|This page is currently being redesigned for the Lore Places Project (LPP).
The page may need work to meet the standards outlined on the project page.
In 1E 1033, Empress Hestra ordered the Imperial Navy to hunt down the notorious brigadier Red Bramman. After many battles and a long search, they caught Bramman in his bandit kingdom near the future site of Blackrose.
Later, in the Second Era, Akaviri Potentate Versidue-Shaie ordered a dungeon to be built around a day's march south of the ruins of the settlement, and to this day it has kept its status as the most secure prison in Tamriel. It is said that Pelladil Direnni summoned an army of Stone Atronachs and used the scattered rubble of Lilmothiit ruins to build the Blackrose Prison in a single day. Commonly known as "The Rose", this prison is where many of Jagar Tharn's associates were sent after the Imperial Simulacrum.
During the reign of Empress Morihatha, the people of Blackrose rebelled against Imperial Rule. Morihatha sent her Battlemage, Welloc, to take care of the rebels. In the decisive battle, he eradicated the rebellious army by casting Vampiric Cloud.
During the Imperial Simulacrum, Blackrose was an independent city-state ruled by King Claudios.
- Arena was originally conceived as a fighting game featuring a tournament that took the player to each of Tamriel's cities to challenge different gladiatorial teams. According to a file from that stage of development left behind in the final game, Blackrose's gladiatorial team would have been called "the Warriors".[UOL 1]
- For game-specific information, see the Arena article.
- Pocket Guide to the Empire, 3rd Edition: The War with the Trees: Argonia and the Black Marsh — Imperial Geographical Society, 3E 432
- Blackrose Prison's loading screen in ESO
- Once — Beredalmo the Signifier
- Response to Bero's Speech — Malviser, Battlemage
- Events of Arena
Note: the following references are not from official sources. They are included to provide a rounder background to this article, but may not reflect established lore.