- The amount of damage you can take before you die. Increases every time you gain a level.
The red bar in the lower left corner of the screen indicates current and maximum health.
- Maximum health at the beginning of the game is determined by
(Strength + Endurance) / 2.
- The 25 Endurance given by choosing The Lady Birthsign does not increase starting health.
- When leveling up, health is increased by 10% of Endurance.
Health can be damaged in a variety of ways, and reaching 0 health causes death.
- In Combat, weapon hits always damage health.
- Hand-to-hand only damages fatigue until the target is knocked to the ground, at which point they take health damage instead.
- Magical effects that damage health include Damage Health, Fire Damage, Frost Damage, Shock Damage, and Poison. Absorb Health acts as a damage effect on the target. Drain Health damages current health, but it restores health by the same amount when the duration expires.
- Several environmental effects can damage health:
- Falling from high distances damages health, but the damage is reduced by Acrobatics.
- Staying underwater until your breath meter runs out rapidly damages health until you can breathe.
- Standing in lava rapidly damages health while in contact.
- You can restore your health with the Restore Health effect. Using Absorb Health also restores the caster's health.
- Resting, but not waiting, will restore health equal to 10% of Endurance per hour.
- This value also uses a floating point and can accumulate.
- Fortify Health effects increase current and maximum health for the duration.
Armor and Weapons also have a health value, which is listed as its condition. This value is shown in the item tooltip and as a red bar underneath the equipped weapon icon in the lower left corner near your health bar.
- Armor with a low condition provides less protection and weapons with low condition will do less damage.
- An item with 0 Condition cannot be used at all until repaired.
- Equipment can be repaired by a Smith or by using the Armorer skill.
- Equipment can be damaged by the Disintegrate effect.