Daggerfall:Cast the Sleep Spell
- Talk to the Guildmagister at a Mages Guild hall.
- Travel to the town where the noble resides.
- Find the residence where the noble is staying and enter it.
- Use the standard circinate Sleep spell on the noble.
- Return to the Guildmagister within the time limit to collect your reward.
Up All Night
Speak to the Guildmagister, who says:
- "Noble (noble's name) has sponsored the Guild in many of our enterprises, and as we have made enemies, so has (he/she). We have word from (his/her) courier that a witch has cursed (him/her) with unending insomnia. A simple Sleep spell would cure (him/her) -- perhaps you are willing and able to cast it? I would willingly pay you (random gold) gold."
- "If you are capable of casting the standard circinate spell Sleep, a friend of the Guild is in need. (Noble's name) has been cursed and is in need of that somniferous spell. I can offer you (random gold) gold pieces in exchange for this service."
The Guildmagister goes on:
- "Very good. Now, I told the courier that we wouldn't use any spell but Sleep on (noble's name). Given (his/her) previous experience with cursed spells, you can hardly blame (him/her) for this anxiety. You'll find (noble's name) in (residence) in (town). (Noble's name) will be the well-armored one. Be certain to be back in (time limit) days, with our friend in sound sopor."
The Guildmagister answers:
- "I see. (Oath), Sleep is a relatively simple spell. It would probably do you well to learn it."
This is a rather easy quest, provided you are able to cast the standard Sleep spell. Travel to the town the Guildmagister mentioned to you and find the noble by asking around in town until you identify the residence where the noble is staying. The residence's entry door may be locked, so come prepared. Find the noble, who will appear as a common warrior. Use the standard circinate Sleep spell that you can buy from the various Spell Merchants of the Mages Guild or the Temple of Kynareth; self-made Sleep spells will not work, as the Guildmagister already said. You only need to prepare the spell; it is not necessary to cast it. Thus, you can abort the spell once the noble sleeps and conserve magicka. When the noble is affected by the spell, the following message pops up:
- (Noble's name) falls into a profound sleep, still on (his/her) feet.
Return to the Guildmagister to collect your reward.
When you return to the Guildmagister after the noble is sound asleep he will say:
- "I hear that (noble's name) dropped into sublime torpescence right on (his/her) feet. I do hope (he/she) wakes before next New Life. As for you, my fine (player's race), you have certainly earned your (random gold) gold pieces."
A successfully completed quest results in a reputation gain according to the table below.
|The Mercenary Mages||+5|
A failed quest results in a reputation loss according to the table below.
(Allies/Enemies affiliations for listed factions are not considered.)
In case you completed the quest successfully you will lose 5 reputation with one of the Witch Covens.
After you have accepted this quest, NPCs may say when asked for any news:
- "Poor (noble's name) has been awake for days. I think (his/her) sanity is going."
- "The witch who cursed (noble's name) with sleeplessness really did a job on (him/her)."
If you fail the quest, NPCs may say when asked for any news:
- "(Noble's name) and the Mages Guild are at odds. They couldn't help (him/her)."
- "(Noble's name) made peace with the witches, but hasn't forgiven the Mages Guild."
If you successfully complete the quest, NPCs may say when asked for any news:
- "(Noble's name) is still sleeping I hear. Now they're afraid (he/she)'ll never wake up."
- "The witch who cursed (noble's name) has vowed vengeance on the man who cured (him/her)."
If you successfully complete the quest, the quest giver may later greet you with:
- "You helped us maintain good relations with (noble's name). What may I do for you?"
If you failed the quest, the quest giver will greet you with:
- "You failed the Guild when you failed our friend (noble's name). Go from here. Perhaps in time I may forgive thee, (player's name)."
|Cast the Sleep Spell (n0b00y08)|
|Finishes Quest||Journal Entry|
|0||(Date): I have agreed to cast Sleep on (noble's name), a patron of the Mages Guild of (Guild's town). I have (time limit) days to get to (residence) in (noble's town) where (noble's name) lives, cast the spell successfully, and return to (Guildmagister's name) in the Mages Guild.|