|Location||Darkshade Caverns II|
- What Was Lost: Help Shatasha investigate Dwemer ruins.
Shatasha can be met at the entrance to the Darkshade Caverns.
- "What in Oblivion happened here?"
- Who're you?
- "I'm Shatasha, a Dwemer specialist from the Mages Guild. I was supposed to meet Nervyna Selos, the proprietor of these mines, here at the entrance.
Instead, all I've found is dead kwama.
- What were you meeting here for?
- "I was invited to survey some Dwemer ruins that Nervyna claimed she discovered within the mine.
Looks like they dug up other things too, judging from these corpses. Will you help me find Nervyna? It doesn't seem safe to go alone."
- Let's find Nervyna. I'll go in first.
When coming across some surviving miners:
- Shatasha: "Over here! They appear to be in some sort of catatonic state."
- Shatasha: "Something's wrong here....
After you kill the first group of miners:
- Shatasha: "Why would they attack us? Don't they know we're here to help?"
Afterwards the group will find some highly aggressive kwama:
- Shatasha:"Sweet Mara, look at them...someone's going to have to fight through that."
- Shatasha: "Something has altered these kwama. I've never seen anything like it. They're as aggressive as the miners...."
- Shatasha: "I'm going to stay right here. For...tactical reasons.
I have full confidence in your ability to handle this"
Once the Transmuted Hive Lord is killed, Nervyna will arrive and start a conversation with Shatasha.
- Nervyna Selos: "Hey! A little help here!"
- Shatasha: Are you all right? I was sent by the Mages Guild to help."
- Nervyna Selos: "I know. I'm the one who sent for you. Did me a whole lot of good."
- About time someone showed up...have we met before? Yes! You're the one who caught that rat, Tervur!
- Shatasha: "You mentioned Dwemer ruins in your message. Where might they be?"
- Nervyna Selos: "Further down the tunnels, beyond the door. That's where the kwama first broke through."
When coming across the transmuted netch before being attacked.
- Shatasha: "Amazing! Do you know what this is? This is Rkugamz!"
- Shatasha: "That poor Netch. It must have been wounded by the Dwemer constructs."
- Nervyna Selos: "Stand back. We don't know what it's capable of."
- Shatasha: "It's a Netch. They're the most docile—"
- <Grobull zaps them both, paralysing them.>
Shatasha has an explanation for events in the mine once the groups reaches the Dwemer Engine entrance.
- Shatasha: "I think the Engine is the cause of what we've witnessed here.
Legend has it that the Dwemer left Rkugamz centuries before they themselves vanished from Tamriel. They embarked on an exodus from the city when the Aedra supposedly cursed their masterwork, the Great Engine. If I'm correct, this explains much.
We have to find the Engine. If we disable it, the ruins will be safe to explore."
Speaking to her before fighting The Engine Guardian:
- "You'll have to go on alone. Find the Engine. Destroy it.
Surveying these ruins will have to wait."
The mage can be spoken with once The Engine Guardian is destroyed.
- "I felt the magicka shockwave from here. I take it you destroyed the Engine?"
- Yes. It's won't trouble the mine any longer.
- "Thank the Divines. I don't even want to think what might have happened if the Engine's affliction has spread outside of the caverns.
Thank you for your help. We can handle it from here. Barring any more attacks from the cavern wildlife."
- Very well.
After What Was Lost has been completed, Shatasha can be asked further questions.
- "I quiver like a leaf in the wind to think of what we'll learn from these ruins.
We'll be careful, of course. It would be unfortunate to allow something like this to happen again."
- Tell me about Rkugamz.
- "Legend has it that the Dwemer left Rkugamz centuries before they themselves vanished from Tamriel. They embarked on an exodus from the city when the Aedra supposedly cursed their masterwork, the Great Engine.
If I'm correct, this explains much."
- What do you mean?
- "I think the Engine is the cause of what we've witnessed here. I would like to study it in detail, but we'll have to deactivate it, perhaps destroy it.
We are fortunate to have avoided the miners' fate—so far. We should hurry."
- This ended well for you, then?
- "This is the sort of find that makes careers.
Soon, I'll be an expert on one of the lost Dwemer cities. I can quit spellcrafting and lecture at the local Guild hall until I retire."