- The amount of damage you can take before you die. Increases every time you gain a level.
The red bar in the lower left corner of the screen indicates current and maximum health.
- Maximum health at the beginning of the game is determined by
(Strength + Endurance) / 2.
- The 25 Endurance added by the Lady birthsign does not increase starting health.
- When leveling up, health is increased by 10% of Endurance.
- Health is usually lost during combat.
- Magical effects that damage health include Damage Health, Fire Damage, Frost Damage, Shock Damage, and Poison. Absorb Health acts like Damage Health on the target. Drain Health lowers current health, but raises it by the same amount when the duration expires.
- Several environmental effects can damage health:
- Falling from high distances damages health, but the damage is reduced by Acrobatics.
- Staying underwater until your breath meter runs out rapidly damages health until you can breathe.
- Standing in lava rapidly damages health while in contact.
- Death occurs when health is less than or equal to 1.
- Upon death, you'll be asked if you want to load your most recent saved game.
- If you choose "no", you'll get the option to load another save, start a new game, or quit.
- You can restore your health with the Restore Health effect. Using Absorb Health also restores the caster's health.
- Resting, but not waiting, will restore health equal to 10% of Endurance per hour.
- This value also uses one decimal point and can accumulate.
- Fortify Health effects increase current and maximum health for the duration.
Armor and weapons also have a health value, which is listed as its condition. This value is shown in the item tooltip and as a red bar underneath the equipped weapon icon in the lower left corner near your health bar.
- With low condition values, armor provides less protection and weapons inflict less damage.
- An item with zero condition cannot be used at all until repaired.
- Equipment can be repaired by a Smith or by using repair tools.
- Equipment can be damaged by the Disintegrate effect.