Daggerfall:The Vampire Relic
- Receive a parchment from a vampire and read it.
- Travel to the town named in the parchment.
- Enter the local Mages Guild and steal a vampire relic.
- Make your escape and meet the vampire in another town.
- Give the relic to the vampire within the time limit.
When your bloodline requires your assistance, they contact you (in a rather unconventional fashion):
- A rolled parchment on the ground catches your eye. As you take a closer look, you are astonished to see that it is addressed to you.
Open up the note and read it:
- My dear (player's first name),
- We have a small task for you to perform to
- prove your resolution to be one of us. There is
- a (vampire relic) of ours sequestered like a
- bit of trite incunabula in the Mages Guild of
- (first town). Liberate it from its prison
- within (time limit) days when they plan to move it
- to a more secure location.
- Once you have the (vampire relic), come to me.
- I will wait for you for (time limit) days at
- (building) in (second town). I am
- easy to recognize. Look for a (vampire's description).
- I am looking forward to making your acquaintance
- less formally, (player's first name). Do not fail to come.
- In death,
- (Vampire's name) of (bloodline)
Infiltrate the Mages Guild
After reading the parchment, travel to the town named within. Once you are there, enter the local Mages Guild. If you arrive during its normal business hours, the doors will be open. Otherwise, you will need to pick the lock or cast an Open spell to get inside.
Find the vampire relic within the Guildhall and take it. Beware, as taking the item alerts the guards; you may be set upon by a posse of mages and battlemages. Either make your escape or fight through the opposition, then travel to the town where your vampire contact is waiting.
Once in the second town, ask around to learn where your contact is staying. Head to this building and hand over the vampire relic to complete the quest.
If you deliver the vampire relic in time, your vampire contact will take it from you and say:
- "Pleased to meet you at last, (player's first name). I, of course, am (vampire's name). (Bloodline) tribe will take proper possession of the (vampire relic). Don't get any silly ideas about getting paid for this. It is an honor just to serve (bloodline)."
A successfully completed quest results in a reputation gain according to the table below.
A failed quest results in a reputation loss according to the table below.
(Allies/Enemies affiliations for listed factions are not considered.)
The Vampire Bloodline will always be the dominant bloodline of the region were the quest takes places.
- 4x One Battlemage every one in-game minute (25% chance) as soon as you pick up the vampire relic
- 2x One Mage every two in-game minutes (25% chance) as soon as pick up the vampire relic
- If you keep the vampire relic, it will remain in your inventory and won't vanish once the quest is over, unlike most quest items.
- If the building where you contact is staying is a temple, it may display as the name of the local vampire bloodline in the initial note and your quest log. The correct building can still be found by asking NPCs for the contact's location, as normal.
If you ask an NPC about your vampire contact, they may say:
- "(Vampire's name) is a member of (bloodline) tribe, a mentor to its youthlings."
- "(Vampire's name) is a fairly young member of (bloodline), but proud and strong too."
If you ask an NPC about the vampire relic, you may be told:
- "Just a (vampire relic). Not a very pretty sight."
- "A weird-looking (vampire relic)."
After you have accepted this quest, NPCs may say when asked for any news:
- "The Mages Guild is getting rid of a lot of its old useless junk, I hear."
- "I hear there's a dump where all the Mages Guilds are sending their old stuff."
If you fail the quest, NPCs may say when asked for any news:
- "With all the security at the Mages Guild, there's something worth stealing."
- "They sent that load of old dusty junk out of the Mages Guild at last."
If you successfully complete the quest, NPCs may say when asked for any news:
- "The three stars of Locanda glowed last night. That stands for unholy alliances."
- "The Mages Guild is perplexed about that burglary. Who would want that thing?"
|The Vampire Relic (p0b01l02)|
|Finishes Quest||Journal Entry|
|0||(Date): I received a letter from (vampire's name) of (second town) who has given me (time limit) nights to steal a (vampire relic) out of its secured chamber in the Mages Guild of (first town). Once the deed has been done, I am to bring the (vampire relic) to (vampire's name) at (building).|