This article is about the NPC. For the set, see Balorgh (set).
|Location||March of Sacrifices|
|Reaction||Friendly → Hostile|
|Faction(s)||Moon Hunter Pack|
Balorgh is an Orc werewolf Behemoth who can be found in the March of Sacrifices. He is the leader of one of the groups that are competing in Hircine's Great Hunt. Strangely, he does not seem to hold the Daedric Prince in much esteem but he is willing to play along out of necessity. According to a letter, he was originally entrusted with a mission by Vykosa to infiltrate the Hunting Grounds but some of his fellow pack-members worry that Balorgh is now pursuing his own goals.
Balorgh will watch your progress throughout the various parts of the March. After Tarcyr is killed, he will ambush your group, killing Hanu to take the heart for himself. Hircine denies his request for the boon as he didn't kill Tarcyr, and Balorgh negotiates that killing your group will be enough to earn the boon. At the end of the Nightlands, he transforms into a Werewolf Behemoth and serves as the final boss. Burning the Moon Hunter Pack banner will activate hardmode.
- The Great Hunt: Conquer the March of Sacrifices and emerge victorious in the Great Hunt.
Skills and Abilities
As a boss type enemy, Balorgh is immune to all forms of crowd control effects.
- A basic melee attack that deals minor physical damage.
- The boss bites its target dealing moderate physical damage, followed by minor physical damage over time.
- Slaughtering Strike
- The boss slashes at a target dealing very high physical damage. This must be blocked by the tank or dodged if you are not.
- Icy Roar
- The boss shouts dealing high frost damage over time and rooting all targets hit in front of itself as indicated by a red cone.
- Fiery Charge
- The boss charges forward dealing high flame damage and knocking down all targets as indicated by a red rectangle.
- Fire Trail
- The boss leaves behind a trail of fire when charging that deals moderate flame damage over time as indicated by red circles.
- Fiery Eruption
- The boss stomps dealing very high flame damage around itself as indicated by a red circle. This must be avoided at all costs.
- Venomous Spores
- After Thunder Stomp ends, the boss summons poisonous plants that will cover the three islands with poisonous AOEs dealing moderate poison damage as indicated by red circles. Stay off the islands to avoid this.
- Thunder Stomp
- After the plants disappear, the boss will stomp releasing lightning outwards from itself dealing moderate shock damage and staggering all players hit (Thundering Fissure). The water around the islands will also be electrified (Charged Water) dealing moderate shock damage over time. Stay on the islands to avoid this, while also moving to avoid the lightning strikes that occasionally spawn on top of the player as indicated by red circles (Thunder Storm).
Hunting Party Phase
At 80, 60, 40 and 20% health, the boss will become invulnerable and fog will cover the screen.
- Summon Dire Wolf
- The boss summons Dire Wolves to attack the party. They should be killed quickly to simplify the fight.
- Slaughtering Strike
- The boss will target a specific player as indicated by a red target indicator under their feet. If the boss (or his clones on HM) reach their target, they will use a stronger version of the heavy attack from earlier that will deal lethal damage. This must be dodged if possible.
Tharas will set a trap for Balorgh that is indicated by a bright blue pillar. The player targeted must rush over to the pillar to lure the boss into the trap. Once the trap is sprung, the boss will be stunned and made vulnerable again, and the fight repeats.
Hard Mode changes
- Summon Strangler
- When Venomous Spore is cast, Stranglers will also appear in the water spitting poison at you. Kill them quickly. If you are grappled by one, break free immediately.
- Fiery Remnant
- On hard mode, Fiery Eruption will spawn four fireballs that shoot towards all group members after the stomp is cast dealing moderate flame damage, followed by moderate flame damage over time. Roll dodge to avoid this if possible.
- Summon Clones
- When the Hunting Party phase starts, three additional copies of the boss will appear, and they will all have the Fiery Charge, Fiery Eruption and Fiery Remnant abilities. Venomous Spores andThunder Stomp will also be used, so be prepared to stay on or off the islands while luring the boss to the trap. It is advised all players stay together so healers can keep the group alive through the various incoming DOTs during the phase. The party will need to trap the boss a total of four times before the Hunting Party phase will end (one for each of his copies and one for the main boss).
The Great Hunt
Upon entering the March of Sacrifices, you'll witness the following scene:
- Hircine: "My boon shall be given to the hunter who brings me the heart of Tarcyr. But know this. Only the strong survive my March of Sacrifices."
- Balorgh: "Yeah, yeah, you walking flank steak. We get it."
- Foral: "You would do well not to mock the Huntsman in his own realm, leaf-eater."
