|Sotha Sil (in_sotha_sil00)
|Location||The Clockwork City, Dome of Sotha Sil|
Lord Sotha Sil the Magus is a Pillar of the Blessed Tribunal, the three Immortal God-Kings of Morrowind, and the patron of Artificers and Wizards. Sotha Sil was the mightiest wizard and most wise counselor of the First Council. One of the original companions of Nerevar as well as the teacher of Nerevar and Vivec, he is the Light of Knowledge and the Inspiration of Craft and Sorcery. He lives in his Clockwork City with mechanical devices of his making, and is rarely seen in Morrowind. While Vivec and Almalexia have traditionally been fairly visible to their followers, the scholar Sotha Sil has been more reclusive. Little else is known about this reclusive god. Vivec has not heard from him since their defeat at Red Mountain, scarcely ever hearing from him before. Vivec notes that he is completely self-absorbed like himself, and doubts he will notice his divine powers diminish without the Heart, just as he barely notices others most of the time. He is fascinated by the hidden world and its mysteries, he lives in his own way, as he always has. King Helseth says no one has seen the Tinkerer in centuries.
For more information, see the main lore article.
Following the Fabricant attack on Mournhold, Almalexia suspects that he has gone insane and orchestrated the attack. She asks for you to travel to the Clockwork City and stop his "mad schemings", saying that if he cannot be negotiated with, the only option is to kill him. Upon arriving in the final chamber of the city, Sotha Sil's dome, he will be lying motionless in the center, and attempting to interact with him will show the following message:
- "You have found the body of Sotha Sil, his lifeless husk dangling from a contraption of his own making. Someone has obviously been here before you."
Almalexia will then arrive and reveal that she was behind the attack, killing Sotha Sil and unleashing his fabricants upon Mournhold. Almalexia will then proclaim that she alone will be the savior of the Dunmer people, and intends on killing Vivec to achieve that goal, just prior to attacking you.
- The Mad God: Find the supposedly mad Sotha Sil in his hidden Clockwork City for Almalexia.
- Sotha Sil is not technically an NPC or creature, but rather an activatable asset (similar to a door or button) and therefore cannot be resurrected through console commands or other means.
- Like the other Tribunal, he is depicted in shrine tapestries and the stone carvings on the Ghostfence.
- Sotha Sil re-appears in ESO and TES Legends. His appearance is rather different as he wears a robe and does not yet have robotic legs, though his mask bears some similarities to the one he wears in Tribunal.
- The events preluding his death are also expanded upon. In ESO, dialogue with Sotha Sil reveals that he has the capability to analyze every possible scenario of a situation and predict the future. One of the main preset threat detections to the Clockwork City is called "Prospect Almalexia", with Sil himself saying "Almalexia does what she does because she cannot do otherwise. It will not end well. But then, even the best endings rarely bring joy." (a slight foreshadowing of his fate).
- In the Return to Clockwork City story of Legends, it is revealed that Sotha Sil created a new source of energy called the Mechanical Heart to power the city after his inevitable death, and was protecting its chamber moments before Almalexia killed him.