Featured images follow the same nomination process as for Featured Articles, but as they appear in a different section of the main page, a separate series of votes is held to decide which images meet the required standard.
For an image to be eligible for Featured status, it must be used in a UESP article. This is to prevent specially-taken beauty shots from stealing the limelight.
- 1 Featured Image Process
- 2 Current Featured Image
- 3 Nominations and Votes
Featured Image Process
Any registered member can nominate any image at any time. Nominated images should be of high quality and meet the site's image standards.
To nominate an image, list it on the bottom of this page with a three-tier heading, (
===Example===), and briefly explain why you think the image should be given featured status.
|File:SR-quest-Dragon Rising 05.jpg
This is another great image. It appears cinematic, which is rare for the TES series.
After an image has been nominated, any registered member can vote to support or oppose each nomination. Each member can only vote once for a given image, but a member may change his/her vote by striking out the original vote and replacing it with the revised vote.
To vote on an image, state whether you support or oppose the image for featured image status. A vote should be in bold, and all votes must be signed. For example:
* '''Support''': <Comment> --~~~~ or
* '''Oppose''': <Comment> --~~~~
Commenting with your vote is optional, but if you oppose a nomination, please state how the image must be improved to get your support for featured status.
If you are not yet ready to vote but would still like to add your thoughts, you may use:
* '''Comment''': <Comment> --~~~~ or
* '''Question''': <Question> --~~~~
And fill in your concerns or questions.
UESP Administrators will periodically make decisions on image nominations. Decisions will only be made if:
- The image has been nominated for more than seven days.
- Five or more votes have been placed.
Nominations not meeting these criteria will be left open until a decision can be reached.
Images whose nominations pass will receive featured image status on the front page for two weeks (which may be extended up to one month if there is a shortage of images), and receive a small bronze star () on the top right corner. If an image achieves featured status before the present featured image's time expires, it must wait its turn.
Current Featured Image
- File:SR-creature-Gogh (combat).jpg 27 August, 2020 - 27 September, 2020
- File:ON-quest-God of Schemes.jpg 27 September, 2020 - 27 October, 2020
- File:ON-creature-Hulking Werewolf.jpg 27 October, 2020
Nominations and Votes
I can't say I'm much of a fan of the subject, but I've always been a fan of this image. I thought this was nominated before at some point, but it doesn't seem that way. Since I'm in town for a second, I'll throw this into the mix before I head out! The background is really pretty which helps to make it a good thumbnail. However, once you look at it at full size, the expression on Ulfric's face is what sells this for me. I think it captures the thoughts and feelings of the character at this moment in time perfectly. You can also see a little surprise in the background once you look at the full size image too.
- Support: As nominator. Forfeit (talk) 01:11, 1 April 2020 (GMT)
- Support: It nicely captures Ulfric's expression after he realizes how everything he did was futile in the grand scheme of things. I might even feel a bit of sympathy for him. --Ilaro (talk) 19:20, 1 April 2020 (GMT)
- Support: The expression works well and colour scheme is nice. I don't recall how long its been since we had a Skyrim FI.--Talyyn (talk) 04:02, 5 April 2020 (GMT)
- Neutral: Boring to me. Not bad enough to oppose, though. --AKB Talk Cont Mail 16:06, 23 July 2020 (UTC)
- Comment: He's just standing there, menacingly! The Rim of the Sky (talk) 22:48, 28 July 2020 (UTC)
- Support: as nominator: Pretty great shot, cinematic, and colors work well and the elements all over the place from the conflict. ye its good. Zebendal (talk) 20:41, 4 April 2020 (GMT)
- Neutral: This is a really hot image! I agree that it looks very cinematic, almost like a promotional shot. The reason I am Neutral on this though is that in the format the image is going to be viewed the most, a thumbnail on the main page, there's a little bit of a lack of clarity in what all the image is depicting. This is no fault to the image itself; it's simply due to the nature of the subject itself being this fiery, smoke filled scene. I certainly can't oppose the image for this reason alone, but I also haven't been able to move all the way to a support either. Forfeit (talk) 23:09, 27 April 2020 (GMT)
- Support: Fire is pretty, and gets my support. --AKB Talk Cont Mail 16:06, 23 July 2020 (UTC)
- Support: Great image, do wish we can sort out what's going on with the file name. The Rim of the Sky (talk) 22:48, 28 July 2020 (UTC)
A great action shot showing off both the quest objective and the landscape of Western Skyrim. The framing and colouring on this image is excellent.
