Oblivion talk:Oblivion/Archive 2
|This is an archive of past Oblivion_talk:Oblivion discussions. Do not edit the contents of this page, except for maintenance such as updating links.|
- 1 Bug Warning
- 2 XBOX 360 Questions
- 3 Archiving
- 4 Alternate Classes
- 5 Money
- 6 Mage Guild NPC Ranks
- 7 Installation Issues
- 8 Enchantment Calculator
- 9 Continuous Quests
- 10 Getting another link for the Oblivion Mod Wiki?
- 11 A Breath question
- 12 Possible new page creation
- 13 Help!!!! Vampirism!!!
- 14 Game of the Year Edition
- 15 Starting
- 16 Downloadable UESP?
- 17 Questions about theiving and spells
- 18 Rating difference
- 19 Lord kelvyn's Bulwark question
- 20 Re-rating
- 21 Never Vanishing Bodies
- 22 Mod Feedback and Tech support needed
- 23 Morrowind - Oblivion
- 24 Reverse Picketpocket
- 25 Help with being a daedra
- 26 Enchanting Items
- 27 Weird level bug/glitch…
- 28 cheat trouble GOTY
- 29 Glass Armour
- 30 Treasure hunting
- 31 Display Cases
- 32 Perminant bodies
- 33 I need ingredients
- 34 help! master armorer training glitch!
- 35 help:glitch
- 36 Default name?
- 37 How do you get a horse???
- 38 ULTIMATE CHARACTER?
- 39 Multi-location inventory?
I thought it necessary to add the bug warning here as well as on the Shivering Isles main page, as people may have SI installed and not be playing it. I, for one, have my UESP bookmark go straight to the Oblivion page, bypassing the Main Page (to save myself one click) so I never would have found out about it if I hadn't visited the Main Page. --rkMerafel 04:50, 8 April 2007 (EDT)
XBOX 360 Questions
I own Oblivion and its great, but I'm wondering if the 360 is backwards compatible for Morrowind. I heard rumors that all XBox Platinum Hits games were usable on the 360 but if I could get a little reassurance that would be great. Grub 21:24, 19 April 2007 (EDT)
- http://www.xbox.com/en-US/games/backwardcompatibilitygameslist.htm Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind is not listed, it's not all games, or all Platinum games. Check this site, they update with new ones just about every month, so there's a good chance that it will be in the future. They do the ones that are easier to make compatible first. Enru 00:07, 20 April 2007 (EDT)
The Elder Scrolls 3: Morrowind is now playable on XBox 360 with the update via XBox Live.
- For the ultimate fans,the GOTY edition works reat too,so you don't have to wonder.--Puddle 23:32, 28 February 2008 (EST)
Yeah I got the platinum edition for my 360, but I had to order a disk for the bakwards compatibility issue (I live in the boondocks, no high speed). It works great. --Dark Brother92 00:38, 4 June 2008 (EDT)
- Good point... especially because this page isn't used for general wiki organization questions any more, and some of those older discussions are probably pretty confusing to new readers (such as the out-of-date suggestion for all editors to add this page to their watchlist -- the UESPWiki:Community Portal now fills that function -- or the whole obsolete section on how images can't be used). I don't think I've looked through this talk page in months, and I'd actually forgotten some of these discussions were here. --NepheleTalk 00:54, 20 April 2007 (EDT)
I might not be the first to ask this, but is there a page like in the Morrowind section that has all of the alternate classes that the NPC's have i.e.(Trader, Merchant, Noble) or is there already one and I missed it? I would like to have a Noble Character though...Grub 18:22, 7 May 2007 (EDT)
- Not yet. Eventually, I'd like to have one but it hasn't been created yet. --NepheleTalk 18:45, 7 May 2007 (EDT)
Thanks, I will do anything to help, but I am limited to what is on the website and whatever information the Xbox360 will give me. Grub 20:04, 7 May 2007 (EDT)
- OK, one new page: Oblivion:NPC Classes. If you're up to spending some time embellishing it (in particular adding some links to the page), that would be a big help :) --NepheleTalk 23:03, 7 May 2007 (EDT)
