The UESPWiki – Your source for The Elder Scrolls since 1995
- How fast you move in the game world, which includes swimming.
The starting values for Speed vary by race and gender:
The following classes receive a +10 Bonus to Speed:
- Assassin, Barbarian, Nightblade, Rogue, Scout, Thief
- The Birthsign of The Steed grants an additional 25 points in Speed.
- Since there is no fast-traveling via the map in Morrowind, a higher Speed attribute can reduce the time to travel from location to location.
- Speed also increases the distance covered when jumping forward, allowing someone with a high Speed value to jump over larger gaps without the need for magic effects such as Levitate or Jump
- Movement speed is heavily affected by a character's weight. For that reason, races such as Orcs or Nords can be surprisingly swift, despite the low starting speed. This also gives the heavier races a higher potential movement speed, as attributes and skills cap at 100 for all races, while weight is fixed.