|Appears in||Arena, Skyrim|
Snowhawk (currently known as Fort Snowhawk) was one of the eight-major cities in the province of Skyrim, situated in the outer marshes of Hjaalmarch, west of the hold capital of Morthal, along the main road towards Haafingar.
During the Imperial Simulacrum, the city-state of Snowhawk was an active settlement, being ruled by King Torbens. It had a rivalry with Solitude. At this time, Snowhawk was the seat of a Kingship, which lasted for an unspecified amount of time. It was neighbored by several settlements, including Dunstad Grove to the east, Lainalten to the south, and Markarth Side to the north.
At some point, Snowhawk would later become abandoned, and by 4E 201 the ruins of Fort Snowhawk were occupied by a local Necromancer coven. During the Stormcloak Rebellion, the fort served as a point of contention between the Imperial Legion and the Stormcloaks, with both sides struggling for control. Fort Snowhawk would play a pivotal role in the conflict, serving as Hjaalmarch's regional stronghold.
Snowhawk Detachment in Legends
- Arena was originally conceived as a fighting game featuring a tournament that took the player to each of Tamriel's cities to challenge different gladiatorial teams. According to a file from that stage of development left behind in the final game, Snowhawk's gladiatorial team would have been called "the Frost Demons".[UOL 1]
- Fort Snowhawk location in Skyrim
- Map of Skyrim — The Elder Scrolls: Arena
- Snowhawk location and rumors in Arena
- Whispers of Death quest in Oblivion
- The Battle for Fort Snowhawk quest in Skyrim
Note: the following references are not from official sources. They are included to provide a rounder background to this article, but may not reflect established lore.