- "As my first act, I declare that in commemoration of this historical moment, beginning on the first of Morning Star, we will enter year one of the Second Era as time will be reckoned. Thus, we mourn the loss of our Imperial family, and look forward to the future.”
|Previous Ruler||Reman III|
|Resided in||Imperial City|
Versidue-Shaie was a prominent Tsaesci who served as the Akaviri Potentate of the late First Era. Though initially the Emperor's trusted advisor, he took over the Imperial throne after Reman III died, and declared martial law.
In the Second Era, the Potentate had The Rose built on the ruins of Blackrose, which was still the most secure and notorious prison on Tamriel by the end of the Third Era. At some unknown point, Versidue built a large mansion as a retreat from Senchal on the southern coast of Elsweyr.
Versidue-Shaie ratified the Cervant Truce that ended the disastrous Four Score War with Morrowind, and suppressed the private armies of the Imperial nobility. He was a character in the popular historical fiction 2920, The Last Year of the First Era, which detailed the events leading up to the truce.
He passed the Guild Act in 2E 321, three years before his death, allowing what would become the Fighters Guild to be formed so merchants and vassals could protect themselves in lieu of a standing army. The Guild Act also ratified other guilds, notably the Mages Guild. Under his reign, the Dragonguard were reactivated as an intelligence network rather than an honor guard. The Dragonguard counted their enemies among those who conspired to cut down the Potentate, protecting the Ruby Throne long after he was gone.
His long life was apparently unusual for a Tsaesci, with some suspecting that powerful magic was responsible for it. Other sources however, attribute immortality to all members of his race.
- 2920, The Last Year of the First Era — Carlovac Townway
- Pocket Guide to the Empire, 3rd Edition: The War with the Trees: Argonia and the Black Marsh — Imperial Geographical Society, 3E 432
- Potentate's Retreat loading screen in ESO
- High King Emeric Answers Your Questions — High King Emeric
- History of the Fighters Guild
- Fighters Guild Charter
- Mages Guild Charter
- Legacy of the Dragonguard — Kiasa-Veda, the Chronicler of Blades
- Chevalier Renald's dialogue in ESO
- Mysterious Akavir
- The Brothers of Darkness — Pellarne Assi
- Fire and Darkness — Ynir Gorming
- Avita Pitio's dialogue in ESO