- Talk to a noble.
- Deliver the gold to the contact in the specified town.
- Return to the noble with a magical item given to you by the contact.
- Give the magical item to the noble within the time limit and collect your reward.
Speak to a noble, who says:
- "I need someone to bring an item to a contact of mine in (town). You will receive an item in return. If you bring that item back to me, I will happy to reward you with (random gold) gold pieces. Do you agree?"
The noble goes on:
- "Very good. Take this bar of gold and bring it to a certain (contact's description) called (contact's name) in a place called (building) in (town). You will need to move quickly. If you are not at (building) in (time limit) days, (contact's name) will leave, and none of us will be happy. Especially you. Very well, good luck to you, (player's first name)."
The noble answers:
- "No? What a shame. I was prepared to be quite generous."
Locating the Contact
Travel to the town where the noble's contact is waiting. You may encounter some spellswords along the way who want the gold you are carrying, and say:
- "That gold bar must be quite heavy. How about I relieve you of it? Just hand it over and I'll let you go."
If you give up the gold, the spellsword mocks your cowardice:
- "Such a brave little courier. I'll be sure to tell all my friends how helpful you can be to them."
If you hand the gold over, you will of course fail the quest. Fight your attackers or run away. Locate your contact by asking around town. Go to their location, deliver the gold, and be told:
- "Ah, you must be the courier. Excellent, excellent. Now, take this (magical item) back to (quest giver's name) immediately, and (he/she) will reward you as promised. A pleasure doing business with you, (player's first name)!"
Bring the magical item the contact gives you back to the noble.
When you return with the magical item, the noble will thank you by saying:
- "Excellent, (player's first name), you've returned with my (magical item) as promised. Your valor and bravery are great indeed. I am sure we will appreciate your further service in the near future. Thank you."
A successfully completed quest results in a reputation gain according to the table below.
|Noble you got the quest from||+5|
|Noble's associated factions||+2|
A failed quest results in a reputation loss according to the table below.
(Allies/Enemies affiliations for listed factions are not considered.)
- 5x One Spellsword every five in-game minutes (25% chance) until the bar of gold is delivered
- If you give the bar of gold to one of the pursuing spellswords, that spellsword will let you go. However, spellswords will continue to appear and attack you until the second time limit has expired.
- If you keep the magical item, it will remain in your inventory and won't vanish once the quest is over, unlike most quest items.
After you have accepted this quest, NPCs may say when asked for any news:
- "There was this (contact's description) here recently asking if I'd seen a (player's race)."
- "Some (contact's description) was looking for a (player's race) with a (gold bar) a while back."
If you fail the quest, NPCs may say when asked for any news:
- "Well, (noble's name) is, I've heard, furious at some (player's race) mercenary."
- "(Noble's name) is still relying on mercenaries and I've heard (he/she)'s been burned."
If you successfully complete the quest, NPCs may say when asked for any news:
- "I hear that (noble's name) finally got some (magical item) (he/she) needed."
- "(Noble's name) has been singing the praises of a certain (player's race) mercenary."
If you successfully complete the quest, the quest giver may later greet you with:
- "Hello again, my young friend. I haven't forgotten your services."
- "Ah, (player's first name). It's a pleasure to see you again."
If you failed the quest, the quest giver will greet you with:
- "Why, it's the inept (player's race). You have a lot of nerve coming back here."
- "Well, if it isn't the inept courier. Why don't you crawl away now, hmm?"
|Gold Smuggling (r0c10y02)|
|Finishes Quest||Journal Entry|
|0||(Date): (Noble's name) of (noble's town) sent me to a contact (contact's name) of (contact's town) to deliver a bar of gold to this (contact's description)'s base in (building). The gold needs to be in (his/her) hands in (time limit) days for me to get my due reward.|
|1||(Date): I delivered the gold to (contact's name), who gave me a (magical item) to take back to (noble's name).|