- 1 Teegla
- 2 slave lvls?
- 3 S'Bakha Bug
- 4 Freeing slaves when an outlaw
- 5 Possible to free slaves in Galom Daeus?
- 6 Vampire cattle/slaves
- 7 'Fast Travel' and 'Freeing' questions
- 8 Faction
- 9 Abebaal Egg Mine
- 10 Closest is in..?
- 11 Impossible to free the slaves after Main Quest?
- 12 Create Individual Pages For The Slaves?
- 13 Ministry of Truth slaves
- 14 Why is the slave list empty???
- 15 Utadeek in the Madrach Trade House, Gnisis
Teegla in The Lizard's Head (Telvanni Waistworks) is not freed by Eldrar Fathyron's Telvanni Canalworks Slave Key. I haven't been able to find a key for Teegla yet. 22.214.171.124 00:57, 10 January 2008 (EST)
- Sorry, I forgot to sign in. That last post was by me. Jihiro 00:58, 10 January 2008 (EST)
- Slave keys function by location, rather than on a person-by-person basis. Thus, in order to free Teegla, you will have to move her to another location where you have a key. Fortunately, in this case, it's not a long walk. Just cast Command Humanoid on her, and drag her out to the Canalworks where the other Vivec slaves are/were. Then you can free her with the same key you used to free them. A bit of an annoyance, but not nearly as much trouble as freeing the slaves in Molag Mar or Sadrith Mora. See this page for a list of the nearest locations for them. --TheRealLurlock Talk 01:42, 10 January 2008 (EST)
- "Another way to free a slave is to cast Disintegrate Armor then cast Calm Humanoid then talk to them, the go free option will work."
- I tried this on slaves from various locations, some whom said "You must find the key" and others who said "No, there is no escape", and it doesn't work. The slave bracer is destroyed and the slave doesn't wear it anymore, but the "go free" option still doesn't work. This may be part of a mod rather than a feature in game. — Unsigned comment by 126.96.36.199 (talk)
Command Humanoid: Make the target fight for you for D seconds, where M stands for the targets level. from what i have seen all slaves are lvl 1, so if i make a spell or enchant all i have to worry about is the time factor? — Unsigned comment by Hortator (talk • contribs)
- Not necessarily true. They're all low-level to be sure, and yes, the majority of them are level 1, but there are many at level 2-3, and several higher than that. Gah-Julan is level 12, theh highest of any slave. --TheRealLurlock Talk 10:16, 29 July 2008 (EDT)
I have while playing on my xbox met a problem when trying to by the slave S'Bakha in Tel Ahrun. Every time I by him and leaves the dialog with the slavedealer, the game "hang up", stand still, and I have to restart the xbox. If this is a common problem I might should add it to S'Bakha. -Goblin lair 13:02, 29 July 2008 (EDT)
So my question is: Is it a common problem? -Goblin lair 18:15, 4 August 2008
- Doesn't look like it. I think you can assume that if nobody has responded, nobody has encountered that problem, so it's probably specific to your game. For the record, I play the GotY version on PC, and I've managed to purchase all of the slaves at Tel Aruhn with no problem. --Gaebrial 05:22, 6 August 2008 (EDT)
- This happened to me as well. Try speaking to the slavemistress about other slaves first, or possibly buying one from her. The game froze for me when I was trying to buy S'Bakha first, but not when I had already bought the others. It was just trial and error. —Cavanoskus 23:00, 25 July 2010 (UTC)
Freeing slaves when an outlaw
Is it impossible to free slaves when you are an outlaw? I could not free Addamasartus slaves even with the key. Is is because I am an outlaw? — Unsigned comment by 188.8.131.52 (talk) on 16 November 2008
- I believe it is quite possible. I am not 100% sure at this moment, but I will check it out soon. Maybe it's a glitch/bug. Have you tried it with a different character? --Playjex 22:30, 15 November 2008 (EST)
- Verified, sort of. The greetings that check your crime level are in Greeting 4, which will always run before the slave's greeting asking for freedom, which is in Greeting 7. However, your bounty must be at least 1000 for this to occur. Additionally, you can't free slaves if you are a vampire, and it may or may not be possible if you have a disease. (Common or Blight, not sure about Corprus.) The disease greetings will happen 50% of the time, so if you end conversation and try again a few times, it should work eventually, though I'd have to test that. --TheRealLurlock Talk 02:31, 16 November 2008 (EST)
Possible to free slaves in Galom Daeus?
I've checked the entire area and apart from the "Command Humanoid to an area where there is a key" trick, there doesn't seem to be a way to free the "Cattle" being held by the vampires. -184.108.40.206 00:14, 13 October 2009 (UTC)
- It is true there is no way to free cattle from vampire lairs. they respawn anyway so there may not be any rewarding factor to this. DavManCometh 01:36, 1 December 2009 (UTC)
Are the vampire cattle worth adding to this article? They're basically slaves used for food instead of work. Specifically the ones in Ashmelech, Druscashti, and Galom Daeus. -- Renas (Talk • Contribs) 06:48, 16 January 2010 (UTC)
'Fast Travel' and 'Freeing' questions
Will the six slaves follow you if you mark/recall somewhere, or will they be lost in where ever they were? And also, when I freed a slave, all he did was walk back and forth in the place he was freed. Will he ever go anywhere else? Thanks--Arch-Mage MattTalk 16:45, 14 March 2010 (UTC)
- Nope. Recall and intervention spells will leave them where they were standing.
