|This article could benefit from an image of:
See Help:Images for information on how to upload images. Please remove this template from the page when finished.
- Crystal Shard: Conjure dark crystals to bombard an enemy, dealing [6365 / 6434 / 6504 / 6574] Magic Damage. Your next non-Ultimate ability cast within 3 seconds costs 10% less.
- Crystal Weapon: Casting Time: Instant, Cost: 2295 Stamina, Duration: 6 seconds, Target: Self.
Encase your weapon in dark crystals for 6 seconds, causing your next two Light or Heavy Attacks to deal additional damage and reduce the target's Armor by [700 / 800 / 900 / 1000] for 5 seconds. The first hit deals 5716 Physical Damage and the second deals 2286 Physical Damage. After casting, your next non-Ultimate ability used within 3 seconds costs 10% less.
- Crystal Fragments: Conjure dark crystals to bombard an enemy, dealing [6574 / 6646 / 6718 / 6791] Magic Damage. Your next non-Ultimate ability cast within 3 seconds costs 10% less. While slotted casting a Health, Magicka, or Stamina ability has a 33% chance of causing your next Crystal Fragments to be instant, deal 66% more damage, and cost 50% less Magicka.
Crystal Shard will deal Magic Damage to a target and reduces the cost of your next non-Ultimate ability. Crystal Weapon converts the skill to Stamina, removes the casting delay, causes your next two light or heavy attacks to do more damage, and reduces the target's armor. With the Crystal Fragments morph, casting any other Health, Magicka, or Stamina-based spell has a chance to increase the damage and reduce the casting cost by half as well as removing the casting delay so it can be cast instantly.
- Enemies won't become aware of your presence until this spell hits.
- With Crystal Fragments, there is a sound when the instant, half-cost cast becomes available. You should learn to recognize this sound so you know when the ideal time to cast will be. You will also know that a cast is ready because your hands will have a blue glow around them.
- Prior to Update 27, Crystal Weapon was called Crystal Blast. It stunned the target and dealt additional Area Effect damage.
- Prior to Update 27, Crystal Fragments' effect only procced off of Magicka-based abilities and couldn't proc off of itself.
Crystal Blast before it was replaced with Crystal Weapon
- Crystal Blast: Increased this ability's area-of-effect damage.
- Crystal Fragments: The sound and visual effects that indicate this ability can be cast instantly are more noticeable.
- Crystal Blast: Fixed a graphical issue that would occur when the Crystal Blast projectile was dodged.
- Reduced the cast time on all ranks and morphs to 1 second from 1.3 seconds.
- Fixed an issue with the impact timing with this ability.
- Crystal Shards and its morphs will now show the correct icon in the death recap screen.
- Crystal Fragments (morph): Fixed an issue where this morph was applying multiple passives each time it was cast. We also fixed an additional issue where this ability's instant cast wasn't proccing when casting Bolt Escape.
- Drain Essence: Fixed an issue where you could spam this ability on immune targets for free Crystal Fragments procs.
- Crystal Fragments: It is no longer possible for this ability's damage bonus to proc multiple times in a row and stack.
- Crystal Blast: Increased the secondary splash damage of this morph by 25%.
- Crystal Fragments (Crystal Shard morph): Reduced the damage bonus of this morph's instant-cast proc to 10% from 20%.
- Developer Comments: Sorcerer's sustained damage in PvE and burst damage in PvP is currently too high, so reducing the damage bonus from Crystal Fragments brings them down slightly in both areas without being too punishing to the overall damage kit.
- This ability and the Crystal Fragments morph no longer stun the enemy hit. The Crystal Blast morph continues to stun the initial enemy hit.
- Developer Notes: We wanted to separate the function of abilities into more distinct roles. Crystal Shards was overloaded since it had high damage, instant cast, stun, reduced cost. Now if the sorcerer wants a stun they have to either go through a cast time or deal reduced damage.
- Crystal Blast: Increased the splash damage of this morph by approximately 25%.
- Developer Notes: We wanted to make this morph worth the time spent casting, so we're increasing the area of effect damage to make it worth the risk of throwing into a pack of enemies.
- Crystal Fragments:
- The icon on your action bar now changes when you have an instant-cast proc.
- Fixed an issue where using the instant-cast proc would cause you to stop blocking, and would prevent you from taking other actions for 0.2 seconds.
- Increased the damage of the proc from this ability to 20% from 10%.
- This ability’s proc now has a very brief minimum travel time before it hits your target.
- You can no longer get a Crystal Fragment proc while you are not actively engaged in combat.
- Reduced the cost of this ability and its morphs by approximately 15% to put it in line with our other cast time abilities.
- Reduced the minimum travel time on this ability and its morphs to 250ms from 450ms.
- Decreased the base cost of this ability and its morphs to 2970 from 3510, and decreased the damage by approximately 10%.
- Crystal Blast: The AoE portion of this ability now deals the same damage as the initial hit.
- Crystal Fragments: Increased the bonus damage dealt of the proc from this ability to 33% from 20% to retain the damage of this proc.
- Reduced the cast time of this ability and its morphs to 800ms, down from 1 second.
- Reduced the damage done from these abilities by approximately 21%.
- Reduced the cost to 2700, down from 2970.
- These abilities have a new affix, where after successfully casting, your next non-Ultimate ability used within 3 seconds costs 10% less.
- Crystal Fragments (morph):
- This ability can now proc off itself.
- Slightly reduced the damage done from the special proc (< 1%).
- Introduced a safety window after activating the special proc to help avoid immediately queueing the base version’s cast right after.
- Crystal Blast (morph): This ability has been reworked into a Stamina morph, and renamed to Crystal Weapon. It is now an instant-cast ability that causes your next Light or Heavy Attack made within 4 seconds to deal additional damage, equal to the standard spammable amount such as Lava Whip or Veiled Strike. Enemies hit by this ability will their armor reduced by up to 1000.
- Reduced the damage of this ability and the Crystal Fragments morph by approximately 2% to match the proper ranged cast time standard.
- Crystal Weapon (morph): This ability will now replace Imbue Weapon or its morphs after casting, to help reduce the amount of burst potential it can offer with singular moments.
- Crystal Fragments (morph):
- This morph now activates off any non-Ultimate active ability cast, rather than only Magicka costing abilities.
- Reduced the proc chance to 33%, down from 35%.
- Crystal Weapon (morph): This morph now causes your next two Light or Heavy Attacks to deal bonus damage, up from 1. There is a small cooldown on this to avoid the ability to instantly proc both, though!
- Crystal Weapon (morph):
- Reduced the damage of this ability so that it now does 145% of a ranged spammable attack between both attacks, rather than 200% of a melee spammable. This damage reduction was taken out of the second hit rather than both, to help reduce situations where you are penalized for missing the 2nd part of the attack.
- Reduced the cost to 2983, down from 3443, to make up for the above adjustments.
- This ability now removes stealth and invisibility after casting.
- Developer Comment: In the previous Update, we wanted to help reinforce the uniqueness of this morph by giving Sorcerers the ability to change their rotation by have a spammable that persists through other ability activates. While we succeeded in this, not adjusting the damage of the morph caused it to spiral out of control in terms of raw DPS and burst potential. After spending a lot of time and testing, we believe we've hit the sweet spot where the morph brings something unique and powerful, without being too over the top.