These loading screens appear when the game is loading.
- There are four elemental damage types: fire, frost, shock and poison.
- Deal enough fire damage to a target in a short time to set them On Fire.
- A target On Fire takes continuous fire damage and cannot regenerate Health.
- Deal enough frost damage to a target in a short time to Freeze them.
- A Frozen target is Slowed and cannot regenerate Stamina.
- A Slowed target attacks and blocks more slowly.
- Frost damage also reduces a target's Stamina. Use it against warriors to limit their Abilities.
- Deal enough shock damage to a target in a short time to Drain them.
- A Drained target cannot heal themselves or regenerate Magicka.
- Shock damage also reduces a target's Magicka. Use it against casters to limit their Spells.
- Deal enough poison damage to a target in a short time to Poison them.
- A Poisoned target takes continuous poison damage, and their maximum Health is reduced until the end of combat.
- There are three physical damage types: slashing, cleaving and bashing.
- Holding your weapon up can bait enemies into using defensive skills.
- Swipe down while your weapon is raised to cancel your attack.
- Press (Attack Cancel Button) while your weapon is raised to cancel your attack.
- Perform successive hits on an enemy to deal extra combo damage. This is easier with light weapons such as daggers.
- Daggers, hand axes and light hammers are fast and deal lots of bonus damage on combo attacks.
- Swords deal slashing damage. Axes deal cleaving damage. Maces and hammers deal bashing damage.
- Greatswords, battleaxes and warhammers deal high damage and brutal critical hits.
- Longswords, war axes and maces can be used with a shield, or held in two hands for bonus damage.
- Some pieces of armor have a lower Armor Rating, but provide additional protection against certain damage types.
- Some shields have a lower Block Rating, but provide additional protection against certain damage types.
- Out of combat, your Health does not regenerate on its own. If you are hurt, drink a potion or look for food.
- Broken weapons and armor are far less effective. Visit a blacksmith to have them repaired.
- Visit a blacksmith to sell or salvage unwanted weapons and armor. Selling can be a great source of gold, but salvaging provides valuable smithing materials.
- Visit a blacksmith to temper your weapons and armor. Tempering greatly increases effectiveness and durability.
- Precious stones like Rubies and Diamonds are used for advanced tempering. Look for them in chests.
- Getting hit while casting certain spells, like Fireball or Frostbite, will cancel the spell.
- Some spells, like Absorb and Wall of Fire, can be cast instantly and at any time, except when Paralyzed.
- Your town's Prestige increases with each shop and house you build. More construction options will unlock as your town's Prestige grows.
- An upgraded shop has a larger selection of goods for sale and more crafting options.
- Keep your eyes open for hidden triggers that reveal secret areas.
- Ancient Dragons are weak to slashing and shock damage, but resist cleaving and poison damage, as well as their breath's damage type.
- A Flame Atronach's claws slash and burn at the same time. Wear Daedric Mail against them as soon as you can.
- Flame Atronachs are weak to cleaving and frost damage, immune to fire and poison damage, and resist bashing damage.
- Frost Atronachs sharpen their arms to deal cleaving and frost damage, and the extreme cold of their Power Attack can Paralyze.
- Frost Atronachs are weak to slashing and fire damage, immune to frost and poison damage, and resist bashing damage.
- An Atronach's Health regenerates while protected by a storm armor spell. Destroy the armor as quickly as possible.
- Storm Atronachs use their stones to bash into opponents and deliver a serious shock.
- Storm Atronachs are weak to bashing damage and immune to shock and poison damage.
- Bandits are weak to poison damage, but resist frost and shock damage.
- Bears deal both slashing and bashing damage with their mighty paws.
- Bears are weak to slashing and shock damage, but resist bashing, frost, and poison damage.
- A Dragon's physical attacks deal both cleaving damage and their breath's damage type.
- Dragons are weak to slashing and frost damage, but resist cleaving, fire, and poison damage.
- Every Dremora's weapon deals additional fire damage.
- Dremora Raiders are weak to slashing and frost damage, but resist cleaving, fire, and poison damage.
- Dremora Warlocks are weak to slashing and frost damage, but resist cleaving, fire, and shock damage.
