The Imperial Edition was the collector's edition of The Elder Scrolls: Online. It was included with additional exclusive content.
The physical version, only available by pre-ordering in retail, came with:
- A copy of the base game.
- A steelbook case.
- A map of Tamriel.
- A copy of The Improved Emperor's Guide to Tamriel.
- A 12" Molag Bal statue.
Both the physical and digital Imperial Editions unlocked the following exclusive digital content:
- The ability to play as an Imperial in any alliance.
- Access to the Imperial style in the Outfit System regardless of motif knowledge.
- An Imperial Horse mount.
- A Nibenay Mudcrab vanity pet.
- A Pledge of Mara.
- The Explorer's Pack and a pre-paid 30-day subscription, which were otherwise only available by pre-ordering.
- As of the introduction of Homestead with Update 13, it became a requirement in order to purchase the Strident Springs Demesne outside of Arenthia (1,280,000 ).
Several players who pre-ordered the digital Imperial Edition for PC/Mac also accidentally received a pet Rufous Mudcrab. Those who bought the Imperial Edition on Steam before 21 July, 2014 also received a Whiterun Wolfhound.
Originally available through the PC/Mac Store and Steam, the Digital Imperial Edition Upgrade can now only be purchased through the Crown Store. Crown Store upgrades act on a per-server basis; if you want to upgrade your Standard Edition on both servers, you will need to buy the upgrade twice. Additional Pledges of Mara can be bought separately in the Crown Store.
- Unlike the Crown Store upgrade, any Imperial Edition upgrades purchased from the PC/Mac Store or Steam were not server-bound and applied to all PC servers.
- PC/Mac players who copied their account to PS4 and Xbox One maintained their Imperial Edition status had they previously purchased it.