Firewatch is one of the eight-major cities in the province of Morrowind, found on the northern tip of the Telvanni Peninsula, on the shores of the Sea of Ghosts. The city acquires its name because it is the closest city to the giant volcano of Red Mountain on the mainland. It provides a grand vista from the safety of its walls, but not without its own inner dangers.
A witch of Molag Bal once made an assassination attempt on the heir of Firewatch using poison, but this ended in failure. During the Imperial Simulacrum in the late Third Era, the city-state of Firewatch was an active settlement. It was ruled by Queen Vaynth and it had a rivalry with Ebonheart. Firewatch was neighbored by several settlements, including Glen Haven to the east, Helnim Wall to the southeast, and Old Run to the southwest.
- In an early concept map of Morrowind, Firewatch is shown to be a territory of House Telvanni. It is also the only city from Arena to downsize into a smaller one, seemingly replaced by a large city called Port Telvannis.[UOL 1]
- Arena was originally conceived as a fighting game featuring a tournament that took the player to each of Tamriel's cities to challenge different gladiatorial teams. According to a file from that stage of development left behind in the final game, Firewatch's gladiatorial team would have been called "the Blood Mages".[UOL 2]
- Map of Morrowind — The Elder Scrolls: Arena
- Firewatch location and rumors in Arena
- Invocation of Azura — Sigillah Parate
Note: the following references are not from official sources. They are included to provide a rounder background to this article, but may not reflect established lore.