The Isinfier Plains are the central tundra on the island of Solstheim that stretches from Thormoor's Watch in the west to the eastern coast, between Thirsk and the Hirstaang Forest. The Moesring Mountains, Lake Fjalding and the Isild River form the northern border and Bloodskal Barrow, Brodir Grove and the Sun Stone form the southern border. Most of the Isinfier Plains are covered in snow and frequently endure savage blizzards especially to the north, near the Moesring Mountains.
Flora in the region is diverse and includes Belladonna, Holly, Solstheim Pine trees and several species of shrub just to name a few. However, it is the fauna in the region that is what makes the Isinfier Plains an excellent hunting ground. Various species include the common grizzly bear, snow bear, common wolf, snow wolf, tusked bristleback, grahl, white horker, draugr, ravens and Rieklings.
The unique river systems and sheltered bays of the Isinfier Plains makes the region an excellent place for various smuggling operations and camps for reavers, berserkers, Fryse Hags and hunting parties of the Skaal and Thirsk. Many people call the dozens of ice caves in the Isinfier Plains home. The area also includes magnificent tombs like the Jolgeirr Barrow. The Altar of Thrond is located in the north of the Isinfier Plains, on the banks of the Harstrad River.
After the Red Mountain erupted in 4E 5, Isinfier Plains became the border between the southern ashlands and the northern, intact part of the island. In 4E 201, the reconstruction of the Temple of Miraak began in the region, but was left incomplete after the defeat of Miraak by the Last Dragonborn. Just west of that is the crash site of an air ship that is part of The Patchwork Airship quest. Unfortunately, only one person survived the crash and was later killed by a snow wolf. Also located here is the Wind Stone, where the Harstrad River and the Isild River meet, as well as the Cave of Hidden Music.
- The Skaal Test of Loyalty: You must complete a ritual for the Skaal in order to gain their trust.
- The Ristaag: Perform this Skaal ceremony by hunting the great Spirit Bear.
- Disrupt the Skaal Hunt: Interrupt a Skaal ceremony by killing the participants and the Spirit Bear.
- Missing Supply Ship: Search for a missing shipment scheduled to arrive at Raven Rock.
- Discovery in the Mine: Investigate a strange burial chamber just discovered deep within the ebony mine.
- In Search of the Falmer: Find some proof for the existence of Snow Elves for a High Elf in the Raven Rock bar.
- Betrayal at Brodir Grove: Help an old barbarian to find his beloved Sovngarde.
- The Sad Seer: A poor old prophet has lost his head.
- The Cursed Captain: Help a restless sailor find some peace.
- A Woman Scorned: Avenge Kjolver's broken heart.
- The Patchwork Airship: Discover the remains of a crashed airship in the wilderness of Solstheim.
- A Wife's Retribution: Help extract wergild for a grieving widow.
Barrows & Tombs
- Connorflenge Barrow — A small burial ground east of Uncle Sweetshare's Workshop, along the coast.
- Eddard Barrow — A small burial ground located halfway up the continent from Fort Frostmoth, northeast of Raven Rock.
- Jolgeirr Barrow — A fairly small burial ground southwest of the Altar of Thrond, roughly in the center of the island.
- Lukesturm Barrow — A small barrow located directly south of Thirsk and northeast of Brodir Grove.
- Skogsdrake Barrow — A medium-sized burial ground just north of the Sun Stone.
- Valbrandr Barrow — A burial ground located northeast of the Sun Stone and Skogsdrake Barrow.
- Bjorn — A system of ice caves northeast of the Altar of Thrond and almost directly east of Hvitkald Peak.
- Cave of Hidden Music — A cave system located on the Isinfier Plains, northeast of the Earth Stone and northwest of Brodir Grove.
- Fjell — A small treasure cave located on the Isinfier Plains to the east of Brodir Grove.
- Gloomy Cave — Located just southwest of Lake Fjalding, north of Brodir Grove.
- Gronn — A system of ice caves located southwest of Lake Fjalding on the Isinfier Plains.
- Solvjord — A cave due south of the Tree Stone and north of Fort Frostmoth.
- Uncle Sweetshare's Workshop — A home located south of Lake Fjalding and east of the Iggnir River, in the Isinfier Plains.
- Geilir the Mumbling's Dwelling — A home located south of Thormoor's Watch.
- Kjolver's Dwelling — A small dwelling located between Brodir Grove and the Cave of Hidden Music.
- Kolfinna's Dwelling — A small cave dwelling along the western bank of the Iggnir River, northeast of Fort Frostmoth.
- Altar of Thrond — Located in the middle of the island of Solstheim, in the Isinfier Plains.
- Patchwork Airship — A vessel crashed on the Isinfier Plains, northwest of the Altar of Thrond.
- Sun Stone — Located in the southeastern portion of Solstheim.
- Supply Ship — A vessel that ran aground about halfway up on the island's west coast, in the Isinfier Plains region.
- Thormoor's Watch — A vantage point located on the northwest area of Solstheim, in the Isinfier Plains.