The Hirstaang Forest covers most of the southern half of Solstheim, south of the Isinfier Plains. Bloodskal Barrow and Brodir Grove form the northern border. The west, south and eastern borders end at the northern waters of the Inner Sea. The forest was destroyed following the eruption of Red Mountain in the Red Year of 4E 5, leaving only ash wastes in the southern half of Solstheim.
The Hirstaang Forest is home to numerous barrows and ice caves. There are only two Imperial settlements on the island, both located within the forest: Fort Frostmoth and the mining town of Raven Rock. Barrows like Bloodskal Barrow, Himmelhost Barrow, Frosselmane Barrow, Kolbjorn Barrow, Skogsdrake Barrow and Valbrandr Barrow make the Hirstaang Forest home to the largest concentration of barrows anywhere on Solstheim. The few ice caves in the region, like the Halls of Penumbra, Ulfgar the Unending's Dwelling and Kolfinna's Dwelling, make the Hirstaang Forest as extensive underground as it is above ground.
- The Frostmoth Smugglers: Help Captain Falx Carius find out who has been smuggling weapons out of the fort.
- Missing Supply Ship: Search for a missing shipment scheduled to arrive at Raven Rock.
- Race Against the Clock: Deliver a report quickly to Carnius in Fort Frostmoth.
- Stop the Messenger: Intercept a report from Falco for Carnius with the help of Hroldar.
- Razing the Forest: Take care of some Spriggans that have begun attacking the colony.
- The Moon Sugar Mystery: Investigate some jolly poisonings.
- The Missing Missionary: Track down this wayward teetotaler.
- In Search of the Falmer: Find some proof for the existence of Snow Elves for a High Elf in the Raven Rock bar.
- Betrayal at Brodir Grove: Help an old barbarian to find his beloved Sovngarde.
- The Sad Seer: A poor old prophet has lost his head.
- Ingmar in a Bind: A young warrior needs a decoy. Interested?
- A Woman Scorned: Avenge Kjolver's broken heart.
- A Wife's Retribution: Help extract wergild for a grieving widow.
- Fort Frostmoth — An Imperial Fort on the fringes of the Empire.
- Raven Rock — A small Imperial mining colony.
Barrows & Tombs
- Bloodskal Barrow — A burial ground on the northern border of the Hirstaang Forest, north-northwest of Raven Rock.
- Frosselmane Barrow — A small burial ground located east of Fort Frostmoth, between the mouth of the Iggnir River and the inlet to its west.
- Himmelhost Barrow — A small burial ground just east of the Iggnir River, about halfway between the mouth and the east shore.
- Kelsedolk Barrow — The tomb of a deceased Nord located on the western coast, a short distance south from Raven Rock.
- Kolbjorn Barrow — A burial ground south of Raven Rock and west of Fort Frostmoth.
- Stormpfund Barrow — A medium-sized burial ground just west and a bit north of Fort Frostmoth.
- Gandrung Caverns — A small smugglers hideout northeast of Fort Frostmoth.
- Halls of Penumbra — A medium-sized cave near the Sun Stone in southeastern Solstheim.
- Brodir Grove — A landmark in Solstheim located on the border of the Isinfier Plains and the Hirstaang Forest.
- Earth Stone — Located northwest from Raven Rock as shown on the paper map.
- Tree Stone — Located in a valley just northeast of Brodir Grove, on the border of the Isinfier Plains and the Hirstaang Forest, southeast from the spring of the Harstrad River.
- Iggnir River — A river in southern Solstheim in the Hirstaang Forest region.