Did you happen to get the classes of the characters for the Official Mods (Sheogorath, Knights of the Nine, Morag Tong Assasin), or are they there under different names? Thanks again for the page.Grub 18:57, 8 May 2007 (EDT)
- I just added one class (Forgemaster) from Mehrunes Razor. I can't check Shivering Isles yet, but otherwise Forgemaster is the only class that's been added by any mods. --NepheleTalk 22:47, 8 May 2007 (EDT)
Thank you. And again i appreciate all your work on this page.Grub 08:40, 9 May 2007 (EDT)
Hmm...Once that page gets more specific like the MW one, i may use custom class to make a charicter that uses one of those. -m'aiq the liar 18:43, 15 July 2007 (EDT)
is it any limit of how much you can get??? I duped about 7000 Base Ring of Retribution and will sell them of... just wanted to know so the game dont feak out or something... I will get about 8 000 000+ and yes this is not the first time I play
- The variable used to store the quantity of gold appears to be a signed long integer, which means the maximum value it can hold is 2,147,483,647. But it's very possible that the display in game gets messed up before that, since it's unlikely they set aside a 10 digit wide space to print out the number. In that case, you might well have a ton of gold, but what gets reported would be wrong (asterisks, missing digits; depends what they did). I won't even ask why you think you need to get 8,000,000 gold, but I wouldn't count on things working normally. --NepheleTalk 16:30, 10 May 2007 (EDT)
Mage Guild NPC Ranks
I'm new to UESP and was wondering if there was a way that a section could be added to show each mage guild member's rank like on the Morrowind section. For instance, I know that Deetsan in Cheydinhal is a Magician and the redguard, Trayvond, is an Evoker, but I dont know how to find out many of the rest. --TrizzipTalk
- Good idea. I've made the information on all the ranks available in my sandbox. If you'd like to help by adding the information to the Oblivion:Mages Guild page and individual NPC pages, that would be great. I've tried to provide some instructions on what needs to be done, but feel free to ask if they don't make sense. I did the Dark Brotherhood already, mainly because that was the smallest faction and therefore the quickest for me to do as an example. --NepheleTalk 16:16, 17 May 2007 (EDT)
This probably should be on another page but it doesn't matter. I got Oblivion for the computer and when I put the disk in nothing happens. I'm sure my graphics card isn't one of the ones that is required for playing, but that shouldn't stop the instalation wizard from appearing. Any advice? Grub 11:40, 19 May 2007 (EDT)
- Try opening the Cd and looking for the setup file — Unsigned comment by White glory (talk • contribs)
My disk came without the setup file i couldn't find it on two computers,can someone help?--Puddle 23:34, 28 February 2008 (EST)
Just a Suggestion, but does anyone think an Enchantment Calculator (like the Alchemy calculator) would be a good idea?--Willyhead 12:44, 17 June 2007 (EDT)
- No there aren't enough different combos to do that. There aren't any combos for that matter its something a chart can do just fine.--Most Honored Listener 14:33, 17 June 2007 (EDT)
- Aye, but it could show how high a magnitude/area/duration could go.--Willyhead 11:43, 18 June 2007 (EDT)
What is every continuous quest.... eg. the arena. 126.96.36.199 19:32, 8 July 2007 (EDT)
- You mean ones that you can't actually complete? I think it's just Arena and Honor Thy Mother. At least, those are the only two left in my longest-running game. --RpehTalk 03:21, 9 July 2007 (EDT)
- If you have the thieves den that is continous too.
If we are including the Shivering Isles in Oblivion, the Antipodean Hammer quest is also continuous. -Dark Brother92 01:38, 4 June 2008 (EDT)
Well, the Oblivion Mod Wiki recently came back, before we went down we had a link on the Oblivion main page here, under the modding section. I was curious if that'd be possible to get back? Thank you. -Vhaeos 16:34, 18 July 2007 (EDT).
