Featured images follow the same nomination process as for Featured Articles, but as they appear in a different section of the main page, a separate series of votes is held to decide which images meet the required standard.
For an image to be eligible for Featured status, it must be used in a UESP article. This is to prevent specially-taken beauty shots from stealing the limelight.
- 1 Featured Image Process
- 2 Current Featured Image
- 3 Nominations and Votes
Featured Image Process
Any registered member can nominate any image at any time. Nominated images should be of high quality and meet the site's image standards.
To nominate an image, list it on the bottom of this page with a three-tier heading, (
===Example===), and briefly explain why you think the image should be given featured status.
|File:SR-quest-Dragon Rising 05.jpg
This is another great image. It appears cinematic, which is rare for the TES series.
After an image has been nominated, any registered member can vote to support or oppose each nomination. Each member can only vote once for a given image, but a member may change his/her vote by striking out the original vote and replacing it with the revised vote.
To vote on an image, state whether you support or oppose the image for featured image status. A vote should be in bold, and all votes must be signed. For example:
* '''Support''': <Comment> --~~~~ or
* '''Oppose''': <Comment> --~~~~
Commenting with your vote is optional, but if you oppose a nomination, please state how the image must be improved to get your support for featured status.
If you are not yet ready to vote but would still like to add your thoughts, you may use:
* '''Comment''': <Comment> --~~~~ or
* '''Question''': <Question> --~~~~
And fill in your concerns or questions.
UESP Administrators will periodically make decisions on image nominations. Decisions will only be made if:
- The image has been nominated for more than seven days.
- Five or more votes have been placed.
Nominations not meeting these criteria will be left open until a decision can be reached.
Images whose nominations pass will receive featured image status on the front page for two weeks (which may be extended up to one month if there is a shortage of images), and receive a small bronze star () on the top right corner. If an image achieves featured status before the present featured image's time expires, it must wait its turn.
Current Featured Image
- File:ON-quest-The Dreaming Cave 02.jpg
- File:ON-place-Clockwork Basilica.jpg
Nominations and Votes
- Support: As nominator. --Ilaro (talk) 20:20, 14 October 2018 (UTC)
- Oppose: As much as I'd like to see a Creation Club image featured, I don't think this one works well. The whole image is either white or light gray and it's hard to tell what the subject is. The subject itself isn't particularly interesting either. If it has to be from Pets of Skyrim, I'd definitely prefer File:SR-creature-Arachnia 02.jpg, though I think some of Myrwatch's are the best so far. —Dillonn241 (talk) 09:36, 21 October 2018 (UTC)
- Oppose: The image could benefit from being taken again in better weather conditions if possible. As is, while it's a well captured image, it's a bit too dull and void of color to put on the front page. Forfeit (talk) 04:59, 3 November 2018 (UTC)
- Weak Oppose: I really respect the scenario going on in the image and I like the timing of the capture, but overall the image isn't very aesthetic or better looking than a lot of other images on the wiki. The Rim of the Sky (talk) 05:23, 3 November 2018 (UTC)
- Oppose: As per the above opposes. --Rezalon (talk) 11:29, 1 December 2018 (UTC)
I thought this was a loading screen, i.e. something an artist spent hours drawing, but this is actually an in-game screenshot, thanks to Talyyn. With Murkmire just released, I think it's an excellent candidate. I'd go so far as to say we should expedite this one so it's timely, but I'm not sure if there's any precedent for that. If the voters decide that it's appropriate though, we should go ahead and do it.
Just to clarify, by expedite I mean make this the next featured image on 4 November.
- Support: As nominator. —Dillonn241 (talk) 14:01, 25 October 2018 (UTC)
- Support: This looks great! There is precedent to hurry this along if enough support is thrown its way. Forfeit (talk) 04:59, 3 November 2018 (UTC)
- Support: Fantastic image. Limited by the outdated 4:3 aspect ratio rule of course (like every image) but still worthy of a feature. The Rim of the Sky (talk) 05:23, 3 November 2018 (UTC)
- Support: That's a very nice image of the final area of this cavern. Too bad November 4th has kinda passed lol. Tib (talk) 16:20, 23 November 2018 (UTC)
- Support —Legoless (talk) 01:43, 26 November 2018 (UTC)
A fantastic closeup of one of the new types of dangerous flora in Murkmire. It's detailed, rich in colour, and makes for a great thumbnail.
- Support: As nominator. —Legoless (talk) 13:51, 27 October 2018 (UTC)
Support: Great creature/flora image. —Dillonn241 (talk) 13:58, 27 October 2018 (UTC)
- Weak Oppose: Based on the clipping issue Rim of the Sky brought up, I think this needs to be retaken to be FI-worthy, especially since we have so many at the moment already in line. I don't agree on the lighting aspect, but he also has a point with it blending with the background, which is always something to look out for in these. —Dillonn241 (talk) 05:30, 3 November 2018 (UTC)
- Oppose: There's a lot wrong with this image being an FI. It's fine as an image of its subject matter, but there is quite evidently clipping between the grass textures on the floor and the plant's model. The saturation and lighting are also a bit off, and the closeup view makes it feel like everything in the image blends in. The Rim of the Sky (talk) 05:23, 3 November 2018 (UTC)
This is just an excellent shot. It comes off as eerie and forbidding, and the angle is just perfect.
- Support: As nominator. --Rezalon (talk) 11:29, 1 December 2018 (UTC)
- Support: I like it. --Talyyn (talk) 04:12, 22 December 2018 (UTC)
- Support: Looks good. Forfeit (talk) 20:24, 25 December 2018 (UTC)
- Support —Legoless (talk) 21:29, 25 December 2018 (UTC)
This is a very cool image depicting the antagonist of Murkmire ESO DLC and it comes from the last encounter with her. Since this is basically taken during the fight, it is quite an achievement to manage to take this image. Kassandra is normally hidden inside this miregaunt guardian, so it takes some luck (or patience) to capture her in this cool pose. I should know, because I was there and tried! Besides that, the image also has good quality and sharpness. This is definitely one of the more unique ESO images that we have here on UESP.
- Support: As nominator. --Tib (talk) 14:11, 4 December 2018 (UTC)
- Support: A nice image, captures the character in a unique pose and position atop the Miregaunt that makes this stand out. I like the glow of the magic effects from her staff contrasting with the darkness in the background also. --SMcM (talk) 11:33, 8 January 2019 (UTC)
- Support: Great shot. --Jimeee (talk) 12:44, 8 January 2019 (UTC)