|Location||Vakka-Bok Xanmeer, various places around Murkmire|
Miregaunts are large tree-like creatures that can be found across Murkmire. According to Argonian folklore, they have been existed as long as the Argonians themselves. Some believe them to be the "wrath of Murkmire", while others believe the Hist sends then to teach lessons.
They consist mainly of plant substance, they sometimes incorporate other materials into their shape, including mud, stone, vines, and even pieces of ancient architecture. They have some small resemblance to certain aspects of lurchers and similar creatures found in other parts of Tamriel, but in all other respects they appear totally unique creatures.
Every miregaunt has a large cavity in its mid-section, Sometimes an encountered miregaunt's cavity is empty. Other times a random piece of stone or other detritus fills the empty space. In rare cases, something valuable rests within the miregaunt, such as a precious stone, an ancient relic, or even a living creature. The local Argonians believe that these valuable objects have been taken into the miregaunt to purposely protect or imprison them.
- Monument of Change: Help restore an ancient Argonian calendar.
- Old Baubles: Kill a powerful miregaunt and collect some antiquities.
- Old Enemies: Kill a powerful miregaunt and burn some supply caches.
- Old Growth: Kill a powerful miregaunt and gather some nightbloom vine for the Naga-Kur.
- The Remnant of Argon: Pass through an Ayleid realm of portals to locate the lost Remnant.
Spells and Abilities
- Basic physical attack.
- Bramble Whip
- Mid-ranged attack, a vine will ship out of arm and lash at target.
- Cone-shaped power attack, can be blocked.
- Frontal column attack, crushing vines will move towards target.
- Binding Undergrowth
- If the target is caught in the Undergrowth attack, they are restrained and suffer from DoT damage. Can roll to escape binding vines.
- Caustic Sap
- Circular AOE attack which causes DoT. The miregaunt creates a pool of Hist sap to form around itself which causes damage if it is stood in.
- Summon Totems
- Miregaunt summons several totems around itself, which aids the miregaunt with their own abilities.
- Colossal Miregaunt
- Guardian of the Blue Stone
- Miregaunts of the Marsh by Kratius Gray of the Black Marsh Exploration Society — An essay regarding the tree-like creatures of Murkmire