|Firewatch (lore page)|
|Added by: Tamriel Rebuilt|
|Region: Dagon Urul|
Firewatch is a city that acts as the seat of Imperial power in the Dagon Urul region. Moreover, it is a symbol of Imperial might and culture in this most remote corner of Tamriel. Firewatch is entirely fortified, and features a very tall lighthouse, an impressive keep, and a rich College. The city itself is divided into multiple districts.
The city dates back almost to the Treaty of the Armistice, over 400 years ago, and has seen a strong growth (and late decline) during that period, as aptly detailed in the book, Firewatch: A History. The Imperials built their capital in the Telvannis District in the Imperial style to accommodate all the offices and infrastructure of Empire, and the grimy shore-fort, battered by wind, wave, dust, and ash sprung up along the Inner Sea.
For more information, see the lore article.
The Old Fortress is composed of the Ember Keep, the Drakelight Beacon, the Dustmoth Legion Garrison, and the large docks complex.
Located between the southeast and northeast gates. The Queen's Cutlass inn and the Guild of Fighters are located in this quarter.
Located in the northern and uphill part of the town, the Vaynth Quarter contains the best shops, some rich manors, the Briricca Private Bank, the College, and the Guild of Mages.
Located in the south side of the town, Uriel's Quarter are the slums of Firewatch. It was was built to house the veterans of the disastrous invasion of Akavir led by Uriel Septim V that names the quarter. The Thieves Guild are located there.
As a safe Imperial port and a wealthy city in its own right, Firewatch maintains a busy harbor. At present, several vessels are docked. One such, The Silver Serpent, is a relatively permanent fixture, acting as a inn primarily for sailors and those strapped for coin. A galleon of the Imperial Navy, TEM Saber of the Straits, is moored here, as is The Brazen Maiden. This latter vessel is not here entirely on its own terms - it suffered damage coming into port, and has stayed behind to initiate legal action against those it believes responsible.
Duchess Perulia Jandacia holds seat in the massive tower of the Ember Keep. The castle plays host to three separate garrisons. The keep's guards are headed by the duchess's daughter, Frascia Jandcia [sic], while the knightly Order of Firewatch is led by Senillos Tulnus, who stands by the duchess's side. Thromil Rufus leads the Dustmoth Legion that maintains order within the town, although the Dusters are renowned for their corrupt and licentious behavior - a state of affairs that the newly arrived Darnell is determined to challenge.
Galan Brandt and Gindaman are the stewards for the Guild of Fighters and Guild of Mages respectively. Theurgist Tarom is the senior cleric at the Grand Chapel of Akatosh - his relatively peaceful demeanour should fool no-one, as he once led the people in restoring order during the days of the Imperial Simulacrum.
Other notables include the headmaster of the College of Firewatch, Jeanette Sitte; Tania Rautrine, Knight Commodore of the Imperial Navy, and Zaren Hammebenat, the Factor of the East Empire Company. Representatives of more secret organisations, such as the Thieves Guild (headed by Fitz-Fitz at The Howling Noose), the Blades and Twin Lamps can also be found in town.
For a complete list, see People in Firewatch.
Getting There and Around
From Vvardenfell, the quickest way to the city is to use a Divine Intervention spell or scroll while around Tel Mora. Shipmasters offer travel lines with Nivalis, Helnim, Sadrith Mora and Dagon Fel. A road leads east, then north, to the Boethian Mountains, where it forks northwards to Bal Oyra and southeastwards to Ranyon-ruhn and Llothanis through a canyon. If one travels along the sandy hills on the coast south of Firewatch, then they may see Tel Oren on its archipelago. The northern gate leads to untamed wilderness.
Places of Interest Around Firewatch
- The Velothi tower of Nassudan lies in the wilderness north of Firewatch.
- The Murahn-Cithal Mine is found just near the place where the road from the South Gate turns towards the north.
- Breaking Some Eggs: Resolve a breach of contract for a swindled merchant.
- The Potion Seller's Past: Handle a harasser of the city's apothecary.
- Find Mashug gro-Dugal: Find out what happened to a guild member on his last mission.
- Burglary in Nivalis: Investigate a series of burglaries for a Nivalis shopkeeper.
- Coladia Nelus' Stalker: Get rid of a stalker who has been bothering a resident of Firewatch.
- Bounty on Gamras Silni: Go bounty hunting for the Order of Firewatch.
- Manrizache: Help some archaeologists on an excavation.
- Proactive Protection: Secure new contracts for the Fighters Guild.
- Blessing for a Beast: Provide respite to a poorly guar.
- Render unto Tiber: Gilara Renus has some tasks for you to do before she'll give the cult a donation...
- The Blood Mage: Put an end to an army of the dead.
- The Ring of Respite: Retrieve a sacred artifact from Windbreaker Keep.
- The Star Wound: Explain the birth of Tamriel's largest volcano.
- The Sword of Taldeus: Discover the resting place of a saint's holy blade.
- Shipment to Nivalis: Courier a message from commander to commodore.
- Exotic Fauna: Help confiscated skooma make it to a Legion lockup.
- Naval Negotiations: Commandeer more contraband for the Dustmoth Legion.
- Taxing the Poor: It's a fine day, citizen - pay up.
- A Sweet Deal: In a Helnim basement, something sweet may be about to turn sour.
- The Templar's Trifles: Recruit a Templar to the Dustmoth Legion.
- Death or Dishonor: Fight as the commander's champion in a duel of honor.
- Traitor in Onimushili: Hunt down a legionnaire turned cultist.
- Confrontation at Pahunsabi: Champion or Commander? It's time to choose.
- Lady's Mantle: Collect a rare Colovian plant.
- Delivery for Dagmund: An uplifting tale in farflung Nivalis.
- The Ring of Ineptitude: Locate a powerful ring located in an ancestral tomb.
- Counterintelligence: Even a mage can know too much.
- Kill Shalath Abkala: Enter a necromancer's volcanic hideaway.
- The Tower of the Enchantress: Seek a rare scroll in the halls of a mysterious sorceress.
- Yamandalkal: Parley with a lord of Oblivion.
- Double Agent: Subvert a Telvanni spy.
- The Pawns of the Outer Planes: Banish a meddling Dremora Lord.
- Cyrodiilic Brandy: Get some Cyrodiilic Brandy as a personal request.
- Friela Antoni's Candlesticks: Repossess Friela Antoni's candlesticks.
- Hrongal's Dagger: Snatch a blade from a drunken Nord.
- Letter to Selura: Filch kompromat on a court mage.
- Devil Cephalopod Helm: Fitz-Fitz wants this expensive helmet and you should steal it.
- The Stone of Septimia: It belonged to a museum!
- Find the Helnim Gang: Track down an independent gang of thieves in Helnim.
- A Clannfear in Firewatch: Help an exasperated Wood Elf shake off a suitor's unwanted expressions of affection.
- College of Firewatch: Enrollment: Enrol at a prestigious institution.
- Double Meaning: Deliver a message to a Telvanni envoy.
- Gummidge: An old commoner has lost something... but what exactly?
- Miner Problems: Investigate a problem with some diamond miners.
- Out of Order: Address a legal case against a knightly order.
- Sugar and Spice: Intervene in an old veteran's struggle.
- A Tighter Fit: Assist a dyeing business.
THE OLD FORTRESS