Online:The Seeker's Archive (quest)
- Activate the northwestern, northeastern, and southwestern beams.
- Talk to Ibrula inside the Seeker's Archive.
- Find the shrine of a Daedric Prince.
- Use the shrine.
- Talk to Ibrula.
Accessing the Temple
When you first visit the Seeker's Archive, Ibrula will approach you and ask you to help her enter the temple. It seems that the Celestial Warrior's Anka-Ra have sealed the entrance to the temple and have actively begun to keep watch over the site, preventing anyone from approaching. She also claims that the Seeker's Archive holds the secret to defeating the Celestials.
To help Ibrula enter the Seeker's Archive, you need to activate the northwestern, northeastern, and southwestern beams around the ruins. These beams are guarded by elite Anka-Ra warriors named Kareth of Shadows, Pharethil the Unbanding and Sihadid, requiring you to (probably) defeat them first before you can access the temple. Once you activate all three beams, the entrance to the temple finally unlocks, allowing you to enter the ruins.
Once you enter the temple, Ibrula reveals that the temple is actually a shrine to Hermaeus Mora, the Daedric Prince of Knowledge and that she is one of his followers, known as "Seekers". She believes Hermaeus Mora will give her the knowledge needed to defeat the Celestials in exchange for a rare relic she had procured from the Dragontail Mountains.
The path to the shrine is barred by numerous Dremora and scamps, seemingly summoned to defend against intruders. As you make your way through the temple, you'll reach a hole in the floor with a body of water beneath. Irbula claims that the shrine is in the deepest depths of the temple, requiring you to leap into the water to reach it.
Once you reach the shrine, you'll notice that it is guarded by a powerful watcher. You can either defeat it or sneak past it. Either way, you've finally reach the shrine. Irbula offers the relic she mentioned earlier, which pleases Mora, who then allows you to ask him how to defeat the Celestials. Mora reveals that he was the one who is responsible for the state of the Anka-Ra, due to a pact he had made with Emperor Tarish-Zi. In exchange for binding his army to him, Tarish-Zi pledged to build the Seeker's Archive in honor of Hermaeus Mora, and to dedicate his Anka-Ra to the defense of the site. The reappearance of the Anka-Ra means that Tarish-Zi has also risen. Tarish-Zi must be defeated if you hope to stop the Anka-Ra. If you want to learn how to defeat the risen emperor, Mora demands that you bring him relics from Craglorn's lost histories in exchange for more knowledge.
Talk to Ibrula once more to complete the quest. She agrees to serve Hermaeus Mora and will continue looking for lost knowledge, in hopes that it will help defeat the Celestials.
- At the top of the shrine on the left is Ibrula's Journal.
- At the end of the quest, Hermaeus Mora requests that you bring him historical relics from around Craglorn. This unlocks the follow-up quests Message Unknown, Strange Lexicon, and Gem of the Stars.
- In fact, you don't have to defeat the boss-level surface monsters to switch the three beams on. If they have been defeated by another player, leaving their plinths vacant, you can activate the beam without needing to fight.
- And even if the boss IS present - and other enemies that accompany it - you can switch the beam on as long as you are not personally "in combat" at the moment of attempting to switch the beam on, and not interrupted by combat for a few seconds afterwards. Invisibility potions or extremely good sneaking may work here.
- None of the bosses inside Seeker's Archive have to be fought either: it is possible to walk around the "Glaring Eye" final boss at a sufficient distance without alerting it at all (especially if you can sneak past other enemies), and the side-boss Rykuna, in a side chamber, is completely ignorable and in fact don't even drop anything useful anyway. You will however probably have to fight several powerful trash packs that are not avoidable - unless sneaking through them under an invisibility potion works.
|The Seeker's Archive|
|Finishes Quest||Journal Entry|
|The temple door is sealed. I should look for a way to activate the beams that open the temple door.
Objective: Activate Northeastern Beam
Objective: Activate Northwestern Beam
Objective: Activate Southwestern Beam
|I found the seals to activate the beams and open the temple door. Now I should go to the center of the ruin and enter the temple.
Objective: Enter the Temple
|I entered the temple. Ibrula wishes to speak to me.I should hear what she has to say.
Objective: Talk to Ibrula
|I'm inside the temple. Now I should find Hermaeus Mora's shrine. Ibrula says it's located in the deepest part of the temple.
Objective: Reach Hermaeus Mora's Shrine
|Ibrula believes that the Daedric Prince of Knowledge, Hermaeus Mora, possesses secret knowledge about how to defeat the Celestials. I should approach his statue and talk to him.
Objective: Talk to Hermaeus Mora's Statue
|Hermaeus Mora revealed secret information concerning the origins of the Anka Ra, but he refuses to reveal more unless I bring him an offering. I should ask Ibrula what he means.
Objective: Talk to Ibrula