Skyrim: The Sweep Job
|This page is currently being rewritten as part of the Skyrim Quest Redesign Project.
The page is being rewritten and checked in several stages. All users are welcome to make changes to the page. If you make a change that is relevant to the project, please update this template accordingly, and make sure you have observed the project guidelines.
- Talk to Vex in The Ragged Flagon about sweep jobs.
- Enter the targeted house and steal the items she names.
- Return them to Vex for a reward.
After joining the Thieves Guild, Vex will tell you that she handles all the burglary, shill, sweep, and heist jobs. Ask her for a sweep job and she will inform you that one of Skyrim's citizens has three items that the guild covets.
Steal the three items that she specifies from the provided location, and return them to Vex for a leveled gold reward. The items are found in three different locations in the house, sitting out on shelves or tables. Your quest objective will update each time you obtain one of the required items. The possible items are:
- Golden Ship Model
- Golden Urn
- Jeweled Candlestick
- Jeweled Flagon
- Jeweled Goblet
- Jeweled Pitcher
- Ornate Drinking Horn
The quest can send you to any wealthy house in the game, which amounts to 29 possible houses. You may be assigned the same location more than once.
You must not be caught and sent to jail while the quest is active, for any reason, otherwise you will fail the quest; you also cannot kill anyone living in the house.
- If one of the house's occupants dies for any reason while the quest is active (even if you are not responsible), you will fail the quest.
- One of the three items appears in the same location as where the item for The Burglary Job is placed. The only effective difference between this quest and The Burglary Job is that this quest requires two additional items to be stolen from the house.
- If you get arrested in a hold that is not where the house is located, the quest still fails.
- If you have already participated in the quest Battle for Whiterun it becomes impossible to enter some homes in Whiterun (the entrance to Heimskr's House is always blocked, while others should clean up after some time has passed). However, they can still be assigned as a possible quest destination.
- This bug is fixed by version 1.1 of the Unofficial Skyrim Patch.
- Quit the job and retake it for another location (you can load a previous save to avoid a failed quest if you wish).
- You can use the console command
coc, followed by the editor id of the house.
- If you cancel a sweep quest, the items don't disappear from the house which can cause some overlap problems if the quest is assigned to that house again. If a jeweled goblet is a target and a golden urn was previously placed, the goblet will be unable to be picked up.
- This bug is fixed by version 1.3.3 of the Unofficial Skyrim Patch.
- You can use the console command
MarkForDelete, then target the golden urn, this should reveal the jeweled goblet.
|The Sweep Job (TGRHC)|
|Stage||Finishes Quest||Journal Entry|
|10||I've been told to clear <Alias=WealthyHome> in <Alias=City> of valuables. I need to complete this job without killing any of the location's residents or getting caught and spending time in jail.
Objective 10: Clear <Alias=WealthyHome> in <Alias=City> of valuables (<Global=TGRHCValuablesStolen>/3)
|50||I've cleared <Alias=WealthyHome> in <Alias=City> of valuables.
Objective 20: Return the valuables to Vex
|200||I've successfully completed the job and received my share of the pay.|
|250||By killing a resident at the task's location, I've failed this job and was forced to forfeit my share of the pay.|
|During the course of this task, I was arrested and sent to the local jail. I've therefore failed the job and was forced to forfeit my share of the pay.|
|Before the task could be completed, I decided to quit. I've therefore failed the job and forfeited any pay I might have received.|
- The following empty quest stages were omitted from the table: 5.