- Balorgh: "That so? Well, I'd worry more about yourself and less about your precious Prince, runt."
After which, you'll be able to speak to him directly:
- "Well, well, well. Looks like another hunter has entered into the competition. Though I suppose a boon from Hircine himself would bring in a big crowd.
- I'm just not sure why you're coming around for a little chat."
- What do you mean?
- "This Great Hunt isn't going to be a Sundas stroll, that's all.
- I wouldn't waste my time getting friendly with the competition, if I were you. It's not like that tusking stag up there is going to care if we play dirty."
- You don't seem to have a high opinion of Hircine.
- "Balorgh kneels for no one, be they Divine or Daedric Prince.
- I'm here for one thing, and that's power. If I have to play Hircine's little game to get that? So be it. But I won't be kissing his hairy arse along the way."
When you fall into a hole and find yourself trapped with Aghaedh of the Solstice, Balorgh reveals himself to have been watching your progress.
- Balorgh: "Took a bit of a tumble, huh?"
- Hanu: "Come on, we have to follow that wisp!"
- <Balorgh appears>
- Balorgh: "That creature you're chasing looks mighty useful. Want to give your old pal Balorgh a turn with it?"
- Hanu: "What, team up with you? Just so you can shove a dagger in my back?"
- Balorgh: "Ha! Don't you know? It's hunt or be hunted within the March of Sacrifices! And I've already picked up your scent, lass."
Once Tarcyr is dead and his heart is retrieved, Balorgh will ambush the group with his fellow pack mates and take the heart for himself.
- Balorgh: "Did you really think victory would be so easy?"
- <Balorgh grabs Hanu using telekinesis, dragging her to the top of the ledge he's standing on.>
- "I told you, lass. Here, it's hunt … or be hunted."
- <Balorgh kills Hanu, and her corpse drops onto the ground below.>
- Tharas: "Hanu! No!"
While hunting down Balorgh, you will hear him have a conversation with Hircine.
- Balorgh: "What do you mean? I've brought you the heart!"
- Hircine: "Yes, but you were not the one to hunt my Hare. Why should I grant you this favor?"
- Balorgh: "You want a hunt? Fine! I'll hunt down the ones who killed that beast in the first place!"
- Hircine: "Intriguing. Very well. Bring me their hearts, and the boon is yours."
When he is finally tracked down, he will transform into his werewolf behemoth form.
- Balorgh: "So kind of you to pay me a visit. Saves me the trouble of hunting you down!"
- <Balorgh transforms into a massive werewolf.>
Idling before combat:
- Balorgh: "Come now, it's time to finish this little competition!"
- Balorgh: "Scared? Ha! You should be."
- Balorgh: "All I need to do is rip out your heart. Should be easy enough!"
- Balorgh: "I hope you enjoy the Hunting Grounds, because you're about to spend eternity here."
- Balorgh: "Hircine may not have given me power yet, but I can still defeat you!"
- Balorgh: "Soon, I'll have the power I crave. Then no one will dare stand in my way!"
Engaging in combat:
- Balorgh: "Hircine's boon shall be mine!"
- Balorgh: "Time to rip out those hearts!"
- Balorgh: "Let's finish this hunt!"
- Balorgh: "Make sure to give Hircine a good show now!"
Throughout the fight he will say various things.
- Balorgh: "I'll trample you flat!"
- Balorgh: "I'll crush you all!"
- Balorgh: "My might will crush you!"
- Balorgh: "I'll crush you underfoot!"
- Balorgh: "You'll fall beneath my feet!"
[verification needed — when does he say those 3 groups of dialogue?]
During his fire attack:
- Balorgh: "Feel my flames!"
- Balorgh: "I'll burn you to a crisp!"
During his venom attack:
- Balorgh: "Feel venom's sting!"
- Balorgh: "I'll choke you all out!"
During his lightning attack:
- Balorgh: "A storm's fury is mine to wield!"
- Balorgh: "Even lightning obeys me now!"
- Fog phase - When it starts.
- Balorgh: "I always hunt better in the dark!"
- Balorgh: "I'll hunt you down within the darkness!"
- Balorgh: "It's time for my dark hunt to begin!"
- Fog phase - Balorgh gets trapped.
- Balorgh: "Your feeble tricks won't stop me!"
- Balorgh: "How dare you use such petty tricks!"
- Balorgh: "You think you can trap me?"
- Fog phase - Balorgh tracking down group members
- Balorgh: "I'll shred you to pieces!"
- Balorgh: "Feel my claws!"
- Balorgh: "I'll tear you to shreds!"