Oblivion is a realm within the Aurbis, and is mainly inhabited by the Daedra—et'Ada who did not contribute to the creation of the Mundus.
There are at least sixteen major Planes of Oblivion, each ruled over by one of the Daedric Princes, and over 37,000 other documented planes, including chaos realms and pocket realities, although there exists far more than that. Most realms are maintained by greater Daedra, although some are ruled by mortals who have ascended to immortality—like the Ideal Masters. The realms of the Daedric Princes can be very extensive;
The 16 main Daedric planes along with the Daedric Princes they are associated with are:
- Apocrypha, Hermaeus Mora's realm.
- Ashpit, Malacath's realm.
- Coldharbour, Molag Bal's realm.
- The Colored Rooms, Meridia's realm.
- The Deadlands, Mehrunes Dagon's realm.
- The Evergloam, Nocturnal's realm.
- The Fields of Regret, Clavicus Vile's realm.
- The Hunting Grounds, Hircine's realm.
- Moonshadow, Azura's realm.
- The Myriad Realms of Revelry, Sanguine's realms.
- The Pits, Peyrites's realm.
- Quagmire, Vaermina's realm.
- The Realm of Boethia, Boethiah's realm.
- The Scuttling Void, Namira's realm.
- The Shivering Isles, Sheogorath's realm.
- The Spiral Skein, Mephala's realm.
Each plane is different in appearance, depending upon the nature of its ruler. They can range from beautiful to desolate; some are even too strange for mortal comprehension. For more information, see the Lore article on Oblivion.
In the Game, the political structure of Oblivion is as follows:
Allies & Enemies Affiliations
- In Daggerfall, Sheogorath is not associated with Oblivion in any way, he is actual an independent faction and has also no allies or enemies.
- In Daggerfall, the Night Mother and the Dark Brotherhood are associates of Mephala. So reputation gain/loss with Oblivion or Mephala influences the factions of the Dark Brotherhood, but not the Night Mother, as well.