|This article could benefit from an image.
See Help:Images for information on how to upload images. Please remove this template from the page when finished.
|Line Rank||1||Cost||2700 Magicka|
|Cast Time||Instant||Duration||10 seconds|
|Soul Splitting Trap
Affects additional enemies near your initial target, but for less total damage. Reduces the cost as the ability ranks up.
Also restore Health, Magicka, and Stamina if enemy dies while affected.
- Soul Trap: Lay claim to an enemy's soul, dealing [4518 / 4566 / 4632 / 4653] Magic Damage or [4506 / 4555 / 4593 / 4655] Physical Damage over 10 seconds. The damage dealt is based on your highest offensive stats. Fills an empty Soul Gem if an affected enemy dies.
- Soul Splitting Trap: Cost: [2700 / 2610 / 2520 / 2430] Magicka, Area: 8 meters.
Lay claim to enemy souls, dealing 3087 Magic Damage or 3097 Physical Damage to the target and any other nearby enemies over 10 seconds. The damage dealt is based on your highest offensive stats. Fills an empty Soul Gem if an affected enemy dies.
- Consuming Trap: Lay claim to an enemy's soul, dealing 4635 Magic Damage or 4622 Physical Damage over 10 seconds. The damage dealt is based on your highest offensive stats. If an affected enemy dies, you fill an empty Soul Gem and heal for [2719 / 2880 / 3039 / 3200]. You also restore [0 / 0 / -2 / 0] Magicka and [-2 / 1 / 1 / 4] Stamina. This portion of the ability scales off your Max Health, Magicka, and Stamina.
Soul Trap deals Magic Damage over time to a target, and if the target is killed while the spell is still in effect, it will fill an empty soul gem (provided you have one). While the damage is modest, filled soul gems can be used to recharge your magical weapons, or to revive yourself or your allies on the battlefield, thus avoid the long trek back from the nearest Wayshrine. The Soul-Splitting Trap morph will allow you to fill two gems at once, while the Consuming Trap morph will restore your Health, Magicka, and Stamina if the enemy is killed while the spell is in effect.
- This skill is given to you for free as soon as you are given the Soul Magic skill tree. Morphing it still costs a skill point however.
- It is possible for multiple players to fill soul gems from the same enemy if both of them cast Soul Trap on it.[verification needed — see ]
- The target need not be killed by you to receive the soul (and restoration from Consuming Trap). If it is killed by any means, you will receive the benefits.
- The Soul Lock passive skill grants you a chance of automatically collecting souls without the use of Soul Trap. When used in combination with Soul Trap, you have a chance at getting two souls from a kill (or even three with the Soul-Splitting Trap morph).[verification needed — see ]