|This place page is currently being rewritten as part of the Morrowind Overhaul Project.
The page is being rewritten and checked in several stages. All users are welcome to make changes to the page. If you make a change that is relevant to the project, please update this template accordingly, and make sure you have observed the project guidelines.
|• The Plaza • Waistworks • Underworks • Travel • Maps • Notes • Quests • Homes • People • Services •|
The Redoran Canton is one of the nine cantons in Vivec, located south of the Foreign Quarter, between the Hlaalu and Arena Cantons. It is controlled by House Redoran and hosts many services for its retainers and visitors alike.
The canton is also the site of two Morag Tong writs and several quests from Faral Retheran in the Redoran Treasury. It houses considerable Redoran treasures in its vaults. The Sixth House continues its assault on House Redoran in the sewers.
|Balen Andrano||Merchant||Redoran Waistworks|
|Brildraso Nethan||Trains Athletics; Block; Long Blade||Redoran Waistworks|
|Elms Llervu||Trains Mercantile; Speechcraft; Athletics||Redoran Waistworks|
|Faral Retheran||Trains Short Blade; Light Armor; Sneak||Redoran Plaza|
|Minglos||Trains Sneak; Block; Medium Armor||Redoran Waistworks|
|Relms Gilvilo||Spellmaker, Spell Merchant, Merchant for Ingredients/Potions/Books||Redoran Waistworks|
|Sorosi Radobar||Rents Beds, Merchant for Ingredients/Potions||The Flowers of Gold|
|Talis Drurel||Trains Athletics; Block; Medium Armor||The Flowers of Gold|
|Tenaru Romoren||Trains Athletics; Long Blade; Block||Redoran Plaza|
|Ulyno Uvirith||Trains Long Blade; Short Blade; Blunt Weapon||Redoran Waistworks|
The Waistworks contains Redoran Prison cells, which leads to the Treasury, which in turn connects to the Plaza and the Vault. In the Treasury is Faral Retheran, a House Cousin and quest giver for House Redoran . A Scout and Drillmaster Quarters offers training. An Indoril helmet and shield are lying on a chest, another on a table. There are bunk beds for Redoran Retainers.
In the Lower Waistworks, the Redoran Temple Shrine offers Spell making services. The Redoran Records is a small library with mostly religious texts and two copies of the book Antecedants of Dwemer Law.
Robbing the Redoran Treasury
This is easily the best free loot haul in the entire game. It will have no effect on Redoran players' faction reputation (unless caught). Ahnassi might have told you that Dralor Manor in Redoran Plaza contains a key (in Favela Dralor's bedroom drawers) which opens two chests with gold and jewels. Or you may have just incidentally found it while poking around in Vivec homes. Ahnassi's details aren't quite right. The key legally disarms and opens the trapped and Lower Vault door in the treasury, as well as some chests inside. The other contents of that room are worth far more, both in sale and gameplay value, than some gold and jewels, though you get those as well.
Enter the Redoran Treasury, also in Redoran Plaza. You'll find the Upper and Lower Vaults (both downstairs from the entrance) heavily guarded by retainers and Ordinators.
The Lower Vault is on the bottom floor (where Drelse Dralor is). Simply use the key to enter this vault, which triggers no reaction from anyone. Go inside and wait for any guards in the vault to go out where Drelse is, then close the door (actually, you can even simply wait, using the "wait" button, for a few hours and the guards will leave, even if you have the cell door closed!). Since the cell door is coded as solid instead of see-through, you can pick up and unlock anything when alone in here, even when you can see guards through the door's bars.
The key also opens the two small chests of gold (comparatively high amounts), while the chest of jewels (random) actually has no lock. Other loot laying around in this room:
- Several pieces of Ebony Armor – the second-best Heavy class in the game – including cuirass, greaves, closed helm, and tower shield
- Several pieces (random) of Glass Armor (excluding bracers) – the best Light Armor in the game – found in a crate
- Enchanted Bonemold Armor pieces (mid-range Medium Armor): a Heart Wall cuirass and a Storm Helm
- High-end weapons, including a Foeburner two-handed sword, a Glass War Axe and Dagger, and an Ebony Mace and Shortsword
- Random jewels, mid-range weapons, and/or armor pieces (e.g. Dwarven/Dwemer) in another crate
- Random gold, jewels and/or low to high-end weapons and armor in three larger locked chests (the key does not work on them); this loot may be leveled.
