The UESPWiki – Your source for The Elder Scrolls since 1995
- "Welcome to Balmora, Outlander.
House Redoran governs this town and asks all citizens and visitors alike to abide by it's laws and regulations. We brook no trouble, especially from those who espouse different beliefs and traditions."
- Are you somebody important?
- "Important? I suppose that depends upon who you ask. My husband thinks so.
I'm the treasurer her in Balmora. My job requires that I record all important transactions regarding Redoran finances and balance everything to the last gold piece."
- Your husband?
- "Councilor Eris, who oversees Redoran operations in the Balmora region. Our family is one of the most respected in the House. I'm surprised you haven't heard of us... wherever you come from.
Now if you don't mind, I have a lot of work to do."
Fleeing the Past
If you've started the quest, you can ask her:
- So Veya is your daughter?
- "Hmm. You must be one of the freelancers my husband sent for. You really should speak with him if you're here about our daughter.
Now if you'll excuse me, I really am quite busy."
After speaking to the councilor about finding Veya:
- "I couldn't help overhearing your conversation with my husband. We share the same office, after all. Thank you for agreeing to look for our daughter.
But know that Veya is headstrong. I say this from experience. I am her mother, after all."
- Can you tell me anything else about Veya that may help me find her?
- "She stormed out of the house after a heated argument with her father. Nothing unusual in that. But when she didn't return... well, that's when both her father and I started to worry."
- What was the argument about?
- "I... I'd rather not talk about that. It's a private matter concerning the family.
The relevant fact remains that my daughter took her most cherished possessions and left home. I'm worried that she's going to do something that can't be undone."
- What do you think Veya is going to do?
- "As I said, Veya is headstrong. Confident. Perhaps too confident. She might join the Morag Tong just to spite her father. Or run off to fight in the war. Something reckless along those lines.
Please, do what you can and find my daughter."
If you have information about Veya and haven't spoken to Eris, she'll say:
- "If you learned anything relating to the whereabouts of my daughter, please talk to my husband. He's been anxiously awaiting your return."
After speaking to Eris, she'll instead say:
- "My husband has more faith than I do. I fear that despite your best efforts, Veya will refuse to meet with him, let alone return home.
Still, I appreciate your work on our behalf."
- Can you remind me about what's going on here?
- "You agreed to work for my husband, Councilor Eris of House Redoran. We want you to find our daughter, Veya, and make sure she returns home.
During your first excursion, you discovered that Veya had joined Naryu Virian and the Morag Tong."
- Remind me, what's the Morag Tong?
- "A cult of sanctioned murderers for hire. They serve a purpose, but I have no use for them. Naryu said she wouldn't allow a meeting unless Eris dismissed his hired help—all but you, that is.
I just want Veya to come home. I miss my daughter."