- The Ayleid ruins of Dwynnarth that grin down from the bluffs above Hag Fen were plundered and emptied out generations ago. But it seems there are forgotten mine tunnels beneath the lowest levels of Dwynnarth that might not be quite so empty.
Spindleclutch I is a group dungeon found in northern Glenumbra. The cave is infested with spiders, although something more sinister lurks within. In the normal version, Praxin Douare wants your help clearing the cave of spiders and other possible threats.
You can learn about its location from Mindil the Untested in Vulkhel Guard, Mighty Mordra in Daggerfall, or Roaring Ramavel in Davon's Watch.
Its dungeon sets are Knightmare, Prayer Shawl, and Spelunker.
- Swarm Mother, a spider queen responsible for the spider infestation
- The Whisperer, a Spider Daedra responsible for driving the Fighters Guild members insane
There are several Achievements associated with this dungeon:
- Before dungeon scaling was introduced in Update 5, Normal Spindleclutch was designed for 12–15, and Veteran Spindleclutch was designed for 1–5.
- Prior to Update 12, Spindleclutch I was only available in Normal mode, and Spindleclutch II was only available in Veteran mode. These were named Spindleclutch and Veteran Spindleclutch respectively.
- Mike Finnagan, Dungeon Lead for ESO, revealed on 23rd June 2016 that there was a standing joke relating to this dungeon among the Dungeon Team. He said, "When developing Spindleclutch, everytime we would mention the name we would make this high pitched hair metal screech of the name and play air guitar. It became this kind of running gag with the dungeon team. It got to the point that we went to Bethesda and asked if we could make shirts for our team so, everyone on the team at the time has a shirt with a stylized Spindleclutch (like an 80s Hair Metal band concert shirt) logo and the teams birthdate and places on the back made to look like tour dates".