The UESPWiki – Your source for The Elder Scrolls since 1995
|This article could benefit from an image.
See Help:Images for information on how to upload images. Please remove this template from the page when finished.
|Line Rank||4||Cost||4050 Magicka|
|Cast Time||Instant||Duration||4 seconds|
Deals damage when effect ends.
Gain Major Vitality, increasing healing received. Increases immobilize duration as the ability ranks up.
- Encase: Cost: [4320 / 4230 / 4140 / 4050] Magicka.
Call forth Daedric shards from the earth to immobilize enemies in front of you for 4 seconds. If no enemies are immobilized, you restore 2851 Magicka.
- Shattering Prison: Call forth Daedric shards from the earth to immobilize enemies in front of you for 4 seconds. The shards deal [2326 / 2352 / 2377 / 2401] Magic Damage when the effect ends. If no enemies are immobilized, you restore 2673 Magicka.
- Restraining Prison: Duration: [4 / 4.7 / 5.3 / 6] seconds.
Call forth Daedric shards from the earth to immobilize enemies in front of you for [4 / 4.7 / 5.3 / 6] seconds. If no enemies are immobilized, you restore 2673 Magicka. Hitting an enemy grants you Major Vitality, increasing your healing received by 16% for 2 seconds plus 1 extra second per enemy in the area, up to a maximum of 6 enemies.
Encase will immobilize all enemies within its range. Affected targets may still attack and defend, but they are rooted to their spot for the duration of the effect. Thus it is most effectively used against melee targets, as enemies with ranged attacks don't generally move much anyhow. It can also be used as an escape tactic to hold enemies down while you retreat to a safe distance. Note however that the affected area is in front of you. Enemies who are behind you or on either side may not be affected. Shattering Prison deals Magic Damage to the target when the effect ends, while Restraining Prison will reduce their movement speed instead and increase your healing received.
- This ability has no effect on enemies that are immune to immobilization (e.g., bossess and flying enemies).
- Other players can escape via a roll dodge, but it can be reapplied after they're freed.
- Restraining Prison is a recommended morph for the Sorcerer Initiate and War Mage builds.
- Restraining Prison: When this ability is removed from one player character, it no longer removes the graphics from your other targets.
- Restraining Prison: The tooltip for this ability now lists the snare duration.
- Reduced the cost of this ability by 15%. Each additional rank of the ability increases the cost reduction slightly.
- Reduced the cost of the morphs of this ability to match the lowest cost tier for the base ability.
- Reduced the cost of this ability and its morphs by approximately 6%.
- Restraining Prison: This morph no longer snares enemies. Instead, it now gives Major Vitality for 2 seconds, plus 1 second per enemy in the area.
- Reduced the duration of the Immobilize from this ability and its morphs to 4 seconds from 4.5 seconds.
- Shattering Prison (morph): Increased the damage of the explosion by approximately 82% to put in on par with other AoE instant hit abilities, such as Cleave or Impulse.