Morrowind:Telvanni at Odirniran
|This quest page is currently being rewritten as part of the Morrowind Overhaul Project.
The page is being rewritten and checked in several stages. All users are welcome to make changes to the page. If you make a change that is relevant to the project, please update this template accordingly, and make sure you have observed the project guidelines.
For the related House Telvanni quest, see Odirniran (quest).
- Speak to Edryno Arethi for business.
- Travel to Odirniran to help any Hlaalu survivors.
- Speak to their leader, Remasa Othril, to learn that her sister has been captured.
- Kill Milyn Faram and rescue Vedelea Othril.
- Return to Edryno Arethi.
Edryno Arethi in her house on the Hlaalu Waistworks in Vivec will ask you to help any survivors who are fighting an evil Telvanni mage at Odirniran, east of Molag Mar. The cave entrance is on the same peninsula where the Shrine of Azura is found, west from that location.
Travel to Odirniran
If you have not yet completed that quest, the shortest way is to take a boat from Vivec to Molag Mar. Odirniran is due south of Nchurdamz, which Edryno Arethi should have marked on your map, and due west from the Shrine of Azura. It is significantly further from Molag Mar and the terrain is much rougher.
Helping the Survivors
There are survivors, a good number of them, and they seem to be doing relatively well for themselves. Speak to their leader, Remasa Othril, and you'll learn that her sister, Vedelea Othril, has been captured by the sorcerer, Milyn Faram. Vedelea can be found in a locked cell (Milyn Faram has the key on him) and will not follow you until the sorcerer, upstairs in the tower, has been killed. Escort Vedelea back to her sister, Remasa Othril.
Return to Vivec
Return to Arethi in Vivec to complete the quest and receive a 500 gold reward for killing Faram, and another 500 gold if you successfully rescued Vedelea. You also receive five points of Hlaalu faction reputation and Arethi's disposition increases by 15, with an extra five points of each if you rescued Vedelea.
- As long as you are in the area, you might want to visit the Shrine of Azura.
- In the room with Farare Othril's body, be sure to pick up the Ancient Dagoth Brandy worth 1500 gold on the wine rack next to the body.
- If you are a member of both house Telvanni and house Hlaalu (via the Hlaalu Hortator glitch), and want to do both quests involving Odirniran, then you need to do the Telvanni version first- while you can kill Milyn Faram and return to Vivec without talking to Remasa Othril for the Hlaalu quest, you need to talk to Milyn in order to complete the Telvanni version.
The following Quest_ID and Index codes can be used with the
Journal Console command to manually update the quest to a certain point.
|Telvanni at Odirniran (HH_Odirniran)|
|Index||Finishes Quest||Journal Entry|
|10||Edryno Arethi asked me to secure Odirniran for House Hlaalu. I should go there and speak with any survivors. If there are no survivors, I should find and kill the Telvanni responsible.|
|30||Remasa Othril told me that one Telvanni necromancer is hiding somewhere in Odirniran. I must find this necromancer and kill him. The necromancer also took a hostage, Vedelea Othril. If she still lives, I should escort her back to Remasa Othril.|
|50||Vedelea Othril agreed to follow me back to Remasa Othril.|
|70||Vedelea Othril made it safely back to Remasa Othril.|
|80||I told Remasa that her sister, Vedelea, was dead.|
|90||Remasa Othril thanked me for rescuing Vedelea Othril and slaying the necromancer.|
|100||Edryno Arethi thanked me for securing Odirniran.|
|Prev: Escort Tarvyn Faren||Up: House Hlaalu Quests||Next: Exterminator|