- "The Ahemmusa are among the most peaceful of Ashlander tribes and the weakest in terms of amassing any sort of warband. They wear light clothing, often adorned with small shells, scales and even netting. Their weapons are more like tools, simple knives and spears they can use to work as well as defend themselves if need be. They prefer to keep to themselves and be left alone, living out their lives hunting, herding, and especially fishing." — Ulran Releth, "Ashlander Tribes and Customs"
The Ahemmusa Tribe is one of the four distinct tribes of the Ashlanders of Vvardenfell, in the province of Morrowind. The Ahemmusa are some of the most peaceful tribes in Vvardenfell and other parts of Morrowind, but they also like to be isolated and kept to themselves. They are hunters, herders, and mostly fishermen that live off the fat of the land. Because they are proficient fishers, they can be found in their own settlement, the Ahemmusa Camp, which is normally found in coastal areas. Their clothing reflects this as well, when it consists of seashells, scales, and netting. The rare Ashen Fern is used by the Ahemmusa Tribe to mask their scent when hunting.
The Ahemmusa Tribe was founded by Nalor Ahemmusa many years ago as one of the First Ashkhans. Nalor's cairn was established just south of Ald'ruhn. In order to gain his blessing, one must offer an Ashen Fern.
During the Interregnum around 2E 582, the Ahemmusa Tribe had established their camp in the Bitter Coast, when the Great Houses of Redoran and Telvanni had established settlements across their former territory. The tribe would occasionally gather at the encampment of Ald'ruhn. The blessing of Nalor Ahemmusa, along with the other First Ashkhans, was what allowed House Dunmer to mingle with the Ashlanders, which would subsequently lead to the founding of the city of Ald'ruhn.
During the Blight outbreak in 3E 427, the Ahemmusa Camp had established their camp on the northern tip of the Grazelands. The Blight would lead to the death of the Ahemmusa's Ashkhan, who would be replaced by their Wise Woman, Sinnammu Mirpal. The Ahemmusa would be driven from their hunting grounds and threatened by nearby creatures. Sinnammu Mirpal would focus on moving the Ahemmusa once again, primarily to the island ruins of Ald Daedroth. She would employ the help of the aspiring Nerevarine, who would clear the ruins from a cult of Sheogorath worshippers. When the warrior returned successfully, Mirpal had recognized them as the Nerevarine, and awarded them the Madstone of the Ahemmusa.
- Nalor Ahemmusa
- Unnamed Ashkhan (3E 427)
- For game-specific information, see the Morrowind and ESO articles.
- For game-specific information on the camp, see the Morrowind and ESO articles.
- Ashlander Tribes and Customs by Ulran Releth of House Redoran — A treatise on the Ashlander tribes
- Words of the Wind — A volume of verse collected from Ashlander wise women