- A Goblin caster's staff is enchanted to deal fire damage as it bashes.
- Goblin casters are weak to bashing and frost damage, but resist fire and shock damage.
- All Goblin warriors are weak to bashing damage and resist poison damage, but additional weaknesses and resistances vary.
- Mercenaries are weak to poison damage, but resist cleaving, fire, and frost damage.
- Necromancer daggers are enchanted to also deal frost damage. Consider wearing Dwarven Mail Armor against them.
- Necromancers are weak to poison damage, but resist fire and frost damage.
- Nether Liches imbue their blades to deal additional poison damage.
- Nether Liches are weak to slashing and fire damage, but resist all other damage types.
- An Outcast's staff deals bashing and shock damage. Wear tempered Leather Armor for good protection.
- Outcasts are weak to cleaving and shock damage, but resist bashing, fire, and poison damage.
- Skeevers, Giant Skeevers, and Wolves have powerful, cleaving bites. Orcish Scale Armor resists cleaving damage well.
- A Venomfang Skeever's bite inflicts poison damage as it cleaves through flesh.
- Skeevers are weak to fire damage, but resist shock and poison damage.
- Skeletons are weak to bashing and shock damage, immune to poison damage, and resist slashing and fire damage.
- Spider strikes deal both cleaving and poison damage. Chitin Armor helps protect against poison damage.
- Spiders are weak to cleaving and frost damage, but resist slashing, shock, and poison damage.
- As Spriggans slash opponents with their sharp claws, they also deal poison damage.
- Spriggans are weak to cleaving and fire damage, but resist bashing, frost, and shock damage.
- Thalmor Agents infuse their sword attacks with shock damage. Glass Armor provides extra shock resistance.
- Thalmor Agents are weak to poison damage, but resist slashing, fire, and shock damage.
- Troll claws are pointed enough to deal slashing damage.
- Trolls are weak to bashing and fire damage, but resist slashing, frost, and shock damage.
- Warmasters are weak to cleaving and poison damage, but resist frost and shock damage.
- Wights are weak to cleaving and fire damage, but resist bashing, shock and poison damage.
- Wispmothers inflict slashing and frost damage, but Wisps only deal frost damage. Tempered Dwarven Mail will help against both.
- Wispmothers and Wisps are weak to fire damage, immune to frost damage, and resist poison and all physical damage.
- Wolves are weak to slashing and shock damage, but resist bashing, fire, and frost damage.
- During combat, tap on your Health bar to instantly open the Potions Menu and access your potions and poisons.
- During combat, press (Use Health Potion Button) to instantly open the Potions Menu and access your potions and poisons.
- You can change audio settings and toggle virtual joysticks in the Settings Menu.
- You can change audio settings and toggle motion controls in the Settings Menu.
- Volume for music and sound effects can be tweaked in the Settings Menu.
- To open the Tips Menu, tap the question mark icon at the bottom of the Side Menu.
- To open the Tips Menu, select the question mark icon at the bottom of the Side Menu.
When you die to a relevant enemy, you may get one of these tips[verification needed — exact conditions?]:
- Take fire resistance enchantments, potions of Resist Fire, and a frost-imbued weapon into battle against Flame Atronachs.
- Fire damage helps against Frost Atronachs, but high frost resistance, thanks to enchantments and Resist Frost potions, is essential.
- Against Storm Atronachs, combine a bashing weapon with high shock resistance from enchantments and Resist Shock potions.
- Use poison spells or a poison-enchanted weapon to take Bandits down quickly.
- Combining shock damage with an Aversion to Shock poison will make short work of a Bear's high Health.
- Come at Ancient Dragons with shock damage, Aversion to Shock poisons, and high fire and frost resistances.
- Dragons are best fought with high fire resistance, frost enchantments and spells, and Aversion to Frost poisons.
- Frost and poison resistance, as well as fire damage, are essential against Undead Dragons.
- Whether Raider or Warlock, frost weapons and spells, and high fire resistance, are effective against all Dremora.
- The Resist Elements spell is invaluable against Goblin casters, as is a weapon enchanted to damage Magicka.
