Skyrim:The Heist Job
|This page is currently being rewritten as part of the Skyrim Quest Redesign Project.
The page is being rewritten and checked in several stages. All users are welcome to make changes to the page. If you make a change that is relevant to the project, please update this template accordingly, and make sure you have observed the project guidelines.
- Talk to Vex in The Ragged Flagon about heist jobs.
- Enter the targeted store and break into its strongbox.
- Return the item to Vex.
The item is a randomly-selected gem or unenchanted piece of jewelry (circlet, necklace, or ring); see Leveled Lists for full details. It is always found in the store's strongbox, which is protected with a leveled lock. The strongbox will also contain a random amount of gold (if you have not previously looted it), which can also be stolen to supplement your quest reward.
The quest can send you any one of 28 possible stores. You may be assigned the same location more than once.
You must not be caught and sent to jail while the quest is active, for any reason, otherwise you will fail the quest; you also cannot kill anyone living in the store (successfully completing a brawl is considered a killing). Once you have retrieved the item, return to Vex for a leveled gold reward.
- If one of the store's occupants dies for any reason while the quest is active (even if you are not responsible), you will fail the quest.
- If you complete No One Escapes Cidhna Mine while this quest is active in Markarth, you will fail the quest because it counts as an arrest.
- Taking all the items in the strongbox via the "take all" command also seems to update bedlam jobs, even if there is not 500 gold worth of items in the strongbox.[verification needed]
- If the stolen item has the same FormID as another item in your inventory, it is possible for the wrong item to be removed from the inventory upon quest completion. For example, if the quest object is a stolen emerald ring and you are also wearing an enchanted emerald ring, the enchanted ring may be removed instead of the stolen ring upon handing in the quest. You may also be stuck with stolen item that is marked as a "quest item", making all such items undroppable and unsellable (although, if you get arrested, it will be taken along with all other stolen items).
|The Heist Job (TGRSL)|
|Stage||Finishes Quest||Journal Entry|
|10||I've been told to retrieve the <Alias=ItemToGet> from <Alias=Business> in <Alias=City>. I need to complete this job without killing any of the location's residents or getting caught and spending time in jail.
Objective 10: Retrieve the <Alias=ItemToGet> from <Alias=Business> in <Alias=City>
|50||I've been told to retrieve the <Alias=ItemToGet> from <Alias=Business> in <Alias=City>.
Objective 20: Return the <Alias=ItemtoGet> to Vex
|200||I've successfully completed the job and received my share of the pay.|
|250||By killing a resident at the task's location, I've failed this job and was forced to forfeit my share of the pay.|
|During the course of this task, I was arrested and sent to the local jail. I've therefore failed the job and was forced to forfeit my share of the pay.|
|Before the task could be completed, I decided to quit. I've therefore failed the job and forfeited any pay I might have received.|
- The following empty quest stages were omitted from the table: 0.