|This quest page is currently being rewritten as part of the Morrowind Overhaul Project.
The page is being rewritten and checked in several stages. All users are welcome to make changes to the page. If you make a change that is relevant to the project, please update this template accordingly, and make sure you have observed the project guidelines.
For the Fighters Guild quest of the same name, see Exterminator (Fighters).
- Speak to Edryno Arethi for business.
- Travel to St. Olms to help Yngling Half-Troll with some diseased rats.
- Kill the diseased rats among his prized game rats.
- Return to Edryno Arethi.
Edryno Arethi in her house on the Hlaalu Waistworks in Vivec will ask you to kill some diseased rats which have been planted among Yngling Half-Troll's prized game rats in Yngling Manor, St. Olms Plaza in Vivec.
Killing the Rats
The rats are in the basement of the manor and are all mingling closely together, so be careful not to accidentally kill any regular game rats, just the diseased ones (you can still complete the quest if you kill only one good rat though). Fortunately, the diseased rats should attack you, while the regular game rats will not. Therefore, you may be able to lead the diseased rats away, to avoid accidentally striking any of the others.
Return for your Reward
Return to Arethi in Hlaalu canton to complete the quest. If you kill more than one game rat, your reward is greatly reduced (only 1 gold instead of 1000 gold).
- If you have killed Yngling Half-Troll prior to activating this quest (which is not unlikely, given that some people even suggest that you do so during the Hlaalu Hortator quest), Edryno Arethi will just tell you to forget about it and you go straight on to the next quest. You won't receive any reward, of course.
- Arethi will thank you for sparing "most" of the game rats even if you spared them all.
- Arethi may not acknowledge the blighted rats are dead. If this is the case, the quest is stuck at the first stage.
- Use the console command
PlaceAtPC rat_cave_hhte2 1 1 1to spawn more blighted game rats and kill them.
- Use the console command
The following Quest_ID and Index codes can be used with the
Journal Console command to manually update the quest to a certain point.
|Index||Finishes Quest||Journal Entry|
|10||Edryno Arethi told me that Yngling Half-Troll raises game rats for the Arena. A competitor has placed diseased rats among Yngling's game rats. I must go to Yngling Manor in the St. Olms Plaza and kill the diseased rats, but spare the prized game rats.|
|100||Edryno Arethi thanked me for killing the diseased rats in Yngling Manor.|
|200||I told Edryno Arethi that Yngling Half-Troll is dead.|
|Prev: Telvanni at Odirniran||Up: House Hlaalu Quests||Next: Ashlander Ebony|