- Frost damage is doubly effective against shielded Goblin warriors, as it greatly damages both their Health and Stamina.
- Inflict shock damage, enhanced by an Aversion to Shock poison, to quickly take down shieldless Goblin warriors.
- Use frost enchantments and spells against Giant Spiders, and make sure your poison resistance is high.
- Keep your shock and poison resistances high against Liches, and attack with a fire-enchanted weapon coated with Aversion to Fire poison.
- Boost your poison resistance, and enchant a weapon to deal fire or Magicka damage, before taking on Nether Liches.
- Mercenaries are especially vulnerable to poison damage, while Stamina damage and Vigor Poisons will limit their abilities.
- Protect yourself from a Necromancer's spells with high frost resistance, then inflict poison damage.
- Outcasts are weak to shock enchantments and spells, which will also drain their Magicka and limit their spellcasting.
- Skeletons are quick to block, but vulnerable to shock spells, which are fast and hard to predict.
- High poison resistance and a fire-enchanted weapon are essential when fighting Spriggans.
- The magic that animates statues can be most easily disrupted with shock-imbued weapons and shock spells.
- Against Thalmor, boost your fire and shock resistances with potions or the Resist Elements spell, then attack with poison damage.
- Kill trolls as fast as possible with a fire-enchanted weapon and fire spells, combined with Aversion to Fire and Healing Poisons.
- Restrict a Warmaster's abilities by dealing Stamina damage or use a poison-enchanted weapon to end the fight quickly.
- Fire-enchanted axes are great against Wights, but always keep Absorb or a Dodging Strike ready to counter their Power Attacks.
- Hit Wispmothers with as much fire damage as you can, and counter its frigid attacks with high frost resistance.
When dying in the Abyss, the message will read
- "The Daedra Lords are pleased..."
- "The Daedric gods are pleased"
When dying elsewhere, the message will read "Your death was inevitable..." followed by a quote from one of the Nine divines:
- "Be strong, and waver not, for the enemies of life are ever watchful, ready to punish negligence with swift and ruthless cruelty." –Arkay, Lord of the Wheel of Life
- "When in doubt, seek wisdom from the wise." –Julianos, God of Wisdom and Logic
- "Use Nature's gifts wisely. Respect her power, and fear her fury." –Kynareth, Goddess of Air
- "Live soberly and peacefully. Honor your parents, and preserve the peace and security of home and family." –Mara, the Mother-Goddess
|AcceptLegalDocuments||Please read and accept the legal documentation before proceeding.|
|AccountAlreadyLinkedToFirstParty||This account has already been linked. Please try again using a different account.|
|AccountAlreadyLinkedToFirstParty.Long||This account is already linked to a game service. To continue, please disconnect your account from the first-party service (e.g. GameCenter, Google Play Games) and try again.|
|AccountBanned||This account has been banished forever. Please contact Customer Support if you believe this was done in error.|
|AccountError||There is an issue with your account. Please visit the support site for more information.|
|AccountGuildNotAllowed||Your account does not allow access to Player Guilds. Visit the support site for more information.|
|AccountPvPNotAllowed||Your account does not allow access to Player-vs-Player combat. Visit the support site for more information.|
|AccountSuspended||Your account has been banished to Oblivion for now. Please visit the support site for more information.|
|AlreadyInAGuild||You are already in a guild. Leave the current guild before joining a new one.|
|AppStoreError||What in Oblivion? There is an issue with your request on the App Store. Please visit the support site for more information.|
|AuthenticationError||You're not on the list. To avoid going to the chopping block, please visit the support site for more information.|
|BNetError||Trouble connecting to Bethesda.Net after taking an arrow to the knee. Please visit the support site for more information.|
|BNetFriendError||There was an error completing your friend request. Please try again, or visit the support site for more information.|
|BNetIDError||There was an error connecting to Bethesda.Net. Please verify your credentials and try again, or visit the support site for more information.|
|BNetInvalidPassword||Invalid BNet username/password. Please try again.|
|BNetPassword||Password cannot be empty. Please enter a valid password and try again, or visit the support site for more information.|
|CannotBanSelf||You cannot ban yourself from a guild.|
|CharacterNameInappropriate||I will not speak that tongue. Please choose something more civil.|
