|This page or parts of this page were previously transcluded from lore pages per this discussion.
This page should be checked for potential unrelated lore and other information. Please remove this banner when the page has been cleaned up.
Khajiit are cat-like people who come from Elsweyr, known for high intelligence and agility. These traits make them very good thieves and acrobats, but Khajiit are also fearsome warriors. However, they are rarely known to be mages. Khajiit mostly stay on land, but piracy and Skooma trade does draw some to work as sailors.
Khajiit anatomy differs greatly from both men and elves, not only because of their fur, tail, and sometimes toe-walking stance, but also their digestive system and metabolism. Khajiit, Argonians, and Imga are the so-called "beast races" of Tamriel because of these large differences. Khajiit have a lifespan similar to that of humans. There are no well-documented cases of cross-breeding between Khajiit and other races, though there are rumors of such a thing. The foreign appearance and behavior of Khajiit make them common targets of racial discrimination.
For more information, see the main lore article.
A list of all the Khajiit in Cyrodiil can be found here.
- +10 Agility
- -10 Willpower and Strength
- Eye of Fear greater power (Form ID
00047ADF): Demoralize up to level 25 (100 points) for 30 seconds on Target, once per day
- Eye of Night lesser power (Form ID
00047AE0): Night-Eye for 30 seconds on Self (0 magicka cost)
Hailing from the province of Elsweyr, they are intelligent, quick, and agile. They make excellent thieves due to their natural agility and unmatched acrobatics skill. All Khajiit can see in the dark.
Khajiit, like Argonians, make excellent thieves and assassins due to their bonuses in skills typically associated with stealth-oriented classes. They are quick and especially adept at getting into places some of the other races might have trouble with. Eye of Night is a handy lesser power while dungeon-crawling or for seeing at night, when many thieves and assassins do their work. Their other greater power, Eye of Fear, is also useful and is not affected by Spell Efficiency, which often ruins Demoralize spells at higher levels. If you are playing a thief character, it may help to choose The Thief Birthsign to boost your stealth-oriented skills. Another suitable birthsign, especially for male Khajiit, is The Lady, as it gives a boost to endurance and willpower, somewhat making up for the male Khajiit's penalty to those attributes. Along with being a brilliant stealth race, male Khajiit are also well suited for combat classes such as barbarians, archers, or custom light armor/blade/bow combat warrior classes because of their bonuses to blade, light armor, and hand to hand, and their increased agility attribute. Additionally, unlike female Khajiit, males do not have decreased strength.
- "Something on your mind, furlicker?" (if disposition is between 20 and 30)
- "Greetings, Khajiit." (if disposition is 30+)
- "Greetings, clan-mate." (if disposition is 30+ and the target NPC is also a Khajiit)
- Friendly Greetings (if disposition is 70+)
- "May you walk on warm sands."
- "Warm day to you, friend."
- "Sugar and sands, friend."
- "Good friend. This is an honor."
- "Swift hunting, friend."
- Neutral Greetings (if disposition is between 30 and 70)
- "Its scent is unfamiliar."
- "It has no master?"
- "Good hunting."
- "You have words?"
- "Speak while the sands are warm."
- Brusque Greetings (if disposition is below 30)
- "Khajiit has no words for you."
- "It comes near. What does it want?"
- "To greet you? Or eat you?"
- "Go away. Do not come back."
- "Can it speak? Can it make words?"
- "Die, you mangy housecat!"
- "You'll make a fine rug, cat!"
Reactions affect the base disposition of NPCs towards you depending on your relative races.
- Khajiit +5