- Support: As nominator. —Legoless (talk) 09:18, 17 June 2020 (UTC)
- Support: An excellent composition! MolagBallet (talk) 15:49, 17 June 2020 (UTC)
- Support: Definitely a good image for such a simple scene. --AKB Talk Cont Mail 16:06, 23 July 2020 (UTC)
- Weak Oppose: Not a whole lot going on and not a fan of the various low-poly textures and containers (sack of grain etc.) in the foreground. Neat scene tho. The Rim of the Sky (talk) 22:48, 28 July 2020 (UTC)
A really excellent shot of this enemy. Hard to capture ESO enemies at this level of detail.
- Support: As nominator. —Legoless (talk) 18:45, 10 July 2020 (UTC)
- Support: The subject is nicely centered, the colors contrast in a way that makes the subject easy to see and the whole composition pleasing to look at, and the level of detail is top-notch. My only criticism would be that the subject doesn't take up more space, but 1) the contrast and how centered the subject is makes up for that, and 2) It's a snake, it's not like some Chungus Bristleback where you can get the entire creature to take up most of the screen. -MolagBallet (talk) 22:53, 20 July 2020 (UTC)
- Support: Looks fantastic. Amazing lighting. --AKB Talk Cont Mail 16:06, 23 July 2020 (UTC)
- Support: Unfortunately a lot of the ON images I've seen don't even come close to this quality. This is very well done given the difficulties the online restrictions provide when attempting to capture an image. - Thuraya Salaris (talk) 22:37, 28 July 2020 (UTC)
- Support: Great background and pose on the snake. Not a fan of using base game eso images in 2020 due to asset re-use and outdated textures but this one is alright. The Rim of the Sky (talk) 22:48, 28 July 2020 (UTC)
This is a beautiful shot. The golden skull is the focus here, contrasting against the gray stone and illuminated by the stunning ray of light filtering from the sky above. The image is high res; you can see all the details in the xanmeer's carvings. The flesh guardian in the background gives the viewer a sense of danger; the golden object on the pedestal is either being guarded by that thing, or the creature happens to be blocking the way of anyone who seeks the skull. Either way, the flesh colossus gives the viewer the sense that this place is dangerous, and whoever is going to retrieve that wonderfully illuminated artifact is going to have one heck of an adventure... which perfectly illustrates what Murkmire is about: a swashbuckling adventure!
Bottom line is, this image is beautiful and tells a story.
- Support: As nominator. --MolagBallet (talk) 19:08, 23 July 2020 (UTC)
- Support: Indiana Jones vibes. I like the beam of light. —Legoless (talk) 21:10, 23 July 2020 (UTC)
- Support: Simple, yet able to really show off the ambiance. = Thuraya Salaris (talk) 22:37, 28 July 2020 (UTC)
- Support: Really good timing and lighting, also like how out of context it looks like the colossus guardian just opened the door to find you with the skull. The Rim of the Sky (talk) 22:48, 28 July 2020 (UTC)
- Support: The eeriness really captures just how dark the Murkmire questline as a whole gets. Also gotta agree about the Raiders thing. Schiffy(Talk) 23:28, 28 July 2020 (UTC)
- Support: Very atmospheric.--Talyyn (talk) 01:36, 29 July 2020 (UTC)
I saw this one on our social media and thought it looked very cool. The colours are great, it really captures the resurrection of a dragon in a stunning way.
- Support: As nominator. —Legoless (talk) 09:38, 27 July 2020 (UTC)
- Support: Fantastic shot in every way, loving the angles and the progress through the dragon resurrection animation this was taken at, don't often get to see it since it happens so fast. The Rim of the Sky (talk) 22:48, 28 July 2020 (UTC)