|CharacterNameProblem||Has Mephala obscured your name? It is not recognized. Please try a different name.|
|CharacterNameTooLong||No one can remember a name that long. Please choose something shorter.|
|CharacterNameTooShort||It's hard to pronounce a name that has less than 3 letters. Please try a different name.|
|ConnectionError||You are unable to return to Tamriel. Please try again or visit the support site for more information.|
|CoppaNotAccepted||You need to be 13 years or older to register.|
|EmailAndConfirmationEmailDontMatch||Email and confirmation email don't match.|
|EmptyEmail||Please enter an email address.|
|EmptyPassword||Please enter a password.|
|EmptyUserName||Please enter a user name.|
|GameCenterError||Could not connect to Game Center. Verify your credentials and try again, or visit the support site for more information.|
|GameCenterRequestError||There was an error processing the requested Game Center action. Visit the support site for more information.|
|GenericError||By the Nine! Please visit the support site for more information.|
|GenericGuildError||There was an error processing your guild action. Please try again, or visit the support site for more information.|
|GLDMismatch||A Dragon Break is unwinding time and space: you have already played an updated version of the game on another device. Go back to play on that device, or download an update for this one if available.|
|GooglePlayError||Mundus is out of alignment, and you could not connect to Google Play. Please visit the support site for more information.|
|GooglePlayRequestError||What in Oblivion? There was an issue with your request on Google Play. Please visit the support site for more information.|
|GuildExchangeRequestedAmountReached||Requested amount has already been fulfilled.|
|GuildFull||You have reached the maximum number of players allowed for a guild. Please visit the support site for more information.|
|InvalidEmail||Please enter a valid email and try again.|
|InvalidPassword||Invalid username/password. Please try again.|
|InvalidUserID||Thalmor agents guarding do not recognize this name. Verify your log in information is correct, or visit the support site for more information.|
|InvalidUsername||Username invalid. Please try again using a different name.|
|LoginError||You are unable to return to Tamriel. Please try again or visit the support site for more information.|
|MarketError||Zenithar does not bless this trade. Please visit the support site for more information.|
|MarketNotAvailable||The market district is not open yet. Please try again later or visit the support site for more information.|
|MaxFriends||Mara blesses you, but you are unable to make any more commitments. Please visit the support site for more information.|
|MaxPendingFriendRequests||You must be blessed by Dibella, because you have hit your maximum number of friend requests. Please try again later.|
|MissingAccount||Hermaeus Mora has no knowledge of this user. Please visit the support site for more info on how to have him add it to the Oghma Infinium.|
|NameNotValid||Has Mephala obscured your name? It is not recognized. Please try a different name.|
|NintendoError||Could not connect to Nintendo. Please visit the support site for more information.|
|NintendoEshopError||What in Oblivion? There was an issue retrieving purchases from the Nintendo eShop. Please visit the support site for more information.|
|NotYourFriend||Friend ID does not appear in player's Friend List.|
|OfferNotAvailable||The Gray Fox has stolen this offer. Please visit the support site for information on how to get it back.|
|ReauthenticationRequired||The Thalmor are double-checking everyone's credentials. Please restart the application to re-authenticate them and be granted access.|
|ServerError||Mundus is not in order and Jyggalag needs time to restore it. Please visit the support site for more information.|
|TimeOut||Ran out of magicka trying to conjure a portal to Tamriel. Check your internet connection and try again, or visit the support site.|
|TooLowToJoinGuild||Your character's level is too low to join a guild. Please try again later.|
|TownNameInappropriate||Even Stendarr couldn't forgive a town with that kind of name. Please give your town a non-profane name.|
|TownNameTooLong||This town name could never fit on a map. Please choose a shorter name.|
|TownNameTooShort||Were you silenced by the Dark Brotherhood before finishing the name? This name is too short.|
|UnexpectedError.Restart||An unexpected error has occurred. Restart the game from the launcher.|
|UpdateRequired||Blessings from Akatosh! A new version of the game is available. Please update to continue playing.|
|UsernameTaken||The Dark Brotherhood have a contract on this name. Please choose another.|