||Fire and Forget
|Appears in random loot at level
|Purchase from (Destruction lvl 40+)
- For 60 seconds nearby opponents take 8 points of shock damage and half magicka damage
Lightning Cloak is an adept level Destruction spell that surrounds the caster in shock, causing shock damage to the health and magicka of any enemies within melee range.
- You can only have one Cloak spell of any kind active at a time. Casting a second will cancel the first.
- It is a 'smart' spell and does not damage NPCs or followers.
- Dual casting significantly increases its range (4.84 times the covered area), but does not increase damage.
- The spell will continue to the end of its duration even if you sheathe your weapons. It even operates under water, making it an effective means of dealing with slaughterfish, since you can't use other attacks or spells while swimming.
- One strategy for using this spell is to cast it and then simply run in tight circles around your enemies. They may be unable to keep up and get a hit in, and the lightning will slowly take them out. This is particularly effective against spellcasters, as it will also deplete their magicka.
- With the Disintegrate perk, an active Lightning Cloak will instantly kill any nearby enemies who fall below 15% HP.
- If you cast and hold a dual-cast only spell while a cloak spell is active, it will increase the damage the cloak does. ?