Online:Shade of Belanaril
|Shade of Belanaril|
|Location||Southwest platform, Cloudrest Aerie, Cloudrest|
|Leveled gold, Poison Solvents
Armor pieces from Aegis of Galenwe, Arms of Relequen, Mantle of Siroria and Vestment of Olorime
Armor pieces from Perfect Aegis of Galenwe, Perfect Arms of Relequen, Perfect Mantle of Siroria and Perfect Vestment of Olorime
The Shade of Belanaril is a shadowy clone of the Welkynar gryphon Belanaril, created by Z'Maja. It will summoned after the Shade of Relequen enters combat, who together serve as an optional boss, though defeating them will make the battle with Z'Maja easier.
- Woe of the Welkynars: Help a Gryphon Knight defeat a powerful Sea Sload sorceress and save Cloudrest.
Skills and Abilities
- Voltaic Overload
- The Shade of Belanaril will rear back onto her hind legs and unleashes Voltaic Overload, which inflicts a player with a damage-over-time effect. This effect is displayed as a blue circle at the player's feet. Overload causes the weapon the player is currently holding to deal constant lightning damage. To overcome this mechanic, players must swap to their secondary weapon for at least ten seconds until the effect wears off. Failure to swap weapons (or swapping back before the effect has worn off) is fatal to both the player and nearby allies.
- Gryphon Claws
- The Shade of Belanaril will swipe her target with her claws when she is grounded.
- Gryphon Bleed
- This is more of a problem on Veteran difficulty. When the Shade of Belanaril light attacks you with her claws, she will apply a bleed DoT that stacks every time she light attacks you. She shares this ability with the other Gryphon Shades.
- Take Flight
- As the Shade of Belanaril is preparing to swap into "Flight Phase," a massive AOE will begin to spread on the ground beneath her, knocking back any players standing within. The tell for this ability is when she crouches, giving several preparatory flaps of her wings before swooping upwards.
- Gusts of Wind
- When Belanaril's Shade is airborne, she will dip down and swoop back up, whipping up small "tornadoes" in her passing. These gusts CC players that they hit.