|Primary Skills||Destruction, Illusion, Alteration, Sneak|
|Faction(s)||Blood-Kin of the Orcs; GuardFaction; Illusion Trainer; JobOrcWiseWomanFaction; ServicesLargashburAtub; Skill Trainer; TownLargashburFaction; Tribal Orcs|
She wears hooded black mage robes and a pair of boots. She carries a leveled dagger (either steel or Orcish), and also a Northwatch captain's key. She knows the spells Oakflesh, Ice Spike, and Fast Healing.
The Cursed Tribe
When first spoken to:
- "Forgive Ugor's harsh words. She is merely doing as she has been told."
- It seems like I shouldn't be here.
- "No, don't go!" or "No, don't go! You may not be one of our tribe, but you are an Orc nonetheless!" (If you are an Orc)
- What's going on here?
- "Please, our tribe suffers and we need help.
Our Chief, Yamarz, was once a strong and proud warrior. Now he is stricken, cursed.
He is weak, and so our tribe is weak. The giants sense this, and intrude on our territory. Now they assault our very home.
Yamarz refuses help, but I sense that you may be just what we need."
- Deal with your own curses.
- "We have been on our own for some time now. I fear we will not survive."
- What can I do?
- "Yamarz has demanded we stay inside the walls. We cannot leave. I must petition Malacath for relief. This curse must be lifted. But I cannot travel to Malacath's shrine. The ritual must be done here, and I do not have the materials I need. I beg of you, can you bring me Troll Fat and a Daedra Heart? I have no wish to depend on a stranger, but I have no choice."
If you refused to help at first:
- "You have returned. Will you now aid me in contacting Malacath?"
Once you have the ingredients:
- Here are the things you asked for.
- "Excellent. Now, you must come with me. You've become a part of this. You must be present for the ritual."
You will then have to listen to Atub and Yamarz speak:
- Atub: "It is time, Yamarz."
- Yamarz: "You bring an outsider here, and now insist I call on Malacath for help, when he has clearly forsaken me? You try my patience, Atub."
- Atub: "Doing nothing will not grant our tribe relief from this curse. We must try."
- Yamarz: "Grrr. Fine, let's get this over with."
If spoken to again:
- "I must focus now. This ritual is very important."
Atub will then begin the ritual to speak to Malacath:
- Atub: "Now, we begin the ritual... Great Malacath, we beseech you, aid us in our time of need..."
- Yamarz: "Why are we bothering with this?"
- Malacath: "You pathetic weakling!"
- Yamarz: "What's that?"
- Atub: "Malacath has heard my pleas! He speaks to us!"
- Malacath: "You dare summon me, Yamarz?"
- Yamarz: "What? What is this?"
- Malacath: "You don't deserve to call yourself an Orc! You're weak, you're small, and you're an embarrassment! You let giants... Giants!... overrun my shrine. Bring me their leader's club as an offering, and I might release you from this curse!"
- Atub: "So it will be. Malacath has spoken, Yamarz. Your path is clear."
- Yamarz: "Very well. You, outsider, come here! I want a word."
If spoken to after this:
- "Please, help Yamarz. Do whatever you can. Our tribe depends on you."
Once you return with Shagrol's Warhammer:
- I have returned with Shagrol's Hammer.
- "But... What of Yamarz? I see. He did not survive. He... He died well?"
- He asked me to kill the giant, then attacked me.
- "What? Why would he do such a thing?"
- He fought bravely, but the giant overwhelmed him.
- "Ah, that is good to hear, then."
After this conversation Malacath will speak:
- Malacath: "Yamarz was a coward and a weakling. His deceitful ways have cost you all greatly."
- Atub: "So he has been punished? And what of us? What fate shall we suffer?"
- Malacath: "You'll have to prove yourselves, but I'm willing to give you a chance. Gularzob's in charge now. Let's hope he's a better chief. You, place that hammer on the shrine. You're the only one who's proven worthy in all of this..."
Ugor: (addressing the player) "Halt! You have no business here, outsider. Leave at once."
Atub: "Ugor, no! This may be the one we need."
Ugor: "We need nothing from outsiders! Yamarz will provide for us."
Atub: "We cannot carry on this way! You know we are doomed if we do not do something!"
Ugor: "Yamarz charged me with keeping outsiders away from Largashbur. You would have me disobey him?"
Atub: "You were charged with keeping us inside the walls. Have faith, Ugor. I only wish the best for our tribe."
Ugor: "Fine, it's your neck."
- If Ugor is killed during the giant attack that will occur on your first visit to Largashbur, Atub can often be found standing on the guard tower next to the entrance gate. See The Cursed Tribe quest.
- Atub was apparently intended to be an apothecary merchant. However, she does not buy or sell goods. The factions (JobApothecaryFaction; JobMerchantFaction) enabling her to do so have the wrong settings.
- This issue has been addressed by version 1.2.5 of the Unofficial Skyrim Patch; once fixed, she is affected by Master Trader, but not Investor. (details)
- This cannot be corrected by using console commands to add her to the two factions, as she is already a member of both; the problem is that her faction rank in each is set to 0, not 1.
- She also was incorrectly set to never leave her longhouse and visit her local alchemy shack.
- She is incorrectly assigned a Northwatch Captain's Key, which is also found in Northwatch Keep.
- This bug is fixed by version 2.0.2 of the Unofficial Skyrim Patch.