|This article could benefit from an image.
See Help:Images for information on how to upload images. Please remove this template from the page when finished.
|Line Rank||4||Cost||4050 Magicka|
|Cast Time||Instant||Duration||4.5 seconds|
Deals damage when effect ends.
Gain Major Vitality, increasing healing received.
- Encase: Cost: [4320 / 4230 / 4140 / 4050] Magicka.
Call Daedric shards from the earth to immobilize enemies in front of you for 4.5 seconds. This ability cannot be blocked.
- Shattering Prison: Cost: 4051 Magicka.
Call Daedric shards from the earth to immobilize enemies in front of you for 4.5 seconds. The shards deal [2615 / 2644 / 2673 / 2699] Magic Damage when the effect ends. This ability cannot be blocked.
- Restraining Prison: Cost: 4051 Magicka, Duration: [4.5 / 5 / 5.5 / 6] seconds.
Call Daedric shards from the earth to immobilize enemies in front of you for [4.5 / 5 / 5.5 / 6] seconds. Gain Major Vitality for 2 seconds plus 1 second per enemy in the area, up to 6. This ability cannot be blocked.
Encase will immobilize all enemies within its range. Affected targets may still attack and defend, but they are rooted to their spot for the duration of the effect. Thus it is most effectively used against melee targets, as enemies with ranged attacks don't generally move much anyhow. It can also be used as an escape tactic to hold enemies down while you retreat to a safe distance. Note however that the affected area is in front of you. Enemies who are behind you or on either side may not be affected. Shattering Prison deals Magic Damage to the target when the effect ends, while Restraining Prison will reduce their movement speed instead.
- Flying enemies are generally immune to this spell.
- Other players can escape via a roll dodge, but it can be reapplied after they're freed.
- Restraining Prison is a recommended morph for the Sorcerer Initiate and War Mage builds.