Daggerfall:The Vampire's Letter
- Receive a letter and read it.
- Meet and speak to the vampire from your bloodline while carrying the letter.
- Receive a second letter and travel to the town where the bloodline's pawn lives.
- Meet this human pawn and deliver the second letter.
- Return to your vampire contact within the time limit for your reward.
When your vampire bloodline needs you, you receive a simple notification:
- You have received a letter.
Open the letter and read it:
- (Player's name),
- (Bloodline) summon you
- to (town). Look for
- me there and present this
- With dying breath,
- (Vampire's name)
Travel to the town mentioned in the letter and find the location of your vampire contact by asking around. Meet the vampire while you are carrying the letter and you will be given a task:
- "(Player's first name), I need you to deliver a letter to an ally of (bloodline). (Pawn's name) will wait for you for no more than (time limit) nights at (pawn's building) in (pawn's town). Do not miss the appointment. I will expect you back here in (time limit) nights. Goodbye."
Sending A Message
You now have a second letter in your possession. It reads:
- (Pawn's name),
- We have heard that once again the (ruler's title)
- is considering increasing the number of
- patrols in (region) during the night
- to combat the unexplained attacks. (ruler's title)
- (regional ruler's title) will be receiving a visitor
- from (bloodline) so this situation will
- be reasonably resolved.
- Please assist in this matter as per
- the usual plan. (Bloodline) are not
- amused that we must continually address
- this same potential problem.
- The (ruler's title)'s family has grown quite
- healthy incidentally. Not a coincidence.
- Or a situation without a remedy.
- -- (Vampire's name)
Make your way to the second town and learn where the bloodline's human pawn is located by asking around in town. Meet the pawn and deliver the letter from your vampire contact. Upon receiving the letter, the pawn will say:
- "Yes, my name is (pawn's name). Y-you must be (player's name). Tell (vampire's name) that I'll take care of everything. Make sure (he/she) knows I'm loyal. Nothing's changed. Thank you. I'll make sure everything's fine."
After you have delivered the letter, return to the vampire to collect your reward, a random magical item.
When you speak to the vampire after you have delivered the letter, you will hear:
- "Thank you for delivering that letter so promptly, (player's first name). It was rather important. I have also been busy. Take this (magical item) as a gift for a job well done."
A successfully completed quest results in a reputation gain according to the table below.
A failed quest results in a reputation loss according to the table below.
(Allies/Enemies affiliations for listed factions are not considered.)
The Vampire Bloodline will always be the dominant bloodline of the region were the quest takes places.
- Unused entries in the questfile suggest this quest was once intended to be offered by a permanent NPC, similar to the quest givers for the various guilds.
If you ask an NPC about your vampire contact, you may hear:
- "(Vampire's name)? A very charming (vampire's description) who stays at (building), I believe."
- "(Vampire's name) is that (vampire's description) at (building)."
- "(Vampire's name) is one of (bloodline) vampires."
- "(Vampire's name) is a mentor, a fairly young member of (bloodline) bloodline."
If you ask an NPC about the human pawn, you may be told:
- "(Pawn's name) is a nervous (pawn's description) at (pawn's building), (direction) of here."
- "(Pawn's name) is the name of that (pawn's description) I saw at (pawn's building). That's to the (direction)."
- "(Pawn's name) is a pawn of (bloodline) vampires, who operates out of (pawn's building).
- "That (pawn's description) is an ally of (bloodline) vampires -- (he/she) lives at (pawn's building)."
After you have accepted this quest, NPCs may say when asked for any news:
- "That (pawn's description) in (pawn's building) is waiting for someone. Someone who's arriving at night."
- "They say the (ruler's title) is finally going to do something about the vampire menace."
If you fail the quest, NPCs may say when asked for any news:
- "That nervous (pawn's description) finally left (pawn's building). Must've missed (his/her) nighttime meeting."
- "That (vampire's description) in (building) was muttering about that (player's race) (he/she)'s always with."
If you successfully complete the quest, NPCs may say when asked for any news:
- "The (regional ruler's title) apparently changed (his/her) mind about the of vampires in (region)."
- "The (regional ruler's title) was going to put more guards out at night, but changed (his/her) mind."
|The Vampire's Letter (p0b00l01)|
|Finishes Quest||Journal Entry|
|0||(Date): (Vampire's name) of (town) has summoned me to (building) on (bloodline) business.|
|1||(Date): (Vampire's name) of (bloodline) in (building), (town) has sent me to bring a letter to some sort of (pawn's description) in (pawn's town) with the unfortunate name of (pawn's name). It is apparently of great importance that I meet (him/her) at (pawn's building) no later than (time limit) nights from now.|