|This article could benefit from an image.
See Help:Images for information on how to upload images. Please remove this template from the page when finished.
|Line Rank||1||Cost||2430 Magicka|
|Range||28 meters||Area||4 meters|
Increases the damage dealt to other enemies nearby.
Restores Magicka if the target dies after this ability dealt damage to them.
- Mages' Fury: Call down lightning to strike an enemy, dealing [1123 / 1134 / 1146 / 1159] Shock Damage. If the enemy falls to or below 20% Health within 4 seconds of being struck, an explosion deals an additional [4125 / 4173 / 4217 / 4263] Shock Damage to them and [897 / 905 / 915 / 928] Shock Damage to other enemies nearby.
- Mages' Wrath: Call down lightning to strike an enemy, dealing 1161 Shock Damage. If the enemy falls to or below 20% Health within 4 seconds of being struck, an explosion deals an additional 4263 Shock Damage to them and [1861 / 1881 / 1903 / 1922] Shock Damage to other enemies nearby.
- Endless Fury: Call down lightning to strike an enemy, dealing 1161 Shock Damage. If the enemy falls to or below 20% Health within 4 seconds of being struck, an explosion deals an additional 4263 Shock Damage to them and 930 Shock Damage to other enemies nearby. If any enemy is killed within 5 seconds of being hit with this ability, you restore [2430 / 3240 / 4050 / 4860] Magicka.
Mages' Fury calls down a bolt of lightning which deals Shock Damage to a single opponent. If the target is below 20% Health, it will deal a much greater amount of damage, as well as a small amount of splash damage to any enemies near them. Its quick casting speed and low cost make it an effective starter spell, and it is good for finishing off already-weakened opponents, but its initial damage may be too low except as a finisher. In this circumstance it is very useful for the last portion of boss fights. The Mages' Wrath morph increases its splash damage. Alternatively, Endless Fury returns Magicka provided it is the killing blow.
- One benefit of this spell over some others in the Sorcerer's arsenal is that it is instant-cast so it will not miss. So you're less likely to waste Magicka casting it at nothing or be stuck casting when you need to do something else.
- It is very useful to have this skill available to deal with larger boss fights, due to the extra damage to low-Health opponents. Having on your alternate weapon tab can mitigate the loss of that slot on your main weapon tab, since it isn't particularly effective until the end of the battle.
- Mages' Wrath is a recommended morph for the Sorcerer Initiate and Elemental Arcanist builds.