- Glad to hear you're back in business :) I'd noticed a link to the new site pop up a couple weeks back, but I figured I'd wait to hear from you. I've now added the link back onto the Oblivion article. --NepheleTalk 18:05, 18 July 2007 (EDT)
A Breath question
Just a quick question- what affects your maximum breath underwater? Is it a derived attribute?--Willyhead 11:15, 13 August 2007 (EDT)
- Nothing affects it except water breathing.--Bambobo 11:15, 11 October 2007
- Actually it definitely is affected- My lvl 49 character can stay underwater (without water breathing) for a much longer duration than a new lvl 1 character.--Willyhead 07:35, 13 October 2007 (EDT)
- Really? Whats it deprived from? You weren't timing how long your health took to deplete were you?--Bambobo 12:57, 13 October 2007 (EDT)
- Nah, I just timed how long it took for the blue breath bar to drop to the bottom- I'm pretty sure it's affected by something.--Willyhead 05:39, 14 October 2007 (EDT)
- I believe different races are affected by it differently.
Possible new page creation
Could there be a page created that lists NPC combat dialogue? Whilst it's hardly essential, there are probably some people who would like to see it up here. Things like Jump on my sword and bleed to death, and You move like a pregnant cow.--Merco 13:00, 15 August 2007 (EDT)
- I dont see why not.--Bambobo 19:31, 13 October 2007 (EDT)
- The main objection is that there are hundreds. A lot of the quests have their own specific dialogue (for example, "Watch your back, Baurus!" during the tutorial or "First I'll kill you. Then I'll get Ruslan and Luronk. You'll all pay for what you did to me." at the end of Imperial Corruption). Just posting a list would be fairly useless and an annotated list would be a lot of work that, for one, I don't feel like tackling! --Rpeh•T•C•E• 03:02, 14 October 2007 (EDT)
Help, I did most of the cure vampirism but there is only one thing left, I have to talk to the count of Skingrad, but he wont talk to me. I have waited over 3 months of real time, and I even had to break into his room, and all he says is "go away", WHAT DO I DO?!?!?!?
Submited by Joel Bouchard aka pinbal20
- try doing a charm spell on him like captivate or something, then he might want to talk to you-from the grey fox- — Unsigned comment by 188.8.131.52 (talk)
Have you talked to his steward, Hal-Liurz? You have to have her go get him for you in order to get the cure.
Game of the Year Edition
Does anyone think that when the GotY edition of Oblivion comes out there should be a page describing what new content has been added? Maybe along with what Official Mods were included.
All content from the GotY edition is alreay covered from Sivering Isles,Oblivion KoTN im sure...-Nemasis-Tx.
Im not new to to oblivion or uesp either. But when i was starting out i found it hard to decide what things should come in what order, mostly guilds. i was wondering if there could be a page entitled starting. i think many people would find it useful.
- That is an interesting idea, but the Elder Scrolls games are designed to be free-form games, in which you are free to pursue any path from the very beginning. Because of this, it is difficult to outline a specific "order" in which to tackle the various challenges in Oblivion, not only because of the core game mechanic, but because of the fact that level scaling and other implementations do technically make any achievement attainable from the get-go. SubtleCynicism 02:30, 3 September 2007 (EDT)
I would like to access an offline version of UESP, that i could consult on a computer which has no access to the internet. Is there a way to do so without having to download each page individually, a pre-packtaged archive of some sort?
- It's on Daveh's To Do list but I wouldn't expect it any time soon. --RpehTalk 04:07, 1 October 2007 (EDT)
A guide is available on IGN for now. http://guides.ign.com/guides/857879/page_38.html
Questions about theiving and spells
Hey, is it at all possible to steal a NPC's armor that they are wearing without killing them by, say, forcing them into bound armor? --Ordon Crane 20:05, 16 November 2007 (EST)
anyone know why they changed the rating in the first place? i lost my first copy and had 2 go re-buy it, and when i found they had changed it, i had 2 wait till i could get my mom 2 come with me...:( — Unsigned comment by Osiris (talk • contribs)
- People started using mods that removed the bras from women in the game, so they rerated it and blocked the content.
