Champion walk the Two Moons Path.
- The Den of Lorkhaj: Help the Lunar Champion walk the final, dark path.
- The Golden Claw: Ensure the Golden Claw's protection.
The Mane appears before you when you enter the Grimwatch Tree.
- Shazah: "The first Mane? Incredible!"
Speak with him.
- "You have done well, traveler. Stand beside Shazah, struggling against the darkness. You have taken your first steps down a difficult path."
- Who are you?
- "This one is as Shazah named him. I am Rid-Thar-ri'Datta, the first Mane. I have returned to watch over my people. The line of Manes is in danger, and this one felt his presence would help to light the path."
- What is this path you speak of?
- "The Dro-m'Athra, Akkhuz-ri, the Champions ... all are part of a whole. What lies ahead will require blood and steel and courage to overcome."
- What do we do?
- "Pass through the flames, they will not harm you. Not you, of all people. Within the temple you will find the source of the darkness. Destroy it and you will return control of the fort to those who live in the light."
- Consider it done.
He gives you his blessing and disappears.
- Rid-Thar-ri'Datta: "Receive the touch of the first Mane. And exult in the moonlight."
Being revealed as Moon Hallowed
- Rid-Thar-ri'Datta: "Mane Akkhuz-ri is tainted by evil. He will never again be fit to lead our people."
- Rid-Thar-ri'Datta: "Our hope lies with these women, the Champions. One of them will be Mane. You must help them walk the Path... for you are the Moon Hallowed."
- Rid-Thar-ri'Datta: "Without a new Mane, the Khajiit will fall. The Dominion will fall. Walk well in the light of Jode and Jone, and you shall succeed. Moon Hallowed."
Motes in the Moonlight
- "You say it truly. She will remain here, a prisoner in darkness. Only through the strength of her heart, the wisdom of her mind, can the evil that is the Dark Mane be contained."
- Why does it have to be this way? Why does the Dark Mane have to be contained?
- "The Dark Mane is a creature of Darkness. A being from beyond the stars. The only way he could be truly destroyed is to face him in one of those places beyond. But here, now, one of the Champions can hold him. Make the world safe from his evil."
- Rid-Thar, can you help me decide?
- "No, Hallowed. This must be your decision. Speak to the Champions if you need to. Hear what they have to say before you decide. This must be your decision, alone."
- Tell me again, I have to choose one of the Champions to contain the Dark Mane?
The Moonlit Path
The Den of Lorkhaj
After the quest:
- "This path is over, but the journey never ends. May the moons shine brightly on you in the future."