The UESPWiki – Your source for The Elder Scrolls since 1995
|This article could benefit from an image.
See Help:Images for information on how to upload images. Please remove this template from the page when finished.
|Line Rank||1||Cost||2430 Magicka|
|Range||28 meters||Area||4 meters|
Significantly increases the damage dealt to other enemies nearby.
Reduces the cost and restores Magicka if the target dies after this ability dealt damage to them.
- Mages' Fury: Call down lightning to strike an enemy, dealing [1122 / 1133 / 1147 / 1157] Shock Damage. If the enemy falls to or below 20% Health within 4 seconds of being struck, an explosion deals an additional [4125 / 4173 / 4218 / 4262] Shock Damage to them and [898 / 908 / 916 / 929] Shock Damage to other enemies nearby.
- Mages' Wrath: Call down lightning to strike an enemy, dealing 1163 Shock Damage. If the enemy falls to or below 20% Health within 4 seconds of being struck, an explosion deals an additional 4263 Shock Damage to them and all nearby enemies.
- Endless Fury: Cost: 2160 Magicka.
Call down lightning to strike an enemy, dealing 1163 Shock Damage. If the enemy falls to or below 20% Health within 4 seconds of being struck, an explosion deals an additional 4263 Shock Damage to them and 931 Shock Damage to other enemies nearby. If any enemy is killed within 5 seconds of being hit with this ability, you restore [2430 / 3240 / 4050 / 4860] Magicka.
Mages' Fury calls down a bolt of lightning which deals Shock Damage to a single opponent. If the target is below 20% Health, it will deal a much greater amount of damage, as well as a small amount of splash damage to any enemies near them. Its quick casting speed and low cost make it an effective starter spell, and it is good for finishing off already-weakened opponents, but its initial damage may be too low except as a finisher. In this circumstance it is very useful for the last portion of boss fights. The Mages' Wrath morph increases its splash damage. Alternatively, Endless Fury returns Magicka provided it is the killing blow.
- One benefit of this spell over some others in the Sorcerer's arsenal is that it is instant-cast so it will not miss. So you're less likely to waste Magicka casting it at nothing or be stuck casting when you need to do something else.
- It is very useful to have this skill available to deal with larger boss fights, due to the extra damage to low-Health opponents. Having on your alternate weapon tab can mitigate the loss of that slot on your main weapon tab, since it isn't particularly effective until the end of the battle.
- Mages' Wrath is a recommended morph for the Sorcerer Initiate and Elemental Arcanist builds.
- Endless Fury: This ability now restores magicka if the secondary explosion kills an enemy, in addition to the initial bolt.
- Endless Fury: Fixed an issue where this ability was not properly restoring magicka when it landed the killing blow on an enemy.
- This ability's explosion can no longer be reflected.
- Endless Fury: Increased the base value of the magicka regeneration by 25%. Fixed an issue where this ability was exploding multiple times; it is no longer endless!
- This ability and its morphs will now be more responsive when proccing their execute damage explosion.
- This ability and its morphs now proc their execute damage explosion when the target is at or below 20% Health, instead of only below 20% Health.
- This ability and its morphs have had some minor visual FX improvements made and bugs fixed.
- Fixed an issue where multiple players could not maintain the execute explosion debuff on the same target.
- Fixed an issue where dodging this ability and its morphs would still apply the execute explosion debuff to you.
- Fixed an issue where Mages' Fury and its morphs could be cast – with no actual damage – when out of Magicka.
- Fixed an issue where this ability could be cast on corpses.
- Fixed an issue where the execute explosion would sometimes not trigger correctly when the target fell below 20% Health.
- Fixed an issue where casting this ability would aggro monsters before actually dealing damage.
- Fixed an issue where you could cast this ability on a target you did not have line of sight on.
- Fixed an issue where using this ability was not counting towards the Expert Mage passive.
- Mages' Wrath (morph):
- Increased the damage of the Area of Effect damage of this ability and its morphs by 20% to put it on par with our other executes.
- Fixed an issue where this ability's detonation was able to be dodged, despite the initial hit also being able to be dodged. Now if the initial hit lands on the target, they will not be able to dodge the detonation.
- Endless Fury (morph): This ability now returns Magicka if the target died within 5 seconds of taking damage, rather than only if this ability gained the killing blow. Also increased the amount of Magicka return by approximately 10%.