Also, ESRB never really had anyone play the game, they just got a discrpition. Then when they saw what there was, they had to change it.
Lord kelvyn's Bulwark question
I would just like to point out that Oblivion was re-rated in the U.S. It was originally rated T (which is the equivalent of PG13 in the U.S. film rating system and the equivalent of M in the Australian film and vidio game rating system) but was then re-rated because gory and partly nude textures were found hiden in the game, so it was re-rated M17+ (wich is the equivalent of R in the U.S. film rating system and the equivalent of MA15+ in Australia). But these were very hard to access. Even on Xbox 360 and Plastation 3 where only a profesional hacker could access these textures, the game was re-rated. Bethesda later removed these textures, but the game was not reduced to T. However, in Australia, the game is still only rated M.
Never Vanishing Bodies
I was just wondering if such a page exists that lists all the permanant bodies (though I doubt it)? If not could someone please tell who they are (except for Glarthir and Mazoga). Thanks.Bambobo 15:44, 16 January 2008 (EST)
There are the three in the shop in Anvil. These bodies were from a Fighter's Guild quest. I don't remember their names though. They might not appear for everyone, but they appear for me. --M1SSYF1V3 22:00, 19 March 2008 (EDT)
Mod Feedback and Tech support needed
Question moved to Tes4Mod:Mod Ideas/Other Items January 22, 2008
Morrowind - Oblivion
Does anyone know how long the in game time was from Morrowind to Oblivion?
- I'm not sure this is what you mean, but Morrowind was set in 3E 427 and Oblivion in 3E 433. So about 5-6 years. (see this page for more detail). –Rpeh•T•C•E• 16:13, 31 January 2008 (EST)
- It only works for zero weight items. See Reverse Pickpocketing for more details. --NepheleTalk 23:54, 13 February 2008 (EST)
Help with being a daedra
My main question is, is there a way to make your own enchanted arrows? Secondly, does anyone know how to enchant things like cups lockpicks ect. We know some exist. We've quested for them and most likely own a few so there must be a way of making our own. And lastly the annoying 1600 charge limitation I would like a nice big number to work with like the one given to the worm staff. what was that 4800? If we can't alter a soul gem to cary that kind of power maybe theres a way of glitching the charge off another item. I've tried to figure this out for myself but with no luck. I hope at least one of these things can be accomplished.— Unsigned comment by 184.108.40.206 (talk)
- You can't enchant your own arrows. If you really want enchanted arrows, i'd recommend the dungeon from the official plug-in Mehrunes'Razor. Secondly, no, you can't enchant lockpicks, cups or other 'clutter'. I don't even know about existing enchanted clutter, exept for maybe the Skeleton Key. And your last question: also: no. The highest soul chharge you can get is 1600, although you can use sigil stones for greater charges (the only downside is the fact that they have fixed effects.). The only way you can make new items with greater charges (non- sigil ones) is with the CS, and that's only possible if you have the PC version of Oblivion.--LordDagon 09:14, 24 March 2008 (EDT)
Weird level bug/glitch…
I'm confused, i thought that yor maximum level for a skill is 100… my khajiit has level 140 acrobatics with no clothing on, although it says i have an enchantment on all the time… any ideas why? Thanks. --James F 11:30, 20 March 2008 (EDT)
- I'm not too sure... I'm guessing that 100 isn't the limit. I don't remember this stuff well. But if I'm wrong look at the page for the Khajiit. Perhaps it has something about agility. --M1SSYF1V3 19:03, 20 March 2008 (EDT)