- The chest on the table with the ebony weapons and armor contains two random ebony weapons
- There are two chests that contain a random excellent melee weapon. One is on the floor below the table covered in ebony armor and weapons; the other is on the back wall immediately to the right of the baskets. See the leveled loot table for further information.
- Random alchemy ingredients and clutter, in baskets and a bag, which seem rather out of place here
- A Gold Armor Cuirass, Helm, and Pauldrons, if the LeFemm Armor plugin is installed (if not, other gear will be on the shelves in its place)
The Upper Vault is not opened by the same key and is also trapped and Telekinesis (15 feet), a probe, and a Scroll of Ekash's Lock Splitter if you can't do Open for 95 points or pick such a lock. It's just a waiting game, for all the patrolling Ordinators to be out of sight at the same time for just long enough to cast, disarm, and unlock. Trap at least one guard back in the Lower Vault to reduce observers. A riskier but less-waiting variant is to do this routine directly behind Beldrose Dralor and add Sneak and Chameleon to hide your activities, or get him to turn around away from the door and do the same combo directly at the door but without the Telekinesis component. Once the Upper Vault is opened, you can plunder it, too, without any problem as soon as the guards leave and you close the door.. Getting in is easiest done from the hallway, with
This room contains fivechests, plus other containers and loose loot, adding up to:
- Substantial amounts of gold and jewels
- Random, generic enchanted jewelry/clothing
- Random Exquisite-level clothing, unenchanted
- Ebony Longsword and Shortsword
- A Glass Longsword and Throwing Knives
- An Orc Warhammer
- Some Ebony Darts
- A crate of one each of the regular Silver weapons
- Random clutter.
- The chest on the floor adjacent the left wall contains two random ebony weapons
Various items from these rooms are badly damaged and must be repaired to sell for a good price. This should be done yourself, even with a terrible Armorer skill rating. Sell an undamaged bit of loot, and use some of the proceeds to buy a bunch of Repair Tongs or Apprentice or Journeyman Armorers Hammers from a Blacksmith who restocks them, and burn through them until the job is done. (High-end, light-weight hammers are expensive and have far fewer uses; they are for carrying while adventuring, for doing emergency repairs. Routine repair work should be done with the cheap stuff. Tip: Keep a pile of cheap tools on the floor at merchants to whom you regularly sell arms and armor, so you can repair them on-site to maximize sale value.)
The main game-design purpose of this dual hoard of magnificent booty (among other ones, like Ghorak Manor with its scary-looking Orcs who docilely let you empty their armor crates) appears to be to give repeat players a way to gear up quickly and get on with it, having already been through the "explore in confusion and wonder, and fight innumerable rats and crabs" phase on their first play-through. New players focused on the Main Quest and faction quests are unlikely to find this Lower Vault key by accident or by Ahnassi quest (only available to males anyway) until perhaps fairly late in the game. Another purpose this "Rob-me Vault" may serve is helping out exploratory open-world players with little interest in quests, who have been leveling without receiving many or any quest rewards, but looking everywhere at everything.
Vivec, Redoran connects to the Arena, the Foreign Quarter, St. Delyn and Hlaalu Canton. There are no Gondola services here.
- Nalvilie Saren: Find a lost love for Hlaren Ramoran.
- Meril Hlaano's Slanders: Convince this Hlaalu noble to stop slandering House Redoran.
- Redas Tomb: Retrieve three items from this tomb south of Molag Mar.
- Duel of Honor: Convince Rothis Nethan to complete a duel that he's chickened out of.
- Slay Dagoth Tanis: Kill this Dagoth at the bottom of the Falasmaryon Stronghold.
- Slay Reynel Uvirith: Kill this Telvanni wizard at Tel Uvirith.
- Slay Raynasa Rethan: Kill this Hlaalu lord on the Odai Plateau.
- Writ for Toris Saren: Execute Toris in Vivec.
- Writ for Guril Retheran: Execute Guril, found in Vivec.
- Threads of the Webspinner: Find 26 Sanguine items for Eno Hlaalu to receive a nice reward from Mephala.
