- Talk to the Guildmagister at a Mages Guild hall.
- Travel to the dungeon the Guildmagister mentioned to you.
- Find the mummy, kill it, and retrieve the wrappings.
- Return to the Guildmagister within the time limit and collect your reward.
Speak to the Guildmagister, who says:
- "(Oath), is there anything more exasperating than the discovery that the mummy wrappings you were planning on using in a potion have gone all sort-of green? I could use the Guild's wrappings, but the recipe specifically calls for "superlatively fresh mummy wrappings," whatever that means. I don't suppose you'd be willing to scare me up some cloth off a mummy I know has more wrapping than it knows what to do with?"
- "Recipes are a daft business, (player's guild rank). I'm working on a formula that calls for a "goodly piece of (mummy's name). What is a (mummy's name)? An herb? A mineral? Well, I've researched the matter and found (mummy's name) is a mummy. Imagine that. And this particularly mummy is right here in (region). Could I talk you into going to its tomb and grabbing a piece of (mummy's name) for, say, (random gold) gold pieces?"
The Guildmagister goes on:
- "Jolly good, (player's guild title). It'll be worth (random gold) gold to you. Now this mummy's tomb is not too far away at all, so it shouldn't take you any longer than (time limit) days to get there, make your grab, and get back. Remember, it's got to be fresh -- preferably off its body. The name of the place is something like (dungeon). It's sure to be gruesome there. You might want to bring a sword or some such thing. Well, good luck, young (player's race)."
The Guildmagister answers:
- "Oh, (oath). I know it's not a swing by the local general store, but I had hoped for a little enthusiasm and adventurous whatnot."
Fresh From the Grave
This is another standard dungeon crawl. Travel to the dungeon where the mummy lives. Find it within, kill it, and retrieve the wrappings from its body. When you have them, a notification appears:
- You find the wrappings that (Guildmagister's name) wanted you to get from (mummy's name).
Return to the Mages Guild and hand over the wrappings to the Guildmagister for your reward.
When you give the wrappings to the Guildmagister, he or she will say:
- "Now that is a lovely piece of wrapping. Thanks awfully. I believe we agreed on (random gold) gold pieces, yes?"
A successfully completed quest results in a reputation gain according to the table below.
|The Mercenary Mages||+5|
A failed quest results in a reputation loss according to the table below.
(Allies/Enemies affiliations for listed factions are not considered.)
- Random dungeon monsters
- Quest Target: One Mummy
After you have accepted this quest, NPCs may say when asked for any news:
- "(Mummy's name) in (dungeon) is supposedly all that's left of an ancient (ruler's title) of (region)."
- "(Mummy's name) was supposedly a (ruler's title) in ancient (region) who was too wicked to die."
If you fail the quest, NPCs may say when asked for any news:
- "I got a boil the other day ... but it healed."
- "I just had a three hour conversation about the weather."
- "The weather is pretty usual for this time of year."
- "It seems a trifle coolish in (current locale) for this time of year."
- "It sure is a lot warmer today than this time last year."
- "My great aunt is going to a specialist across the Bay."
- "It's always funny what time it gets dark around here."
- "We should erect a war statue around here."
- "The kids these days with their magic. (Oath), I don't know."
- "I had the weirdest dream last night."
- "I heard a great joke. (Joke)"
- "(Joke) Actually, that's a joke."
- "(Joke) Can you explain that to me?"
- "The legal system in (region) has it good points and bad ones."
If you successfully complete the quest, NPCs may say when asked for any news:
- "(Mummy's name)'s reign in (region) began before the First Era and ended with you."
- "(Guildmagister's name) finally can finish (his/her) potion thanks to (mummy's name)'s contribution."
If you successfully complete the quest, the quest giver may later greet you with:
- "How are you, (player's first name)? I hope you aren't coming down with mummy rot or anything."
If you failed the quest, the quest giver will greet you with:
- "I needed that wrapping, (player's first name). It's very annoying to need something and not have it."
- Sometimes the mummy will spawn without any wrappings and you won't find any on its body once you kill it. The only way to get around this (other than intentionally failing the quest) is to exit the dungeon and re-enter, and search for the mummy all over again.
|Mummy Wrappings (n0b00y06)|
|Finishes Quest||Journal Entry|
|0||(Date): (Guildmagister's name) of the Mages Guild in (town) has sent me to (dungeon) to grab some wrappings off of a mummy named (mummy's name). I have (time limit) days to complete this quest.|