- The maximum natural level for a skill is 100. But with enchantments and spells you can fortify any skill well past 100. Of course, providing us with some information about this enchantment that already exists (i.e., the name that appears in your active effects menu) would make it a lot easier to answer questions about why it's there ;) In the absence of information, I can provide two guesses. Some of the boost could be from non-enchantments, for example vampirism. But it's more likely that you have triggered some type of permanent enchantment glitch. --NepheleTalk 22:12, 20 March 2008 (EDT)
Now my kajiit has lvl 151 acrobatics... i have no current spell efects on, i've prayed at alters and everything, also im not a vampire. I've been playing oblivion for quite a while and know a fair bit about it but this is just strange. :O— Unsigned comment by 220.127.116.11 (talk)
Found the problem! i had the boot of springheel jack equipped but they wernt acctualy on my feet, i was jumping to get a chest at lost boy cavern and tried to equip the boots, i have completed the theives guild quest line but it still said they were a quest item... i put them on and it made no difference to my acroatics lvl, but i was supprised to see them on my feet.I took them back off and looked at my acrobatics lvl and is now at 99 with nothing on, almost a master, yey! lol— Unsigned comment by 18.104.22.168 (talk)
cheat trouble GOTY
i completed the game and thought it would be cool to get some cheats so I went on the web and found some, nothing I did got the console up, the site told me to press the tilde key (~) but I pressed it and nothing happened. Is it the one next to enter or under escape like my friend says? I tried both but neither work for me! Is it because its GOTY edition and does anyone know how to get up the console for it? Please help i cant find the info anywhere!— Unsigned comment by 22.214.171.124 (talk)
- hmmm, it should be the on directly under "esc" when you press it in notepad or a word processor you should get this: ` if not then chances are something's wron with your keyboard Volanaro 09:44, 21 March 2008 (EDT)
No it still doesnt work and i have a new keyboard too. is it to do with GOTY edition or do you have to press something else also? I have found no key next to enter that does it. Please help!!!
If the ~ key doesn't work, and the ` key doesn't work, first, try pressing whatever is next to the 1 key (unless that is the ` or the ~), if that doesn't work, you may need to download a mod like the ring of console (google it) to use the console.
- Any Bandit boss has a chance of wearing one, but they are quite rare. –Rpeh•T•C•E• 08:21, 22 March 2008 (EDT)
Is there a page which can tell me what places are best for looting armor and weapons, and possibly other expensive items other than Rockmilk Cave? Caboose 13:48, 25 March 2008 (EDT)
Could anyone tell me how to put some items in the display cases properly? The Skingrad house has quite a few display cases and they could use some content in them. — Unsigned comment by 126.96.36.199 (talk)
- You just have to drop the item and drag (left bumper on 360 Z on PC) and place them in the case, and note round objects don't work well. Puddle 20:33, 26 March 2008 (EDT)
Does anyone know how or why some peoples corpes's stay where they fell perminantly?
- Some people are marked as "Quest Items" in the game's internal mechanisms, and so they never disappear. –Rpeh•T•C•E• 18:28, 27 March 2008 (EDT)
if you complete the mages' guild quests and get the staff of worms, u can use that to annimate there corpse and just walk it off to where ever is convienant — Unsigned comment by Osiris (talk • contribs)
can u use the staff of worms on lachance's body? i doubt it but it woul be great to acess some of his kit! 188.8.131.52 09:59, 11 May 2008 (EDT)
I need ingredients
Where are redwort flowers? I am level 16 and can't find any apart from 1 every so often in alchemical stores. I would also appreciate info on Dragons tongue. Please help, I want to be a mage again! — Unsigned comment by 184.108.40.206 (talk)
- Try looking here and here for maps and detail but the basic answer is that they're both found in the south of the West Weald. –Rpeh•T•C•E• 05:41, 29 March 2008 (EDT)
help! master armorer training glitch!
