|Line Rank||1||Cost||2295 Magicka|
Converts to a Stamina ability. If cast behind the target, reduces their Physical Resistance.
While slotted, your Movement Speed while Sneaking or invisible is increased.
- Veiled Strike: Slash an enemy, dealing [3001 / 3034 / 3065 / 3098] Magic Damage. Attacking with Veiled Strike from the flank stuns the enemy for 3 seconds and sets them Off Balance.
- Surprise Attack: Cost: 2295 Stamina.
Slash an enemy, dealing 3103 Physical Damage. If you are flanking the enemy, shred through a small portion of their armor, reducing their by [2 / 3 / 4 / 5]% for 8 seconds. Attacking with Surprise Attack from the flank stuns the enemy for 3 seconds and sets them Off Balance.
- Concealed Weapon: Slash an enemy, dealing 3098 Magic Damage. Attacking with Concealed Weapon from the flank stuns the enemy for 3 seconds and sets them Off Balance. While slotted, your Movement Speed while Sneaking or invisible is increased by [22 / 23 / 24 / 25]%.
Veiled Strike deals Magic Damage to a single opponent, and causes them to become off balanced and stunned if you are invisible or in stealth mode. Its range is slightly greater than that of a melee attack, affording you a better chance of getting the stealth bonus without being detected. The Concealed Weapon morph increases your movement speed while stealthed or invisible, giving you an even greater chance of getting close enough without being seen. Alternatively, the Surprise Attack morph changes it to a Stamina cost, deals Physical Damage, and will reduce the enemy's armor, causing your subsequent attacks to do more damage.
- As a stealth-based skill, it may be difficult to use while you are in a group or in an area where there are other players around, as many players tend to charge in and spoil the surprise. One way to counteract that is to use abilities such as Shadow Cloak or Consuming Darkness that can grant invisibility, allowing you to get the full benefit from Veiled Strike. You can also craft potions to give yourself the invisibility effect.
- Concealed Weapon is a good morph for mobility. When combined with Dark Stalker, Shadow Cloak, and Cripple (on a target) it becomes a great escape maneuver.
- Concealed Weapon is a recommended morph for the Nightblade Initiate build, while Surprise Attack is recommended for Umbral Assassin.