|# of Zones||4|
|Respawn Time||10 days|
|Bandits, Frostbite Spiders|
|Console Location Code(s)|
|FortGreenwallExterior01, FortGreenwallExterior02, FortGreenwallExterior03, FortGreenwall01, FortGreenwall02, FortGreenwall03, FortGreenwall04|
|South-southeast of Shor's Stone
Northwest of Riften
|# of Forges/Anvils||1|
|# of Grindstones||1|
|# of Workbenches||1|
It is, at first, occupied by hostile bandits. It will be taken over by whoever wins the civil war, or can change hands during Season Unending. It may also be taken by the faction holding Riften if it is cleared of bandits.
During The Reunification of Skyrim or Liberation of Skyrim radiant quests, you may be sent here to reclaim the fort for either the Imperials or Stormcloaks. The latter can only happen if you give The Rift to the Imperials during Season Unending.
- The Battle for Fort Greenwall: Take Fort Greenwall for the Imperials. (radiant)
- The Battle for Fort Greenwall: Reclaim this fort for the Stormcloaks. (radiant)
Both the exterior and interiors are fairly different depending whether it is held by bandits or soldiers.
Greenwall Cave, which is not connected to any of the fort's interior zones, is accessible from the fort's exterior area. There is one entrance inside the fort's walls (the covered well), and one outside. The cave is a good source of glowing mushrooms. The entrance via the well is down a ladder.
Underwater, there is a dead soldier, a letter which explains who he was, two bottles of alto wine, four bottles of wine, six bottles of Nord mead, and an unlocked chest. To the northeast is an expert-locked gate that leads along a short path to a second partially flooded area with a tunnel to the second entrance, which is northeast of the fort.
- To the east of Greenwall Cave's main entrance (the one exterior to the fort), there is a caged wolf. When freed, two Trappers will proceed to attack you, with the wolf siding with you against them. If the wolf manages to survive the fight, it will be friendly and stay around in the cage area.
- During the related quest there will be many more soldiers.
- On the left edge of the fireplace as if it is under the fireplace is the tip and bottom of the handle of a second iron battleaxe, but you are unable to interact with it.
- Not if this is a bug or intentional. If you clear it of bandits prior to starting the civil war questline, then when the fort respawns, the interior items and room content will change to that as if occupied by Stormcloaks, but there are no soldiers inside or outside the fort. Only a single horse will appear near the stable.