I am trying to do the master armorer training and i know i need to find/read "the Armorers Challenge" but the First Edition bookstore (where i was told to get it)doesn't have the F*%@ing book! Is there anywhere else I can get it? — Unsigned comment by 220.127.116.11 (talk)
- If it wasn't there you must already have bought it but not read it. Luckily you can find a second copy in the Cheydinhal Fighters Guild on top of a bookcase. –Rpeh•T•C•E• 17:53, 31 March 2008 (EDT)
on my 360 after dowloading the repair the or.[mages guild],the lady wont come out of that room ,it says need a key.cant complete the necromancers moon miss. because i need to talk to her and she wont come out HELP
- If you could bother to spend 10 seconds looking up the lady's name (Bothiel), or the mod page (Repairing the Orrery), or even the quest that you're trying to complete (Necromancer's Moon), you would have found the information you were looking for. And by taking those ten whole seconds to type "Bothiel" into the search box and hitting the "go" button, not only would you have been able to get the answer you were looking for right away, but you also would have saved our site's volunteer editors the trouble of answering your question. --NepheleTalk 01:00, 1 April 2008 (EDT)
I heard somewhere (I wish I remembered where) that Oblivion had a default character. Now I know it's not available (to my knowledge), but I'd like to know the name. Sorry for being so vague. This is really hard for me to explain. From what I know the character is a male Imperial. And I think this name starts with an "I." It's kind of like how Faern Sargtlin is (from what I know) the widely known name for the "champion" in Morrowind. Prays to Talos that someone knows what she's talking about.
(Sorry, I'm short of time. If you have more questions as to what I'm talking about, I'll be back soon to answer them.)--M1SSYF1V3 21:58, 1 April 2008 (EDT)
- It's Bendu Olo. He's named after a former Colovian King of Anvil who led the All Flags Navy against the Sload of Thras shortly after the Thrassian Plague of 1E 2200. --Michaeldsuarez (Talk)/(Contribs) 22:09, 1 April 2008 (EDT)
- I don't think there's a default name for the player in Morrowind. "Faern Sargtlin" is just the name used in the in the Imperial Library's Morrowind main quest walkthrough. If you go here, you'll find this statement: "Here, you will follow the story of a character named Faern Sargtlin, a dunmer Bard." This is the character created by the maker of the walkthrough for the purpose of placing a name in the dialogue there. --Michaeldsuarez (Talk)/(Contribs) 22:32, 1 April 2008 (EDT)
Oh! Thank you so much! I owe you all hugs! Haha! --M1SSYF1V3 23:13, 1 April 2008 (EDT)
- You're welcome. I'm glad that I could help. --Michaeldsuarez (Talk)/(Contribs) 20:13, 2 April 2008 (EDT)
How do you get a horse???
- Good grief. Please can you at least try to use the site before asking questions? If you type "horse" into the search box and hit go, you get taken here, a page on which the first section is "Acquiring a Horse". –Rpeh•T•C•E• 03:15, 4 April 2008 (EDT)
what is the highest skill anyone has ever got a character to without any magic fortifying spells but including armour plz put a link to the "ULTIMATE" set of armour and weapons and where to find them. — Unsigned comment by Lewbot1 (talk • contribs)
- I would say there is no such thing as an ultimate charecter. However, if you are looking for the best armor and weapon set you can get in the game, I believe Glass is the highest light armor and Daedric is the highest heavy armor. For weapons, I recommend Goldbrand (through one of the daedric quests). For skills, the highest you can go without spells or fortifying armor is 100. But it all really depends on what you like and what armor is best for the skills of your charecter. — Unsigned comment by 18.104.22.168 (talk)
- The highest I got is 255 in every skill and atrribute thanks to mister console, swish Caboose 09:44, 15 April 2008 (EDT)
