Daggerfall:The Temple of the Orcs
- Talk to a noble.
- Travel to the dungeon named by the noble.
- Find and kill the orc shaman.
- Travel to the city named by the noble.
- Meet the noble's cousin in the city's palace within the time limit and collect your reward.
A Temple Resurrected
Speak to a noble, who says:
- "My cousin, (cousin's name), has appealed to me for aid in a rather distasteful situation. It appears that there is a ... temple of some variety being consecrated, if that's the proper phrase for these disgusting orcish activities. Well, obviously, we need to crush it while it's budding. I am willing to go as high as (random gold) gold. Can I count on your help, (player's first name)?"
The noble goes on:
- "Thank you in advance for this, (player's first name). What I think would be the best use of your abilities is to infiltrate (dungeon) and eliminate the so-called shaman of the temple. If we can kill it before our assault in (time limit) days that would make our job much easier. When the deed is done, report to my cousin's palace in (town). (He/She)'s the one who's going to pay you for all this."
The noble answers:
- "What are you, some kind of orc-friend? (Oath), get out of my sight!"
Slaying the Shaman
Another standard dungeon crawl; go to the dungeon where the orcs are rebuilding their temple, then find the orc shaman and kill it. Be prepared, as orc shamans have powerful spells at their disposal, and like to turn invisible. When the orc shaman is killed, the following message pops up:
- You have killed the orc shaman.
Once the orc shaman is dead, exit the dungeon and travel to the city where the noble's cousin resides, and enter the city's palace. The palace will be open at all hours for the duration of the quest.
Upon a successfully completed quest the cousin will greet you:
- "Greetings to you, (player's first name). First rate job with that stinking, rancid shaman. How dare they set up one of their cannibal temples in my land! The leaderless rabble should be easier to deal with now. Here's your (random gold) gold pieces. Go wild."
If the quest was completed successfully:
|Noble you got the quest from||+5|
|Noble's associated factions||+2|
|Orsinium's associated factions||-15|
A failed quest results in a reputation loss according to the table below.
(Allies/Enemies affiliations for listed factions are not considered.)
- Random dungeon monsters
- Quest Target: One Orc Shaman
If you ask an NPC about the noble's cousin, you may be told:
- "(Cousin's description), yes? A possible ally of (noble's name) with a problem with orcs."
- "(Cousin's name) is a violent bigot when it comes to orcs."
After you have accepted this quest, NPCs may say when asked for any news:
- "There's orc community in (dungeon) that's been bothering (cousin's name)."
- "(Dungeon) was, I think, an orc temple years ago. Now they're bringing it back."
If you fail the quest, NPCs may say when asked for any news:
- "That whole orcish community got a whiff of (cousin's name) and it's moved on."
- "Poor (cousin's name) didn't get to exact his revenge on the orcs in (dungeon)."
If you successfully complete the quest, NPCs may say when asked for any news:
- "That'll teach those pig-faced degenerate cannibals to come to (region)."
- "(Random god) bless (cousin's name) and (noble's name) and that unknown (player's race) soldier."
If you successfully complete the quest, the quest giver may later greet you with:
- "Heard any good orc jokes lately? My cousin told me what a good job you did."
- "My cousin was mightily impressed with your work on that orc shaman, my friend."
If you failed the quest, the quest giver will greet you with:
- "My cousin says you didn't kill that orc shaman after all. I'm not interested in speaking on the subject anymore."
|The Temple of the Orcs (r0c10y21)|
|Finishes Quest||Journal Entry|
|0||(Date): I have (time limit) days to slay an orc shaman in (dungeon), and then get to (cousin's name)' palace in (town). (He/She) will pay me my (random gold) gold pieces for the shaman's death.|