- The Dwemer's Bone: Help Balen Andrano's failing business by sabotaging his competitor, Jeanne.
- Ahnassi, a Special Friend: A great romance awaits for those male characters brave enough to try.
- Sleepers Awake: Save several people from Dagoth Ur's spell.
|Arns Saren||Dunmer||Noble||House Redoran (House Cousin)||10||266||25||90||30||Saren Manor|
|Balen Andrano||Dunmer||Trader Service||House Redoran (Retainer)||10||99||108||100||30||Redoran Trader||Merchant|
|Beldrose Dralor||Dunmer||Noble||House Redoran (House Brother)||10||93||108||90||30||Redoran Vaults|
|Brevosi Indalen||Dunmer||Rogue||4||54||84||0||30||Redoran Plaza|
|Brildraso Nethan||Dunmer||Drillmaster Service||House Redoran (Lawman)||12||110||118||100||30||Redoran Scout & Drillmaster||Trainer|
|Danasi Ralen||Dunmer||Commoner||House Redoran (Hireling)||3||52||84||90||30||Saren Manor|
|Daroso Sethri||Dunmer||Knight||House Redoran (Lawman)||13||127||106||0||30||Outside [3,-11]|
|Drelse Dralor||Dunmer||Noble||House Redoran (House Cousin)||8||81||102||90||30||Redoran Vaults|
|Elms Llervu||Dunmer||Savant Service||House Redoran (Kinsman)||14||120||38||100||30||Redoran Waistworks||Trainer|
|Faral Retheran||Dunmer||Agent||House Redoran (House Cousin)||18||123||118||90||30||Redoran Treasury||Trainer|
|Favela Dralor||Dunmer||Noble||7||71||100||90||30||Dralor Manor|
|Galviso Heran||Dunmer||Warrior||House Redoran (Lawman)||13||148||100||90||30||Dralor Manor|
|Guril Retheran||Dunmer||Assassin||House Redoran (Lawman)||13||119||136||90||30||The Flowers of Gold|
|Hlavora Sadas||Dunmer||Commoner||4||58||86||90||30||Redoran Records|
|Minglos||Bosmer||Scout||House Redoran (Oathman)||10||103||100||90||30||Redoran Scout & Drillmaster||Trainer|
|Nelmil Hler||Dunmer||Commoner||2||51||82||0||30||Redoran Waistworks|
|Rathyne Thirano||Dunmer||Commoner||3||52||84||90||30||Redoran Records|
|Relms Gilvilo||Dunmer||Priest Service||House Redoran (Retainer)||7||65||96||100||30||Redoran Temple Shrine||Spellmaker; Spell Merchant; Merchant|
|Rothis Nethan||Dunmer||Savant||9||79||130||50||0||The Flowers of Gold|
|Saruse Hloran||Dunmer||Warrior||House Redoran (Lawman)||13||148||100||0||30||Redoran Plaza|
|Savard||Nord||Smith||House Redoran (Oathman)||10||134||74||100||30||Redoran Smith||Blacksmith; Merchant|
|Sorosi Radobar||Dunmer||Publican||12||92||136||100||30||The Flowers of Gold||Merchant|
|Talis Drurel||Dunmer||Barbarian||House Redoran (Retainer)||9||103||92||90||30||The Flowers of Gold||Trainer|
|Tedur Hlarar||Dunmer||Pauper||3||50||84||0||30||Redoran Plaza|
|Tenaru Romoren||Dunmer||Scout||House Redoran (Lawman)||13||131||106||0||30||Redoran Plaza||Trainer|
|Thoryn Samori||Dunmer||Commoner||House Redoran (Retainer)||3||57||84||90||30||Saren Manor|
|Toris Saren||Dunmer||Noble||House Redoran (House Cousin)||10||93||108||90||30||Saren Manor|
|Ulveni Daram||Dunmer||Noble||6||64||96||0||30||Redoran Waistworks|
|Ulyno Uvirith||Dunmer||Master-at-Arms||House Redoran (Retainer)||7||97||90||90||30||Redoran Scout & Drillmaster||Trainer|
|Uthrel Sarys||Dunmer||Commoner||3||57||84||90||30||Dralor Manor|