|This page is currently being redesigned for the Lore Places Project (LPP).
The page may need work to meet the standards outlined on the project page.
|Appears in||Skyrim, ESO|
Eastmarch is the eastern hold of Skyrim, and one of the four known collectively as the Old Holds. As its name suggests, it lies against the province's eastern border, close to the Dunmeth Pass, the only passage to and from Morrowind in the area due to the high and rugged Velothi Mountains.
Windhelm is the only sizable city in the otherwise rural province due to the expansive hot springs which dominate the hold. According to legend, these hot springs were created when the hero Wuunding fought a mighty Daedra and defeated it with a flaming hammer. The hammer's blows melted the Daedra, leaving behind the numerous hot springs.
Darkwater River winds north from Lake Geir into this treacherous hot spot, where it meets the White River which then drains into the Sea of Ghosts as it passes Windhelm. River Yorgrim also joins with the White River before it ends at the Sea of Ghosts. It drains Lake Yorgrim, which lies west in the hold known as the Pale.
- An Imperial fort that was once home to the settlement of Amol.
- A Nordic tomb built by Holgeir in memory of Fjori, as described in the book Of Fjori and Holgeir.
- Bonestrewn Crest
- A Dragon Cult tomb.
- Darkwater Crossing
- A village located along the banks of the Darkwater River.
- Darkwater River
- A river connecting Lake Geir to the White River.
- Lord Ysgramor (ME ?)
- King Harald Hand-Free (1E 143 - 1E 221)}}
- King Hjalmer (1E 221 - 1E 222):5
- King Vrage (1E 2222 - 1E ?):5
- Jarl Elgryr the Unminded (2E ?)
- Queen Mabjaarn Flame-Hair (at least 2E 546 - 2E 572)
- Queen Nurnhilde (2E 572 - 2E 572)
- Skald-King Jorunn (ca. 2E 572 - at least 2E 582)
- King Asgan (at least 3E 389 - at least 3E 399)
- Jarl Hoag Stormcloak (at least 4E 180 - 4E 183):877
- Jarl Ulfric Stormcloak (ca. 4E 183 - at least 4E 201):877
Eastmarch circa 2E 582
- ^ a b Pocket Guide to the Empire, 1st Edition: Skyrim — Imperial Geographical Society, 2E 864
- ^ Antique Map of Eastmarch codex entry in ESO
- ^ Wuunding and Tumult — Vothel Bethalas
- ^ Events of Skyrim
- ^ Songs of the Return
- ^ Memorial plaque in Windhelm
- ^ a b The Daggerfall Chronicles — Ronald Wartow
- ^ The Windhelm Letters — Reylia
- ^ a b Jorunn the Skald-King — Helgreir Lute-Voice, Bard of Windhelm
- ^ Second Invasion: Reports
- ^ Jorunn the Skald-King's dialogue in ESO
- ^ Windhelm location and rumors in Arena
- ^ Stormcloak Banner description in Blades
- ^ a b The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim: Prima Official Game Guide — David Hodgson
- ^ Ulfric Stormcloak's dialogue in Skyrim