- If you free a slave, they stay where they are until you leave the cell, whereupon they disappear from the game. rpeh •T•C•E• 18:20, 22 March 2010 (UTC)
Isn't Hlaalu membership required to receive Twin Lamps quests from Ms. Dren? I'm almost sure I recall not being able to access such topics in conversation without having joined her faction.220.127.116.11 04:11, 15 May 2010 (UTC)
- Actually no. I thought so, but anything that gives you the "slavery" topic lets you access the quests. I'm not going back through all my saves, but my House Redoran PC has done almost all the quests on the Twin Lamps page. It looks like talking to Brallion will give you the slavery topic, as might talking to a savant about Morrowind's neighbours (and getting lucky, because there are several possible responses). There are several other NPCs that might give you the topic too. rpeh •T•C•E• 20:31, 17 May 2010 (UTC)
Abebaal Egg Mine
Slaves taken to the Abebaal cannot be freed here if the Slave Rebellion quest has already been completed by freeing Eleedal-Lei - upon choosing the "Go Free" topic in dialog, a transplanted slave will reply that "Our leader Eleedal-Lei will lead us to freedom", which does not actually happen if Eleedal is long gone with his original group. (Don't know how it works if you already killed Eleedal-lei.)18.104.22.168 02:24, 23 May 2010 (UTC)
Closest is in..?
It says under a few entries that a key is not there, but igves the locaiton of the nearest key. What does this mean? Is it just trivia, or is that they key that you need to free them? Eidolon 15:03, 5 January 2011 (UTC)
- If there's no key for a group of slaves, the only way to free them is to use a Command spell to make them follow you to somewhere where there IS a key, then use it on them. Knowing the nearest key, therefore, is quite useful. rpeh •T•C•E• 15:33, 5 January 2011 (UTC)
Impossible to free the slaves after Main Quest?
Before killing Dagoth Ur and the Heart, the slaves usually greeted me with "blah blah, GO FREE, blah blah". Now I'm getting "blah blah OMG ITS THE NEREVARINE blah blah" and even with the slave key the topic "GO FREE" is gone. Also, in a celebration after finally beating the Main Quest, I whacked a couple slaves outside of Suran, does this affect it? I need to do Ilmeni Dren's Quest for House Hlaalu but I haven't freed anywhere near 20 slaves. Am I screwed, or is there a way to fix this? On Xbox btw, I know how to on PC. Zanicolu 14:17, 15 June 2011 (UTC)
- Yeah, I'm having the same trouble here. After the Main Quest I can't free any slaves, I would add a note but I want more confirmation on this one. --AtrumVentus (talk) 00:32, 28 December 2012 (GMT)
Create Individual Pages For The Slaves?
- Don't we already have those?--I a m g o o f b a l l--Need Something? Drop by on my Talk Page. What I've done for this site. 19:41, 24 June 2011 (UTC)
- No, we don't. And I don't think we need to. They're of absolutely no significance except to free. Even though that can be viewed as "quest related", there's absolutely nothing to say about any of them. --Legoless 21:31, 24 June 2011 (UTC)
Ministry of Truth slaves
Is it possible to free the slaves in the Ministry of Truth? They have slightly different dialogue then regular slaves, and none of the the keys there work. Could they could be freed if they were taken to the Telvanni Canalworks via Command Humanoid?
Why is the slave list empty???
On the Slaves page it says "here is a complete list", yet there is table options shown and none listed in the table.
- The list is so huge it is hidden by default. Click the show button to see the list. Jeancey (talk) 23:14, 17 December 2014 (GMT)
Utadeek in the Madrach Trade House, Gnisis
I am having trouble freeing Utadeek. I used multiple command humanoid spells, and he will follow me out of his kitchen, but there's a spot on the floor at the top of the stairs that if he gets anywhere near, he will stop following me and walk to that spot, then stand there, not moving. I've tried different ways of walking around it, I've tried to frenzy him, he won't budge. He'll turn to face me, but no matter where I walk, he won't move from that spot. Does anybody know what is causing this or how to get around it? 22.214.171.124 19:59, 1 September 2015 (UTC)
- Head downstairs (i.e., to the room Darius resides in) in the hopes that Utadeek will eventually follow. Wait an hour or two or longer and see if he follows you down? If not, then maybe he stops following you because of a script. Mind, Morrowind's an old game, there are TONS of glitches in it. – Dragon Guard (talk) 20:10, 1 September 2015 (UTC)
- You can punch him. He will chase after you and leave a dangerous place. After that, you run out of the Madrach Trade House and paying your Bounty for Guard. Now you can return, Utadeek will be at the entrance, you can use command humanoid again, all is well. — Unsigned comment by 126.96.36.199 (talk) at 22:59 on 26 August 2018 (UTC)