I have been looking for an outdoor permanent corpse of the 'fragmented' variety - like a skeleton or storm atronach. Does anyone know if there are any in the game? I'm wondering whether it would then be possible to take pieces of said corpse and place one in each major city to have a centralized inventory of goods accessible from multiple locations. Failing that I guess I'm stuck beating up Shadowmere every time I want to switch equipment around... which actually makes the inventory available anywhere on the map, but then Shadowmere gets all mad at me and tries to wander off until I heal her back up to full. Any other known methods of having more equipment than you can carry accessible from multiple locations? I know about dragging a corpse around with you, but trying to do that all the time would be exceedingly annoying. --22.214.171.124 08:20, 8 April 2008 (EDT)
- If you're going to cheat to that extent why not go the whole hog and use the Bag of Holding mod? –Rpeh•T•C•E• 08:27, 8 April 2008 (EDT)
- PS3 - no mods. And as to 'cheating'... I COULD just put all my equipment in one house (Aleswell is probably the most easily accessible and centralized location... which is why I keep all the alchemy stuff that Shadowmere would consume there) and fast travel there every time I want to change things... but that's TEDIOUS. Avoiding tedium does not make me any more 'powerful' in the game. It just lets me play with less pointless book-keeping. And before you say 'realism'... it would be 'realistic' to require the player to sleep every fifteen hours or so. Any guesses why the game doesn't? --126.96.36.199 08:40, 8 April 2008 (EDT)
- Y'know, how you play the game is up to you, but that does sound like an exploit. I know I'm sort of speaking for someone else here, but I don't think Rpeh is blaming you for that cheat - he's made a valuable suggestion.
- As for your question - I don't reckon there are any such corpses and anyway that would be impossible - you can't move things into different cells, and you can't drag a body part too far away - it fades. Robed Dawnbringer 13:31, 15 April 2008 (EDT)
- Interesting info on parts fading out. Thanks. Guess I'm stuck beating an undead horse. As to the mod being a valuable suggestion, I'm sure it would be except as I said... mods are not available for the PS3 version I use. On 'cheating'... I think it is fairly obviously a pejorative term. Certainly so when used in the phrase, "cheat to that extent"... which would seem to imply even that this is unusually excessive 'cheating'. Which certainly seemed odd for a site which has an Oblivion:Cheats page and full instructions on using the Console to do virtually anything you want in the game. I think of 'cheating' as doing something the developers didn't intend to be part of the gameplay in order to make the game easier. Not 'more fun', but actually easier to complete. Being able to access a single inventory from multiple locations does NOT make the game any easier. It is entirely possible to fast travel to your house every time you want to switch equipment around and then fast travel back. That is built into the game and allows infinite storage. It just takes time away from doing the parts of the game that are fun. I'm pretty sure that nobody plays Oblivion for the joys of inventory management. --188.8.131.52 08:42, 16 April 2008 (EDT)
- Sorry. I hadn't meant it that way. I often use the Bag of Holding myself and I always feel guilty because I know it's cheating (despite the author's protestations to the contrary!) I meant that more as a comment on myself rather than you but I can see it didn't come out that way. –Rpeh•T•C•E• 12:25, 16 April 2008 (EDT)
Your opinion is, of course, your own. Might I point out that the suggestion was perfectly justified at the time because you didn't tell us you had the PS3 copy until afterwards. Anyway, I'm afraid there would seem to be no other way... Robed Dawnbringer 12:58, 16 April 2008 (EDT)
- Or you could do the unlimited Enhancement cheat with rings you make that are enhanced with a transcendant sigil stone that fortifies strength by 12 points. Just make sure that you gave each ring a differnt name, I dont know how many rings I used but now where it shows weight I have the amount I'm carrying showed then after the dash there is a line instead of a number and so far I have not been over-encumbered, the easy way to do this is to get 1 ring and 1 sigil stone and just duplicate them a bunch.
- And by the way, is the bag of holding only available for the PC version or can you get it for the 360--184.108.40.206 01:22, 7 May 2008 (EDT)xBlink N Die
|Prev: Archive 1||Up: Oblivion talk:Oblivion||Next: Archive 3|