- Surrounded by sand bars and shifting channels, this island in the Strid estuary has long been a haven for pirates, raiders, and fugitives from law enforcement. It has never been fully explored by any civilized authority.
|Silvenar Vale, Malabal Tor|
|Northwestern Malabal Tor, along the coast|
Tempest Island is a small island containing a group dungeon accessible from Malabal Tor. It has been invaded by the Maormer, who use it to hone their storm magic for a planned assault on the Valenwood coast. A group of Dominion soldiers led by Battlereeve Alduril needs your help defeating the Maormer invaders and their lamia allies. You can learn about its location from Turuk Redclaws outside Velyn Harbor, Vyric the White in Sentinel, or Strong-With-Tail in Windhelm.
- Tempest Island Objective: Join the expedition to conquer Tempest Island.
- Pledge: Tempest Island: Prove you are truly Undaunted by clearing Tempest Island.
- Various lamia
- Various types of Sea Vipers
- Storm Atronachs
- Sonolia the Matriarch, the leader of the lamia on Tempest Island
- Yalorasse the Speaker, a Maormer rogue
- Commodore Ohmanil, a Maormer commander
- Valaran Stormcaller, a Maormer storm mage
- Stormfist, a large storm atronach
- Stormreeve Neidir, the leader of the Maormer
|Set Name||Bonuses||Location(s)||Set Type|
2 items: Adds 12-1096 Maximum Magicka
|Tempest Island||Light Armor|
2 items: Adds 9-833 Weapon Critical
|Tempest Island||Medium Armor|
2 items: Adds 14-1206 Maximum Health
|Tempest Island||Heavy Armor|
1 item: Adds 1-129 Stamina Recovery
|Tempest Island||Monster Helm Sets|
There are several Achievements associated with this dungeon:
- Before dungeon scaling was introduced in Update 5, Tempest Island was designed for levels 34–37.